Remote control for central locking

Hello!

I apologize in advance for my imperfect English skills but let's try. I bought some weeks ago Skoda Fabia mk2 2009 1.2 HTP. It has central locking system but not remote control. Now I'm interested in installing remote control system/kit because here in Finland it's quite cold even in summer (for example; I wash my car and in the evening the locks are frozen so it's hard to get into the car etc.). So according to my 'large' research I think there is two ways to do the installing. And yes, I have tried to do research for this thing in Finnish and English forums but all I've found has been about either wrong maker or model. So I kind of need your help with this.

1. First one is to fit aftermarket (ebay) kit alongside the convenience control module (OR if I could find Skodas own kit bka 700 003..) I wouldn't prefer to do it this way because it's not OEM. And other worry: how easy it is to install.

2. The second way is to update the car's convenience control module to a better one (from seller who sells used parts from wrecked cars or new from local part dealer) and buy couple (oem or not oem) keys which I have to code with vcds or something...? and a locksmith would engrave the keys to my car using my old keys as a model for engraving. It may also have some other coding with updated ccm? So in this way it would be like OEM fitting...  Am I totally wrong with this idea? My car's convenience control module is 6Q2 937 049 F and the car has electric windows only in front. When I read some forums I saw opinions that this way could be easier way? I noticed that Polo has the same ccm and somewhere i read that 6Q0 937 049 D would support the remote control system. I didn't find any this kind of information on internet for Fabia.

By now I can only thank you for possible response.

Cheers,

okku12

I stand corrected of course, but I have never heard of a mk 2 Fabia NOT having remote central locking. I believe its standard on all models right from the basic entry level model. I thought that would now be industry "Norm".

I thought also so because it's still made in 2009:blink: but unfortunately I have Mk2 Fabia without remote central locking. I can't even get used to it because all our other cars have remote control..  What is even astonishing; our town's local skoda/vag dealers do NOT certainly know what to do. Now I have to try one more time with the other brand business because I have the code of the ccm, i'll try to ask what functions that ccm supports etc. 

BUT. I Believe in this forum. There has to be someone who knows what to do:sweat: 

If I don't get the answer here I will ask in one finnish group on fb(concern's group). That would maybe be little embarrassing:biggrin:

If its a used car, my guess is someone replaced the keys/fobs and either omitted the remote or removed it due to failure. Might have been down to cost. I really cannot conceive of Skoda making even the basic, entry level model without remote locking as it would cost MORE to chop and change the production line.

• Like 1

Yeah it's used and shipped from France in 2011 (couple years use in France). I understand that latter thing, it is easier and cheaper to product one kind of than change the production line..

My car is really, I mean really basic model.. It has non-height-adjustable seats, no seat heaters, manual adjust mirrors, no epc off button and someone has even changed the original radio to basic aftermarket 1-din version because the old didn't work :dull:. But there was a coupling for original navigation system when we fixed the wiring of aftermarket radio!! (The new radio didn't even work because the stations were gone every time I shut off the electrics and I pulled key off from ignition switch).

What is weird or at least funny that I don't understand: on both side of car in the front doors are locks for the key, and the key and central locking works in both doors. When I turn locks off or open, indicators flicker like normally they do. For example when every cars' doors will be locked/unlocked from remote, indicators flicker. But if its like that what you said, why there is a lock per each front door? So there would be fitted a lock to the passengers side after that remote keys wont work incident. I have seen in remote controlled central locking cars only one lock that will exist on drivers door.

Edit. I forgot to say that rear doors are with mechanical windows

Edited by okku12

You really need to review the coding on the sticker in the wheel well. Mine has the following code. There is a site on the net that will let you identify all the codes to investigate the build spec of the car.http://vag-codes.info/vag-option-codes

8QL Key for locking system with remote control    
Edited by KeithCheetham
Web site added

Some older promote fob vehicles still had keyhole both sides, then the norm was to put a blanking cover on passenger side. Might still have lock underneath, just covered up!

If you put key in, turn and HOLD, does that open/shut windows too?

Edited by mrgf

I don't know much about the central locking/remote central locking systems in these cars, but I think the part numbers you refer to in your first post may not be the correct control module to be considering. 

