Halfords Exodus Roof Bar Foot Pack FP7 + Exodus (Thule) Aero Bars A127

Timmyboy

Set of 4 Halfords Exodus roof bar feet, the type that fit to pre-existing roof rails on estate cars: (currently £65)

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/roof-bars-roof-boxes/roof-bars-fittings/exodus-foot-pack-fp7--pack-of-4

Looking for £35.

Also a pair of Exodus A127 (127cm) Aero Bars - these are the same as Thule 869 model, indeed they even have a sticker underneath mentioning Thule :) - currently £63

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/roof-bars-roof-boxes/roof-bars-fittings/exodus-aero-bars-a127-pack-of-2

Looking for £35.

Buy both for £65. Collection preferred from Bristol BS39.

Photos to follow if I can figure out photobucket

20170514_134536_zpst9chhm5b.jpg

20170514_135340_zpsj86qtowp.jpg

20170514_134754_zpszracidre.jpg

20170514_134807_zpsrvqxkyhk.jpg

20170514_134819_zpslsmeebpp.jpg

20170514_134555_zpsdcrynxm0.jpg

20170514_134718_zpswmpvcsxy.jpg

20170514_134634_zpsywvxvj4z.jpg

Edited by Timmyboy

They do both very much look identical to Thule products. 

I have a Superb Estate 2011 with roof rails. I already have a set of wing bars but need the 757 foot pack, your foot pack looks the same albeit you have no lock on the outside. Would you be aware if yours are compatible?

If the price is right posted would be interested. 

Thanks 

I think they will be compatible - if I go to the Halfords site and plug in the details for a 2011 Superb Estate, it brings up the FP7 model as being the one to go for, and also states that the '757' would be the Thule equivalent.

Also looks like you can add locks to the Halfords feet too.

They're fairly heavy but postage should be reasonable using MyHermes - £40 all in should do it?

Cheers.

6 minutes ago, Timmyboy said:

I think they will be compatible - if I go to the Halfords site and plug in the details for a 2011 Superb Estate, it brings up the FP7 model as being the one to go for, and also states that the '757' would be the Thule equivalent.

Also looks like you can add locks to the Halfords feet too.

They're fairly heavy but postage should be reasonable using MyHermes - £40 all in should do it?

Cheers.

PM sent. 

• 1 month later...

@Timmyboy,

Can you please let me know whether you reckon these bars can be shortened as these are way too long for Roomster. Halfords reckons we should get 120cm ,these are 127cm but when we measured the gap between the roof rails we only need  these to be around 100cm wide...

Can you please take a look and let me know?

Many thanks, Matty

Edited by Slotty

Hi Matty, you could cut them down if you wanted to and had the correct tool; they have a cover on each end so any jagged edge would be hidden. The bars are supposed to be a couple of inches wider than the feet they sit on, so if you're measuring 100cm then 120 sounds about right, 10cm overhang each side. I'll take a pic of mine tomorrow so you can see. 

• Like 1

Great stuff @Timmyboy. Thank you. What I can see on the photos there is a lip there which I guess let's you slide the fitting bits that attach to the roof bar feet. 

If that's the case we should be good and could cut them. Could you please check for me and let me know your thoughts. 

If that's the case I will have them :)

That's about right yes. The bars are hollow with a channel going down the middle. The feet have a bit of metal on the top which slides into the channel and is tightened up. You can also use the channel to more cleanly attach stuff to the bars, rather that using clamps - does look nicer as from the outside you can't see how e.g a roofbox is fixed on, just looks like it is sitting on the bars if that makes sense. 

Overhang pic attached. 

20170628_210249.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, TimmyB said:

Hi, do you still have these?

Yes, still got them. Haven't been pushing a sale as I'm inevitably going to buy a Superb estate at some point which these will fit, but happy to let them go rather than have them sitting in the loft for years!