Near side rear door mechanism, Roomster mk1.

You can't say these Roomsters give you a minute of rest !,

My lock mechanism has gone faulty door locked inside and out,key fob will lock doors and unlock boot, light comes on inside as usual........all this has been on this forum a few times in the past with other peoples cars  but I will need to get a new part, plenty of them on ebay but they do not tally up with my part number (took the door card off yesterday and somehow took a pic of the lock to get part no) my part number is 5J7839015A anyone out there had to replace this item ?, looks like buying one from a Skoda dealer unless someone out there has any ideas, many thanks.

You sure it's not the wiring loom broken where it goes through the door gaitor?

Having similar problems with mine and pretty sure it's the wires.

You could be right about the loom, however it will still be necessary to smash out lock to view gaitor and replace lock.

As for the looms about 12-13 months back had to replace the loom on drivers door so it could be deju-vu !!.

By the way can you hear the door locking sound in that door when using the key(nearside rear) i can....... don't know if that's a good omen ?.

Edited by silvafelicia

Can't you just remove the speaker to get access?  Drill the rivets out and either re-rivet or use self tappers to secure it back in afterwards.

Not sure if I can hear the door mechanism tbh as I'm usually sat in the drivers seat when it's playing up, if it's making a noise it's drowned out by the drivers door lock clunking.

Will sit in passenger seat next time it happens and find out.

Get someone to use the key to open/shut doors on the drivers door while you  put your ear on the offending door.

As for my problem have had the card off last weekend on the door to take pic of door lock for serial number,however  if the loom is at fault it should not be too bad too replace.

I wonder if SKODA HQ have a test bed for certain products, you know the sort of thing they have at IKEA where a drawer is pulled in and out with a weight in it, if they did this sort of test on Roomster door I wonder how many open and shut operations you would get before the loom failed ?.

Looking again at the door today, have put another door lock onto wiring socket (door lock not fitted to door)but although it will lock via fob key will not unlock, so guesses are the loom could be the likely culprit !.                     ( Rear nsr roomster MK1  door six pin socket into door lock)

Damn those looms are feeble.

Had my ear up to the door yesterday when it was playing up and it's not making a sound, the car also doesn't react when I open that door i.e. the door open warning light doesn't come on, so pretty sure mine is the loom also.

Joeski those looms are poor, Skoda should be ashamed of these products they are not fit for purpose, the smallest wires are too thin and with constant bending (ie door opening) they are not up to the job........If I was a cynical b I might suggest someone somewhere reckoned on this as a nice little revenue stream, a few years down  from the production line.

• 5 months later...

Discovered last week that the passenger door hasn't been locking at all when I was locking the car, no idea how long it's been that way.  Had a look at the loom and there were stripped wires and also the thicker brown wire that goes to the lock mech looked like it had overheated and stripped about an inch at the lock end and the gaiter end.

So ordered a new loom for the passenger side (that's 2 looms in 6 months), fitted it yesterday in the 20 mins of light I had left after work and it hasn't fixed the problem.

I've also had the ''door open'' light constantly on for a week when all doors are closed, so unable to set the alarm and needed to lock 'most' doors with the key in the door, the new loom didn't fix this, it has however become intermittent rather than constantly on, so the car beeps at me now every 2-3 seconds when I'm driving.  Driving me mad ;)

Ordered a cheap vcds cable off ebay, will hopefully be able to plug it in and find out what the problems are.

Will update when I know more.

Loved this car for a while when I bought it, beginning to hate it now...

Edited by joeski