There are two, I think, the one you mention does almost all of the cabin electrics except for the central locking. It's known in the wiring diagrams as J519.

The module that deals with the locking is J393, living further inboard, towards the centreline of the car. 

Item 7 on this page: http://www.realoem.me/Skoda/CZ/FAB/2009/608/R/9/959/959010

Older central locking didn't used to close windows, then it started to, depending on model variants. I had an old VW that did it but many cars didn't. I am assuming your car has been tampered with in some way or another. Do you have the folding fob key or just a key? Is there an immobiliser fitted to the key?

1495372532929967189348.thumb.jpg.33c5a9520467b3e0527956bfaa6c673a.jpgI found it!

Allright, those realoem codes show that without A end of the code-> means central locking module without remote control. So it supports only central locking. Is it possible to buy used box somewhere (with A) and swap the boxes and buy couple of keys and code it with vcds? What I have to code if I change the boxes, do I need more parts or just that box

Edited by okku12

WOW! they look like they come from a Favorit, not a Fabia! Looks like your country must have been supplied with low spec stuff as I have never seen these on a MK2 Fabia. Sorry. Perhaps an aftermarket alarm might be the way to get remote but not sure how you would marry it up.

20 hours ago, okku12 said:

I found it!

Allright, those realoem codes show that without A end of the code-> means central locking module without remote control. So it supports only central locking. Is it possible to buy used box somewhere (with A) and swap the boxes and buy couple of keys and code it with vcds? What I have to code if I change the boxes, do I need more parts or just that box

I'm not sure what else might be needed, if anything.  I can have a look at the wiring diagrams to see if there are more wires associated with the remote-locking version of the module, later today.

Remember, that car is originally from France , not Finland;) but someone explained yesterday how he had managed to add remote control to a little older polo. It was just like I suggested secondly. I can convert it to English later because Im stuck at the traffic because of some road accident or something. Now only "problem" seems to be coding.

Okay, somebody told that polo thing, he hasn't answered yet to my extra questions but he had done it like this; he had written down the code of the old central locking box and bought a new box with receiver ( in my case letter A end of the oem code i assume). He had transferred the code to the new box (idk what code and how). Then he had programmed/matched the keys with new central locking box :blush

We checked the whole car through with vcds tonight so I have some codes related to my current central locking box. I don't know anything about coding and I'm a little afraid of it so a quite ready coding chart or at least really good advice would be better than okay.

However here is my plan, used 5J0 959 433A box from somewhere and at least one key from local Skoda dealer. But anyway the coding seems to be causing headache

Good work; it sounds promising.  I didn't find anything in the wiring diagrams to suggest any wiring differences between remote locking and non-remote,  which supports the idea that the control module may be the only difference. 

Good luck, and please let us know when you succeed. :)

Yes, I will definitely keep you updated! I have got so many great and kind answers here so it's kind of duty now tell you if, and how I succeeded. At least I am going all the time forward and that's the positive thing. Probably I will ask from local Skoda dealer also that coding thing or from Finnish Skoda importer.. One of my last chances is to put email to Ross tech's company. I think that they are the ones who can help me. Calling isn't opportunity on these circumstances because I can't speak English on Ross Tech's situation or its complicated to explain the thing and I suggest the most people don't even know about the thing. .

• 4 weeks later...

Long time no see!

Okay, things are going forward. I ordered fob key and it came couple days ago. 

The next question was: Do I have to buy new one or is it enough to buy used central locking control module. When the used box is already coded for car A, is it possible to code to car B. Problem was most likely solved when I asked dealer's staff mechanic about it. Used box probably can be re-coded. Today I will order used box which comes a lot of cheaper than to buy new oem part. It's also in that kind of place that there isn't water so I dare to buy used one. Haha, everyone (even brand's part dealers) is saying, when you get that thing done, tell me how things went and how you solved problems.:biggrin::biggrin:

14974344041341488475295.jpg

I am guessing you will also need to put the lttle "Rice-like" immobiliser thingy into the new fob but you are in fairly unchartered waters doing this job. Might have been easier to get a decent after-market alarm with remote linked to your central locking.