Remote control for central locking

Hi All!

My English isn't so good, however I belive that you are understanding me ;) I'm read this topic and i think that the easiest method to realize remote control for central locking will be adding to your car some car alarm, for example BKA700002 - from original Skoda parts.

I had the same case a few years ago when I drove Fabia mk1 '07. It was a car in "Basic" version with "Fresh" packet (A/C + central locking + electric front window + rear parking sensors). I'm installed original alarm system dedicated for that car (BKA400002) and everyting worked fine, central locking was steering via additional remote control included with the alarm kit. I was happy for that.

In Fabia mk2 central locking is realizing various ways, depends from production date of your car. In cars after "face lifting" (>2010) all tasks related with comfort functions are realized in BCM module (J519 module). The module includes also receiver and transmitter for central locking because you have right BCM module type in your car to operate central locking with factory remote control which you bought. However I'm not sure that Fabia mk1 before "face lifting" not depending additional modules to operate factory remote control. I'm certain that in Fabia before FL included separate comfort module (independs for BCM), and you probably you should change that module if you should to using factory remote control. You should see an electrical schemes for your car.

Skoda offering the interesting service such ERWIN (https://erwin.skoda-auto.cz/) which allows you to download (for example) electrical schemes for their cars. You should pay for an hour and seeking interesting information about central locking and remote control for your car :)

3 hours ago, jacekpk said:

Hi All!

My English isn't so good, however I belive that you are understanding me ;) I'm read this topic and i think that the easiest method to realize remote control for central locking will be adding to your car some car alarm, for example BKA700002 - from original Skoda parts.

I had the same case a few years ago when I drove Fabia mk1 '07. It was a car in "Basic" version with "Fresh" packet (A/C + central locking + electric front window + rear parking sensors). I'm installed original alarm system dedicated for that car (BKA400002) and everyting worked fine, central locking was steering via additional remote control included with the alarm kit. I was happy for that.

In Fabia mk2 central locking is realizing various ways, depends from production date of your car. In cars after "face lifting" (>2010) all tasks related with comfort functions are realized in BCM module (J519 module). The module includes also receiver and transmitter for central locking because you have right BCM module type in your car to operate central locking with factory remote control which you bought. However I'm not sure that Fabia mk1 before "face lifting" not depending additional modules to operate factory remote control. I'm certain that in Fabia before FL included separate comfort module (independs for BCM), and you probably you should change that module if you should to using factory remote control. You should see an electrical schemes for your car.

Skoda offering the interesting service such ERWIN (https://erwin.skoda-auto.cz/) which allows you to download (for example) electrical schemes for their cars. You should pay for an hour and seeking interesting information about central locking and remote control for your car :)

Yes i did know that. I asked that kind of kit from skoda dealer and I think it was bka 700003. But I wanted to do OEM fitting. And all the people who has done this kind of improvement have told that it's possible. Only coding seemed to be problem but then we decided with father and friend of mine that we take coding from dealer. My friend would have been coded it with me but we don't certainly know what to do. 

• 2 weeks later...

Now I've got everything that I need for remote control upgrade! Only coding is needed for this case. A friend of mine has vcds but we don't maybe dare to do it ourselves so I have to book a time to skoda service:blush

14983207406551964547590.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi!

Sorry for not updating here for a while. But all the things went fine. It totally worked. I've got now remote control on my central locking. It works fine and it's oem fitting. Big thanks to all of you who were helping me. One thing keeps me little irritated.. I didn't have to make anything for coding and I didn't learn anything about vcds things. :dry: Also the roof have changed colour. Before it used to be white but it had a little lack fault so we decided straight to paint it black :biggrin: now the colour is a little bit more solid than before

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi okku12,

My daughter has a 09 Fabia. I need a second key and some advice.

What remote fob did you buy?

Second hand or new?

Wasw it easy to program the key - immobilizer and chip - to STG46 with VCDS?

• 4 years later...
  • 7 months later...

I am also in the same situation, I have only keys to slide into the keyslot and turn to open the car, no remotes. It’s a 2009 Fabia. And in the winter all the key holes gets frozen and almost imposs to unlock the car. I hope okku12 come back and shares wich parts he ordered and how exactly did this upgrade.

Not sure if this has been found by any of the recent posters here, but this is what I used to convert a key-in-door C/L Polo 9N3 to remote C/L a few years back: https://www.clubpolo.co.uk/topic/204921-guide-how-to-install-oem-remote-central-locking-in-a-polo-9n-with-original-parts/

Not sure what differences there are for mk2 Fabia, possibly not much at all for early, pre-facelift ones.