Karoq launch live on web

SurreyJohn

On 5/16/2017 at 21:00, Oykkh said:

Nice. But škoda told me that active info display Will not be an option from production start... 

I will be on the new Karoq.

You can now see what different paint colours / interiors are like. Not sure whether these are the options that we'll get in the UK, but the page is called 'en' so hopefully they are.

http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/models/karoq#ExtendableModuleWebPart

Asking for the configurator from the three-lines symbol seems to go to a Czech version.

The front grill reminds me of a moustache - in a bad way. I wonder if painting the grill silver or rounding off the top corners would help.

Edited by wonkyewok
commented on the grill
  • Like 1

Slightly more direct link to the Czech configurator 

http://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/cze/cze/cs-cz/nu7/66118

Looks like its initially 1.0 tsi manual, 1.5 tsi auto or 1.6 diesel manual 2wd or 2 litre diesel 4x4 (auto or manual)

I suspect the colours will be different, I like the emerald green,  not sure why the red is even more expensive than the other metallic colours

The colours are in order shown ( UK selection may be different)

Candy White

Laser White

Steel

Metallic petrol blue

Metallic magnetic brown

Metallic black

Metallic emerald green   

Metallic business grey

Metallic moon white

Metallic cappuccino

Metallic brilliant silver

Metallic quartz grey

Metallic red

Standard wheels are 17 inch, with 18 and 19 inch cost options

Clearly this is an opening range, just 2 spec levels.  Appears that there is a vast range of options

Prices range from CZK 529,900 (GB £ 18,315)

I added plenty of options to the 4x4 auto (just for fun) and it cost CZK 1,007,900 which is a hefty £34,843 so this is going to be an expensive car when fitted with a few toys

Realistically most people are probably going to be spending £ 23k -27k which is a fairly hefty jump from the Yeti pricing

Options include the 9.2 in Columbus if you like bigger screen

Edited by SurreyJohn

I like metallic red but haven't been able to have it on a new car for years because the VWs and Audis I've had didn't have it as an option.

Hopefully it is available on the Karoq in a nice shade and that will be one option sorted!

Interesting that it will be offered with the 1.5 tsi even though that's not available on the Tiguan and Q series Audis yet. That will probably be my choice. 

When Kodiaq was launched there were red versions and red is shown in brochures and web presentations but Red is not available in the UK for the Kodiaq. Read into that what you will. I still maintain that the person choosing the colours for the range is either sight impaired or completely out of touch with the buying public.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Odin1123 said:

When Kodiaq was launched there were red versions and red is shown in brochures and web presentations but Red is not available in the UK for the Kodiaq. Read into that what you will. I still maintain that the person choosing the colours for the range is either sight impaired or completely out of touch with the buying public.

Red was available to order at launch (December to February) then they removed that option. In fact, I had ordered Corrida Red but the dealer called me back couple of days later to change the colour.

bigboss, how much compensation were you offered? After all they accepted your order. Not sure about the law but it may have been broken in respect of the description of product. I had a similar experience, but pre-order when my selected colour was rejected by the order system.

On 12/08/2017 at 15:55, Odin1123 said:

Yes, when I had my Passat estates I had one after another virtually the same blue due to the poor choice. Not everyone wants a shade of grey. 

If a colour is available for one market then why not for another? They are all built in the same factory and it's easy for the robot sprayers to change from one colour to another.

I'm making up for it with my Samoa Orange TT! 

Edited by VAGCF