Skoda Fabia Sewing machine remap

Good evening all.  I apologise in advance as this is a much covered subject but I'm looking for the latest information.  I have a Montecarlo fabia estate 1.2 Tsi (105)bhp.  My question is potentially dull but after a remap does the engine sound different. My concern is that it already sounds like an angry sewing machine :D, and I don't want it to sound like its under even more strain.  This may not be the case, hence my asking.  I appreciate any info.  Thanks.  Chris.  If anyone is interested I intend on using Quantum tuning.  249.99 and they offer very realistic figures at approximately 130hp with an impressive torque increase. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 06/05/2017 at 21:48, James@Pentagon_Seat said:

Why not try a reliable, tried and tested company like Shark? Miles better than quantum.

your engine note shouldn't change post remap - no. 

FWIW my mk2 petrol octy vrs sounded just like a sewing machine after a shark remap! Not a criticism of the map by the way, which was faultless. I'm interested though on what basis you don't rate the quantum map? How do you know that the shark map is so much better? 

1 hour ago, stever750 said:

FWIW my mk2 petrol octy vrs sounded just like a sewing machine after a shark remap! Not a criticism of the map by the way, which was faultless. I'm interested though on what basis you don't rate the quantum map? How do you know that the shark map is so much better? 

Im pretty sure all the maps are very similar across the map industry, its like laptops, Asus, HP and Dell can all make a laptop yes. They look different but they all run the same and have the same internals in most cases, but they all work!! I have a map on my 1.6TDI by More-BHP. No one really mentioned them on here and they are a smaller company but car runs fine and had a service with Skoda themselves and they didn't flag anything up!! 

Shark are the most known but there are also some very good alternatives. 

Edited by JGrindel

Not all maps are not the same a good tuner, tweak to your needs, raw power or torque or my case got a balanced tune. My 1.2 TSI has 121hp with torque at 157.

And still return easily 40plus at high motorway speed as well at urban

JGrindel, it would be dead easy if all Stage 1 were the same from the likes Shark Performance, REVO, APR, Quantum, Superchips etc etc you would just buy local or the 'much cheapness', Generic software.

Once you have had a bad remap installed, maybe to your previously good running vehicle run like crap and the Software Engineers are not interested and you then 

have someone that gives a damn install theirs you might see they are 'not all of a sameness'.

Nice and simple when the Remap can be done via the OBDII port, and the ECU's dont need opening, but that is still no guarantee of the Remap.

REVO did a pretty poor Stage 1 for 1.4 TSI / TFSI Twinchargers back when there were first on sale.

Not that they seemed to want to admit to that at the time, maybe they are doing so now.

eg

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/227293-jabbasport-custom-map 

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/153325-ecu-remap-warning-from-jkm 

Edited by Headinawayoffski

• 6 months later...

I have a more general question about mapping.  Had the 2011 Monte 1.2 tsi for a few months.  I run it only on Tesco 99 or Vpower and with just me in the car it now actually feels quite lively - pulls well.  I'm not new to mapping as I have had imprezas for 15 years.  I don't want to spend circa £300 on the Monte for just a little bit more sparkle and slightly higher insurance.  If it is going to be a night and day change with noticeable perk then I will go for it.

My 2011 (60 plate) has a balanced remap to 121 hp from 85 and it is chalk and cheese difference . Faster and marginally more economical

Edited by Kenrw8

My torque went from 124 to 158 ft lbs.

Maybe more power and torque now.  Ive replaced the exhaust with stainless steel system with sports cat and two resonator boxes, didn't want it noticeable loud. Also fitted all suspension bushes with powrflex ones Inc dog bone to stiffen it up.

Mines an elegance with no esp or TCS , so  a real drivers car.

Edited by Kenrw8

This is actually my wife's car which she likes because it is red with a black roof! :D I actually don't find the suspension too bad currently and have had quite a lot of fun in it along country roads today. I've never reached a fuel cut....my scooby will cut fuel if you go really silly with the revs??  I hear some standard Montes come off rolling road with figures quite a bit above 110??  THe 99 ron fuel makes such a difference. As soon as you add a passenger though the car feels sluggish.

1 hour ago, mgcvk said:

T I hear some standard Montes come off rolling road with figures quite a bit above 110??  THe 99 ron fuel makes such a difference. As soon as you add a passenger though the car feels sluggish.

Not sure on the tsi but every standard 105 tdi I’ve seen dyno’d has made 119bhp.