S8 / Mirrorlink

biomulv

Got it to work. Reset MiB. 

Not paid for as far as I'm aware.

On all our superbs at work have it.

Correct, uses syngic maps.

Can use Google maps via android auto if desired. Or inbuilt.

Edited by biomulv

4 hours ago, gadgetman said:

Is Syngic maps any good? 

I don't have the Mirrorlink version, but I use Sygic SatNav on my Samsung S7. Even though it uses TomTom maps, I prefer to use it rather than my TomTom due to better layout and the user interface is easier to use. Admittedly my TomTom Via 135 is approximately 4 years old, but it has lifetime maps and I have a TMC/Charger combo, but Sygic still beats it hands down. 

I paid approximately £30-35 for la licence for Western Europe Lifetime Map & Traffic  Updates. It doesn't use that much data, but I would advise using something like a TomTom Fast USB Charger as it will drain your battery quite quickly. 

Sygic  offer a 7 day free trial (not sure if this applies to the Mirrorlink version), so you can 'try, before you buy'.  

Not sure how the licensing works as not used it for more than 5 minutes. But had to download it Via the Samsung portal rather than the playstore. It may well be included gratis with the phone.

• Like 1