Phillips MK3 Octavia VRS OEM+

Phillips

On 08/10/2019 at 19:47, rokyluk said:

You were there when you fit he cruise control i wonder where is this connector . There is one wire which you must connect from blue connector to this one... But ican not find it...

That was two years ago..... I cannot remember

• 1 month later...

Ordered a set of Osram D3S 200% bulbs from AKS Tuning to replace my originals from 2014 as there was a noticeable brightness dip as the nights started to get darker this year. 

These bulbs are insane in comparison!

IMG_9898.thumb.JPG.ae80df72b03d608f9a9e517a26d50145.JPG

Had a slight leaking issue with my pano roof..... I ended up stripping the whole thing out and fixing the sealant joint on the frame of the roof itself as it was leaking on the joints.

IMG_9908.thumb.JPG.e6fee8b80e135713658ac56f3f0e0bbb.JPG IMG_9909.thumb.JPG.a69e6ce88faf2de44cc79d9f9a8cdecc.JPG IMG_9910.thumb.JPG.cb92b5d32dd371c10975081085a4b101.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighRevsRay said:

Just read this from start to finish and it has made me so excited to pick mine up next week!

Great car and tasteful mods to complement, chapeau.

Thanks! You’ll love it when you get yours!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What an excellent thread, I just navigated my way over hear to do some research around the MK3 VRS estate and found your thread via Google. The car looks amazing and I love the OEM+ route you have gone with it, I am literally about to phone a dealer about a VRS estate later today I hope to place deposit with a view to collecting on Sat.

Thanks for the inspiration and keep the updates coming :thumbup:

Si

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/01/2020 at 03:14, SiT said:

What an excellent thread, I just navigated my way over hear to do some research around the MK3 VRS estate and found your thread via Google. The car looks amazing and I love the OEM+ route you have gone with it, I am literally about to phone a dealer about a VRS estate later today I hope to place deposit with a view to collecting on Sat.

Thanks for the inspiration and keep the updates coming :thumbup:

Si

Thanks Si, did you get one? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Finally Ordered some suspension! Raceling Shock and Spring Kit, now to wait, it was on a seven week lead time 😔

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Still waiting on the Racingline Shock and Spring kit..... think I'll end up adding some rear spacers too once the kit is fitted and the wheel alignment is completed.

O2 Sensor has an intermittent crisis every few weeks so replaced that today.

IMG_1368.thumb.JPG.fd32caf70cda643019ac64079b4e09b6.JPG  IMG_1113.thumb.jpeg.cb833f39e06829b29e98007faa063d69.jpeg

Edited by Phillips
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Nice thread! Keep up the good work. 

Trying to decide between H&R’s and Eibach at the minute so I’m looking forward to hearing what you make of the Racingline springs.

How do you find the new silicone hose? Been wanting one for my a while just to colour co-ordinate my engine bay to the car but had no joy finding one for the diesel so I’m glad I came across your thread. Would prefer it without the branding mind.

• Like 1

On 23/08/2020 at 09:58, CookieMonster87 said:

Nice thread! Keep up the good work. 

Trying to decide between H&R’s and Eibach at the minute so I’m looking forward to hearing what you make of the Racingline springs.

How do you find the new silicone hose? Been wanting one for my a while just to colour co-ordinate my engine bay to the car but had no joy finding one for the diesel so I’m glad I came across your thread. Would prefer it without the branding mind.

I'm not just replacing the springs I'll be fitting Racingline Shocks too so it's probably not comparable to just replacing springs, but from experience with previous cars I've always just replaced the springs with HR and they've been great!

The Darkside Silicone Hose gave me a slightly quicker pickup and it's a smoother power delivery at the top end when we're talking about daft speeds not revs. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got myself a CTEK charger and just had a wheel alignment at AKS Tuning yesterday, turns out I’ve got some seized bolts and bad camber bushes, so next years wheel alignment will have polybushes. 

9CC71656-16ED-4B72-A9B0-81E10C34AB3E.thumb.jpeg.7b66fd1559d58fa6c7a30ea388b52c57.jpeg
image.thumb.jpg.274ae07fb43ef2e3736c332782f53e65.jpg

Edited by Phillips