self clearing errors on MAXIDOT

Hi,

Picked up a 11 plate Superb 2.0 TFSI combi last week,  been having fun with all the elegaance features :)

I'm worried about the random errors that the car reports.

1st was check oil level - it looked good, error disappeared,  next check  numberplate bulb - all good - error cleared.  Next error oil pressure - workshop - cleared,  then numberplate bulb again :S

These came up over space of 1 week, is this an issue with the MAXIDOT or some wiring?  will be asking the garage to check but wanted info in case they fob me off.

Can I see the history of MAXIDOT errors using VCDS?

Thanks

Chris

The oil level and oil pressure faults are likely related, possibly a duff sensor. If the oil level on the dipstick is OK then I'd still be tempted to get this checked out, oil starvation is never good, no matter how brief.

The rear electricals are prone to random fault reports, but more so on the saloon / hatch with its complicated twin door wiring. I've not heard of issues on the estate.

It is also worth noting that filament bulbs can blow and then fix themselves as you go over a bump. It may also be possible that the contact prongs are slightly corroded. Bulbs that are about to blow often increase/decrease in resistance which can trigger the on-dash warning. I'd be tempted to open up both number plate light housings, check the contacts (bend them back towards the bulbs a bit and clean them up) and replace both bulbs.

All faults reported should remain logged until they are cleared. A scan with VCDS will likely help you to pinpoint the source of some of the issues...

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/forum/23-diagnostics-amp-vcds/

Edited by silver1011

Could also be the sign of a low battery. When the battery went on my old twindoor I got all sorts of warnings that were spurious. 

Is it the original battery do you know?

As suggested by @silver1011, get the sensor checked as a precaution. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And its back :(

check oil level and oil sensor workshop

Maxidot was telling me the oil temp was 65C after the car was sitting outside work for 9 hours,  it then rose to 117C on drive home.  It was a warm day at 23C is sunny scotland :S

The number plate lighting is away again, still dont work after replacing bulbs

Garage has said it needs a auto electrician,  not good after 1 month ownership