Fun tonneau cover from The Fun Club

From what I recall, the ones from the Fun Club has edge pieces that slide into a C channel just under the "hockey sticks" in the loadspace. I think they were accessed by opening the tailgate and sliding in through there. Once in place, there was a zip either side. Not particularly secure though.

Clips were similar to what you'd use to hold a shower curtain to the shower rail.

The covers from a normal pickup fit too, but the rear seats can make things awkward if you have them  out.

If you've managed to get a Fun Club one, then you've done well........they're like hens teeth!

Used your Advice, popped it on, had to lube the two strips either side, and away it went,

didn't need any clips, very cleverly made looks great with the seats in or out....many thanks Alex

scudtonn.JPG

No worries John. Good to see you back in a Fun! ;)

Oddly. I still have that pot of yellow paint from 5 or so years ago............ :o:o

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, Trapstar18 said:

Hi there, just bough myself a skoda fun and just wondering if you would know where I could buy one of these covers.

The chances of buying one new are zero. There weren't many made in the first place, and most have given up over time. These were specially made for the Fun's as the centre could unzip and allow you to put a Truckman top on over them. They also connected to the rear door-handle in some way. There were not an official item, only available through the (very defunkt) Fun club, so there's no part number to try and track down.

The one from the normal truck is completely different. From what I recall, it doesn't "adapt" to the back being open.

Keeping an eye on ebay and trucks being broken is a good thing to do.

I suspect your best bet would be to have one made, but I think it would very very not be cheap.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...