Fan Blower Resistor

It died today, anyone know the part number for a replacement please? Could it be OE 6Q0959263 (A) I can see one for £6.44 on Amazon.

17 hours ago, bryanb said:

Thanks, it's 2010 1,6 tdi. No climate control. Fan only runs on No 4

Sorry for the delay yes thats the one 

Also fits fabia and rapid 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, bryanb said:

Job done, a few scratches and bruises on hands, total cost £6.44 and an hours work.

If you don't know when it was last done, check/change your pollen filter to help prevent a recurrence. The reduced airflow may help the resistor overheat if it's seriously clogged.

• Like 1

On 2017-5-22 at 09:15, Wino said:

If you don't know when it was last done, check/change your pollen filter to help prevent a recurrence. The reduced airflow may help the resistor overheat if it's seriously clogged.

Thanks for that, it was a bit clogged with fluff etc. Brushed and hoovered it out.

• 3 weeks later...

He-He-He! I been trawlin' forums of other models just for fun. I saw this as many Fabia owners report the same thing, fan blowing only on four... Same fix as expected but what made me laugh was brushing and hoovering a dirty filter... I would have shook it a little if I had already removed it but for such a small cost and a few days in the post, fitting a new one is probably so much more effective. I would change mine at least once a year. Order it, wait for it to arrive, then fit it. No point in inspecting it as in a year, it IS gonna be covered in muck.