Poor radio reception

Gavlar1980

Hi as we are all aware of the poor radio reception on the Citigo. Mine is clearly terrible. Has anyone fitted a aftermarket base to resolve the issue or possibly a oem base off another make vehicle? 

we had the poor radio reception issues after about 6month of having our citigo from new. Initially in 2014 it was a new one on our local skoda dealer but they did the right research and it was the base unit, this was replaced under warranty and we have never had an issue since.

I've also read the same issued with the Mii and Up, so i expect the factory changed the design slightly to avoid this to become too common.

I would recommend the official upgrade over aftermarket as our experience has been fine since the original fault

Sorry to put a damper on this but my wife's Mii has had two aerial bases replaced and it's just started again!

No worries though she's ordered a new Mii.

Fred

I've had the same issues with bad reception. I bought a portable DAB radio (from ARGOS - see link below) which just plugs into the Aux input and problem solved. Had DAB in previous car and its much better than FM.

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/9153219?cmpid=GS001&_$ja=tsid:59158|cid:200217410|agid:12488202530|tid:aud-144400486596:pla-94805465450|crid:66128550290|nw:g|rnd:13212198333042586183|dvc:c|adp:1o3&gclid=CJSWroX4pNMCFVMo0wodYVsLkA

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, vrsdaveb said:

I've had the same issues with bad reception. I bought a portable DAB radio (from ARGOS - see link below) which just plugs into the Aux input and problem solved. Had DAB in previous car and its much better than FM.

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/9153219?cmpid=GS001&_$ja=tsid:59158|cid:200217410|agid:12488202530|tid:aud-144400486596:pla-94805465450|crid:66128550290|nw:g|rnd:13212198333042586183|dvc:c|adp:1o3&gclid=CJSWroX4pNMCFVMo0wodYVsLkA

I was looking for something similar to these but couldn't find one. Thanks! 

• 4 weeks later...

Further to my post  The car went into Skoda and had a replacement aerial base fitted for the first week the radio reception was perfect went to get in the car to go to work on Friday and it was worse than ever and it's been the same ever since I don't know where to go from here 

I have a similar problem in my 15 plate Mii, my local Radio Lincs is just not audible but some others are fine. Never experienced this problem on other cars. Fortunately for me neither my wife nor I are that bothered about having the radio on in the car. Still I do like things to work as they should.

Harry

I feel your pain it's so frustrating that you buy a new car and they can't get something  as easy is in radio reception right and even a new aerial base fitted and it still doesn't work. It certainly making me think twice about buying another Skoda

On 12/06/2017 at 10:31, Gavlar1980 said:

I feel your pain it's so frustrating that you buy a new car and they can't get something  as easy is in radio reception right and even a new aerial base fitted and it still doesn't work. It certainly making me think twice about buying another Skoda

It would be a shame to let it put you off Skoda.  This radio fault seems to be a VW thing. They got something wrong. You can see similar comments aimed at the 'Up' and as I say my 'Mii' is blessed with the same poor set up.

I love Skoda as a brand. The three Fabias I had were great cars and the little Citigo/Up/Mii is a fantasic car for the money. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Harry

• Like 1