"19586 - EGR System: Regulation Range Exceeded P3130 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent"

Hi everyone,

Hoping someone here can shed some light on this issue I am having.

Last Jan I got a new EGR valve fitted into my VRS to try and resolve an EGR light. It turned out that EGR light was due to a dodgy wire. This has now been resolved and although I was a bit annoyed at the extra cost of a new EGR valve, I thought it was something I didn't have to worry about for the foreseeable future... How wrong I was.

Around 2 weeks ago I got this error thrown at me: "19586 - EGR System: Regulation Range Exceeded P3130 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent". I have done some reading into this and people have spoke about it being a vacuum leak or the EGR valve is stuck. To try and eliminate this problem I have changed all the vacuum pipes with silicone piping and have clipped the ends to ensure there is a tight air seal. The light is still being thrown up when I clear it, could be 80 miles, could be 20 miles. 

I really hope it is not another EGR valve, I have spoke to the garage about the work warranty and they have said they will get back to me.

Does anyone have any clues for me please? I love this car but do not wanna be changing EGR valve every year or two!

Thank you,

Caleb

16 hours ago, sepulchrave said:

Try cleaning it, it may be gummed up.

Thanks for replying mate. I was thinking of trying that today. Rung the garage that fitted new one and they would clean for £60 and if it was broken, replace it free of charge. 

Any tips on cleaning it?

Thanks,

Caleb

29 minutes ago, CalebSdeQ said:

Any tips on cleaning it?

Sorry, I don't really understand the question, just take it all apart and get it properly clean, don't wear your best clothes, use solvents but don't sniff them, do you really need any tips?

I cleaned mine 'in situ' by unbolting the EGR assy (do not disconnect elec plug) and placing a plastic tub down beside  the engine,I cleaned it with carb cleaner,old toothbrush and pipecleaners.

I stuffed rags down the inlet etc to stop solvent going where it shouldn't.

If you have to unplug electrically (for access reasons etc) the egr will have to be 'introduced' to the ecu via basic settings i believe (same as for a replacement egr valve).

Edited by YS53
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Cleaned the EGR valve and it took a lot longer for the EML to come back on but it still did sadly so it is with a garage today getting cleaned out so I will update with the results of garage cleaning EGR :)

EGR has been cleaned, garage didn't know how the car started let alone ran! I have only had the new EGR valve in for around 16 months, I have read somewhere on here that the EGR should be cleaned every 30,000. Does anyone have any guidelines which they clean the valve by?

As usual, cheers for all your help and advice guys!

Garage has cleaned the valve, is spotless now. Fault keeps appearing every 20-30 miles. Car is performing amazingly (suppose EGR needed to be cleaned anyway), have seen Ford have had a similar issue to this and it is due to connecting pipes to the EGR. But as far as I am aware the only two pipes to EGR are the vacuum pipe (which is newly replaced silicon around 2 months ago) and the air intake pipe below.

Anyone got any more ideas please?

Thank you,

Caleb

• 2 weeks later...

This fault will not go away, EGR valve is clean and garage has confirmed it is functioning as it should. I was thinking about changing all of the vacuum lines as the error lists as "Insufficient Flow". Would appear the fault takes longer to appear when I am driving the car hard, took over 40 miles to come on when I was late and rushing, but 10-12 miles when driving @ 30mph and around town.

Could this be a vacuum leak?

Thank you,

Caleb

14 hours ago, Bogwoppit said:

What year is the car and what is the engine code please? ASZ or BLT?

It is a 2006 with a BLT engine. 88K miles and serviced about 5K miles ago.

I had the 'EGR insufficient flow' error that kept appearing on my '07 BLT on gentle journeys when I bought it back in 2012.

One of the previous owners had fitted the EGR gasket with the Ø9mm hole and this was what was causing the problem. It was part of a TSB that Skoda apparently released to solve this BLT stutter problem.

I removed said EGR gasket, drilled the Ø9mm hole out to Ø11mm, refitted it and have never seen the problem again (nearly 5 years since!)

It might be worth checking your EGR pipes to see if you have a gasket fitted and if you do, check the hole size and enlarge if necessary.

Have a read through this thread if it helps

Edited by Bogwoppit

23 minutes ago, Bogwoppit said:

I had the 'EGR insufficient flow' error that kept appearing on my '07 BLT on gentle journeys when I bought it back in 2012.

One of the previous owners had fitted the EGR gasket with the Ø9mm hole and this was what was causing the problem. It was part of a TSB that Skoda apparently released to solve this BLT stutter problem.

I removed said EGR gasket, drilled the Ø9mm hole out to Ø11mm, refitted it and have never seen the problem again (nearly 5 years since!)

It might be worth checking your EGR pipes to see if you have a gasket fitted and if you do, check the hole size and enlarge if necessary.

Have a read through this thread if it helps

Hi  @Bogwoppit,

I have heard of this issue and have never experienced it myself. I purchased a new EGR gasket with the 9mm hole last year but never fitted it. I have driven the car with the original gasket but new EGR valve for around 13 months with no error. If some crap falls onto the gasket (if this is possible?) could that cause the error?

I will look into this hopefully at the weekend.

Thank you very much!

Caleb