Loading POIs on Amundsen Stereo

bomski

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FurryFriend

Thank you for this. I'm going to look into it and see if I can do it on our unit. 

A question. How do I know what version of the Amundsen unit I have. Not the maps.... The unit. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I may be really stupid but all I want to do is download a few POI's to my Amundsen (Not Speed Cameras). I need a really east step by step idiots guide to:-

1) Locate the best website to download from.

2) Know which format to download in.

3) Convert the format so my Amundsen will see it.

4) Know how to download it on my SD card

I tried to do it from pocket gps, but then when I got to Skoda my destinations it came up with some error.

Surely it can't be that complicated?

I don't really want to use my old tom tom to do this. Skoda must have a fix?

Thanks

Hi Bomski.  I was delighted to read your post but when I follow the links in the guide I get to a blank VW page and one that I think says that the link is broken (it's in German so only guessing)  Am I doing something wrong?  Hope you can help cause I am going to loose my license if I don't get some speed camera warnings.  I have moved from a Navara to a Superb and to say it's quite comfortable, economical, responsive (everything the Navara is not) would be an understatement

7 hours ago, OFFS said:

Hi Bomski.  I was delighted to read your post but when I follow the links in the guide I get to a blank VW page and one that I think says that the link is broken (it's in German so only guessing)  Am I doing something wrong?  Hope you can help cause I am going to loose my license if I don't get some speed camera warnings.  I have moved from a Navara to a Superb and to say it's quite comfortable, economical, responsive (everything the Navara is not) would be an understatement

There's a typo in the URL, I'll get it updated shortly, in the meantime use this link to get to the VW portal:

http://webspecial.volkswagen.de/infotainment/de/de/manuals/nav-companion.html?d1=discoverpro&type=poiNavigation

Quick update.  Took three attempts to do it but have managed to use bomski's guide (with updated link) to upload speed cameras to my sat nav.  Not sure why first two attempts didn't work.  The file tree that worked for me (on a Windows Computer) is attached.  Thanks again bomski for taking the time to put the guide together. 

File Tree.pdf

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

On 10/17/2017 at 08:40, bomski said:

Updated guide with fixed URL can be found here; apologies for the multiple posts, I seem unable to delete the original uploads

custom-poi-loading-20171017.pdf

bomski, many thanks, followed the instructions and it all worked. Safety Cameras now showing on my satnav. Octavia MK3 FL.

For anyone having problems with the German on the VW site I used Google Chrome Browser on Windows PC as it translates automatically. (other browser will do it to)

Took about 15 mins from start to finish with the cameras showing up.

Thanks again.

• 3 months later...

Hello. Thanks for the info as a couple of months ago I've managed to add some POI's to my Amundsen.

However, I also tried today and it seems that VW has changed the mentioned webpage and I cannot find anymore tha portal to start the import. 

Am I doing something wrong, can someone provide a solution? 

Thanks!

6 hours ago, SwatKat said:

Hello. Thanks for the info as a couple of months ago I've managed to add some POI's to my Amundsen.

However, I also tried today and it seems that VW has changed the mentioned webpage and I cannot find anymore tha portal to start the import. 

Am I doing something wrong, can someone provide a solution? 

Thanks!

Try here: http://www.volkswagen-nav-companion.de/mib/ppoi/intro.jsf

And, if possible, 2 more questions:

1. After importing the POIs, and selecting the category to be displayed in the navigation, the approaching sound is played automatically on the Amundsen, or are there other settings to be checked?

2. I have tried yesterday to import the same POI database using the Skoda Connect portal - managed successfully and they appear in the map - don't really think there would be a sound when approaching? So, I was thinking, can I create a POI database with a setting to have a sound enabled, and then upload this through Skoda Connect?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Apologies to everyone that has been trying to use the guide I produced. VW have taken all instances of the portal down. Skoda's POI portal has been broken for some time. After a bit of research i've come across this on the Seat forums:

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/uploading-speed-camera-pois-tail-of-woe-vw-pulled-the-update-site-again.444799/

I haven't had time to test; but it appears that this works. Once I get chance to play with this, i'll update the guide accordingly. For now, if anyone is looking for a solution to the POI loading problem, this is (currently) your best shot.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 17/10/2017 at 08:40, bomski said:

Updated guide with fixed URL can be found here; apologies for the multiple posts, I seem unable to delete the original uploads

custom-poi-loading-20171017.pdf

I've just found this. What an outstanding guide! Thanks for sharing.

I realise there may be some tech issues, but the clarity and effort you put into it was outstanding. 👌

Edited by EnterName