Virtual Pedal - utter, utter s....

On 10/06/2017 at 20:46, BoxerBoy said:

2 months in and it's still rubbish.

I have less than a 10% chance of the tailgate opening at the first attempt.

I see absolutely no logic whatsover in the sensor operation. Whether opening or closing.

A very poor show from Skoda.

This maybe a genuine fault with your car then, I coded a L&K Superb last weekend and the virtual pedal refused to work (but it also gave a fault code so the owner could take it back for warranty work) 

I then demonstrated how I opened mine every morning (which is the ‘wrong’ way according to the manual) ... stand by the rear O/S light cluster and then kick under the car diagonally, 99% of the time it opens first time.

Stepping back after doing the kick is key though otherwise the car will detect you are too close and will not open, which is probably why my way ‘just works’ as I do not need to step back as I am not in the path of the hatch?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In my case, the tailgate opens in 95% of all cases. And for the other 5% I know what I did wrong. You just kick forward once. Not twice. Not theee times. Just once. And you don't touch your car. After the kick, you move backward telling your sensors that it is a GO-GO-GO action. And you MUST never wave you foot left and right. The second kick actually resets the opening action.

My video: Virtual pedal

On 12/08/2017 at 19:00, romanv said:

One off-topic question: how to switch off electric tailgate opening for car wash?

No idea. Why would you want to?

In any case, just RTFM

Well, the TFM didn't say anything except turn off virtual pedal when washing the car manually. 

I turned off easy open. I locked the doors by pressing the lock door button. And I successfully survived car wash. The tailgate didn't open :)

it is clean now... from outside.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is a feature I'm not remotely (pun intended haha) interested in. :D

Nice to hear its working out for the ones that had issues.

Edited by Macdemon