Anyone know when sportline and vrs will be released?

My dealer doesn't seem to know when either the sportline or vrs models will actually be introduced. Would be useful to know as my current superb lease ends in December and I need to order something else. If the sportline and vrs are on the horizon I'll extend my existing lease, if not skoda will lose me.

I've heard October/November for the Sportline. The VRS seems to be more of an aspiration than anything definite.

I'd think the real issue might not be getting one ordered - it will be getting it on the road in front of your house after your Superb lease ends.. The delivery times seem to be going out to 7-9 months for the current specs and trims.

^^^ thanks, VWFS will extend my lease if I'm waiting for another vag group car so if there is a few months crossover that's fine. Not sure I want to wait till Nov and then find it doesn't get released though. Shame I can't get a definite date.

although my s3 was a bargain lease all the skoda pch prices on the kodiaq have gone up now which means I am considering alternatives.

• 1 month later...

Sport and Sout to be released at the end of the year (probably around November). I don't see the upsides of ordering them compared to the standard ones though. They aren't anything special. With Sport you get silver plastics interior instead of black and in Scout you get wood trims which look more like from the 1970 american cars than the modern BMW/MB wood trims. 

The VRS is another thing. It hasn't been announced (only speculated) which means it defenetly won't come until end of 2018 (if it even does, because who would want a VRS SUV).

What would Kodiaq VRS look like (accoarding to comparison between Octavia and VRS):

- ground clearance lowered (from 19cm to 17cm -> ground clerance of Octavia Scout)

- stiff suspension

- bi-turbo engine (only good thing)

- VRS badge on the front to feel.... hmm what do people driving sporty SUV feel like

- some decals on the outside

WHAT DO PEOPLE DRIVING SPORTY SUV FEEL LIKE????:

- NOT classy (classy people buy the likes of Superb, E-class, 5-series, A6)

- NOT smarty (smart people only buy SUV if their frequent route contains some road elements that require a hightened ground clearance and 4 wheel drive)

- NOT sporty (Kodiaq VRS or Octavia VRS, Cayene or 911, X5 or M5, Q7 or R7, GLS or SLS)

"But Porsche makes only sport cars and they made Cayene and Macan!"

Did they realy? Porsche engineers laughed at the thought of a sport SUV, stuck a Porsche badge on a VW Tuareg and said "zie people dumm enuff to zie order a sport SUV will nicht notice zie difference - Ferdo Porsche uber alles..".

Crazy British people, buy cars they want and not always what they need, loads of show and little go because go is not needed, 

sell them a Audi 'Ultra' or a S-Line. R-Line etc, call things Sportline, vRS and just expect them to be excited.

(call a FWD Fabia Estate or a Roomster a 'Scout' even Scout-line and that does, plastic tat added, job done.)

They drive on the left, have a NSL of 60mph and only 70mph on some roads, do not need sports suspension or low profile tyres, 

They do not have to fit winter tyres in adverse road conditions, tell then they need part time all wheel drive because once Audi had Quattro rally cars and they were really successful and 'quattro' or 4-motion is pretty good as well, 

and they voted to leave the EU and have yet to find how that will affect vehicles purchase prices in 2019, 

or how the economy will be.

If everything in the world was as reliable as a VW, Audi or Porsche it would only be spin and not based on facts and figures.

Vorsprung durch technik.

Tell them any old guff, we can fool some of the people all the time but not all the people all the time.

Edited by Awayoffski

• 1 month later...
On 6/23/2017 at 10:24, McGyles said:

The VRS is another thing. It hasn't been announced (only speculated) which means it defenetly won't come until end of 2018 (if it even does, because who would want a VRS SUV).

The same sort of people who buy Mercedes AMG SUV or BMW X5 Performance.

• Haha 1