Black Edition Grille

nickg65

Hi folks I have a Black Edition Citigo with a chrome surround on the grille, but quite like the all black one seen on some Monte Carlos as I think it will suit the car better.

Any idea if I have to buy a new grille , or can I keep my existing one & just change the outer frame. If so where do I get one & are they easy to change.

Thanks

Nick G

It is easier to change everything, dealer can supply both parts. Relatively easy to change, the awkward part is cutting two clips which are near the headlights. 

Have a read of this thread

You don't need a whole grille chap, the part number for the black & chrome grille surround is 1ST 853 767 (yes they are the same! From what I can gather one part number has a "A" after and the other a "B" but this isn't given on the actual part), the silver surround will unclip out, allowing you to clip the black one in, if I'm not mistaken the link about gives a guide to removing the surround too. 

20170518_224212.jpg

20170518_224223.jpg

Edited by Hyphons
  • Like 3

I'm very tempted to replace the chrome grille on our Colour Edition with the gloss black MC grille..... I'm just waiting to catch a superskoda offer weekend etc.... before ordering one.

Currently approx. £38 delivered from superskoda for the MC grille.... I'll have to keep an eye out for one of their 20% weekends to knock it down to around the £30 mark....

The Mrs has just told me she likes the look of the gloss black grille and wants it doing. :)

Edited by WaveyDavey