Servicing the panoramic sunroof blinds?

Does anybody have any tips about servicing the panoramic sunroof blinds in a Roomster? 

Do I have to take the inside roof down? Is that even possible? 

The previous owner was quite heavy hanquit it seems. I'm going through a handful of thseemson the car putting them back together. Literally. 

Problems: 

1. Both blinds have come detached from the side/s

2. The rear blind won't roll properly. Seems to have been overextended at some point

Any pointers appreciated. 

Edited by gingerbeardman

Just popped by VW Helston, Cornwall, and a friendly mechanic called John (also a Roomster owner, what luck!) advised me that I've got to take down all the roof panels to solve this. 

One for the weekend!

Edited by gingerbeardman

Let us know how you get on. Thankfully I haven't had to work with mine yet but I see a few flies have been squashed between them and the window and stained the fabric a bit.

Has your's had the magnetic catches fitted to stop the blinds flying open when they might feel like it?