Keeping my mk1 superb for a while instead of getting a Octavia vrs . is a remap worth it ?

Hello after much thought I have decided to keep my superb mk1 after looking at a few Octavia vrs , I just think it would be worth keeping it , while kids are still young there's just too much room in it to loose lol , plus its got more toys in it than a Octavia , well until I can afforded a 14/15 plate vrs anyway. 

Has anyone done any mods to a mk1 superb ?

First I'm thinking remap its a 1.9 pd130 awx ,2003 .

I've put alloys on and spacers .

And getting some tv headrests for the kids .

Do remaps do any damage to the engine after a while?

IMG_20170512_165150_688.jpg

IMG_20170515_135911.jpg

They're not even the right size tyres for the wheels, are they?  I never thought stretch look would make it to Superb... :blink:

• Like 1

Yea there stretched lol , I don't know why people don't do mods to their superb , I used to have a bora , and this superb feels a lot more superior . and I think its a lot better looking . 

I like bigger cars tho me , what's point in having a car what might as well be 2 seats lol .

If a could I'd have a big American car with hydraulics on it 

All saloon cars should have the interior space the superb does as standard . 

• Like 1

Here is how I look at it.

I agree with you 100%. Superb deserve to be modified, but nothing extremely! Just simple things!

Led interior lights, parking camera, parking sensors, Oem navigation, some nice wheels but nothing flashy, mine have 17 inc wheels and some upgrades but nothing to hard, because it would be ugly then. Brother of mine bought MK3 Sup, and I could say oooh boy what a car. What a 14 years can do to an interior of one car..

However I still like my Mk1 and I cant replace her, she has lot of advantages and her simplicity makes me fall in love with here every single day...I was thinking of buying new Mazda 6, but I coudnt separate from her, so I coudnt afford 2 big family cars, and I quit idea I had.

I could tell one big - for her and not sure it is cars fault that much, I would say it is problem with place better say country where I leave, cv joints are weak spot for her, bad roads took blame!!

• Like 1