My 2008 MK2 sport TD

Alexh4551

New poly bushes have arrived for my lower control arms as well as new track rod ends and bottom ball joints. Egr delete kit is somewhere in the world being delivered via reindeer or nasa space ship.

Black betty will be booked in for wheel alignment once all parts have been changed and monday night is remap and egr delete time.

Why does everything has to take so long to happen, i must be the most impatient man in souh wales! 

If anyone wants a "how to" guide on bottom ball joints, track rod ends or polybushing a control arm then just let me know.

Edited by Alexh4551
  • Like 1

Carried out my egr / egr cooler delete today. Wasnt too bad of a job, a bit fiddly in places but managed to do it laying underneath the car with the front jacked up

IMG_0414.JPG

IMG_0418.JPG

Only lost a tiny amount of coolant.

IMG_0415.JPG

Edited by Alexh4551

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing exciting has happened apart from enjoying driving the car. With all the suspension work i have done i did the tracking and it was on the threshold of the limits ( 0-20mins toe in ) so adjusted the tracking back to 10 minutes toe in.

IMG_0433.JPG

• Like 2

Great stuff!

I've just had all fronts replaced in Powerflex, and it definitely has made a massive difference.

Also had the Engine stabiliser done too.

Have you got shorter drop links fitted to yours too?

I tried some different polish and wax today, instead of my normal poorboys i went for autoglym super resin followed by high gloss wax. Think i may have found my new favorite brand. 

IMG_0437.JPG

• Like 4

I'm also a big fan of Augo Glym :) I love the HD wax! 

Car looks great as well, I've done the EGR & Cooler delete, put PD130 injectors and turbo on with a few other things and remapped to approx 180bhp.

• Like 1

Picked up a new vibe sub stupidly cheap so installed it today. 

Had to take out the polybush rear wishbone mounts as they were knocking so i fitted normal rubber ones and the knock has gone. 

IMG_0441.JPG

IMG_0442.JPG

Sadly not lol. 

That bag is full of cleaning cloths, microfibres, applicators etc. The deal for a tenner is 3 bottles of external or internal e.g- autoglym wash wax, super resin and high gloss. There doing an internal pack which i think is fast glass, interior shampoo and vinyl rubber care. 

• 2 months later...

Need to pull my finger out and give her another clean but everytime i plan to wash her it starts raining.

Re-fitted my oil catch tank as i had the old elephant mod fitted but didnt like the drops of oil on my clean engine. 

IMG_0578.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update you all... i bought the darkside G60 smf kit for my fabia and when i removed the original clutch it had an SMF fitted from factory. Spoke to the previous owner who had it from new and he had never had a clutch change. 

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, S27VEJ said:

Great progress mate!

Love the look of your car...black really suits them

Cheers dude. 

Its getting there slowly. Took the tyres off my 17’s today and taking them a couple of miles down the road to a mates workshop where he has a cabinet blaster i can use to take all the paint off the alloys.