Does the mk3 Octavia vrs have more legroom than the mk2?

Hello , I'm looking at a couple of Octavia vrs's , I'm looking at the mk2 2007 -2009 , and I'm also looking at the mk3 there's one which is on 2010 and one which is on 2012 plate , which I'm interested in .

Is there anymore rear legroom in the 2010 mk3 shape than the 2007 mk2 version? 

Or are they on the same chassis? 

Rear legroom is important to me has we got 3 kids .

Got a mk1 superb at the minute which I was going to keep , but 2 days after putting nice alloys on a truck went into the front !!!

yes. according to the blurb its about 20mm but there is definitely more leg room. with the drivers chair all the way back i can get a 5ft person behind me.

28 minutes ago, malibu200786 said:

Hello , I'm looking at a couple of Octavia vrs's , I'm looking at the mk2 2007 -2009 , and I'm also looking at the mk3 there's one which is on 2010 and one which is on 2012 plate , which I'm interested in .

Is there anymore rear legroom in the 2010 mk3 shape than the 2007 mk2 version? 

Or are they on the same chassis? 

Rear legroom is important to me has we got 3 kids .

Got a mk1 superb at the minute which I was going to keep , but 2 days after putting nice alloys on a truck went into the front !!!

None of those will be a mkiii, just pre and post facelift mkii. The only difference will be in appearance dimensions will be identical. 

I think the mkiii does have more legroom in the back than the mkii. 

i had an 09 mk2(FL) now have a 15 mk3 vrs. never been in a mk1 superb so not sure sorry.

with the drivers seat as far down as possible (rear as far as it will go) with the seat back its 120mm gap with the seat forward its 370mm.

59 plate seems to be when the FL came out but if the blurb was right take 20mm of the above should give you a good idea.

Edited by 220

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2017 at 19:15, malibu200786 said:

So what year did it go from just being a facelift mk2 , to the full mk3 ?

Have you thought about a Superb II? (2009-2015 , facelift late 2013-2015)

When I bought mine back in 2015 I was also looking at the Octavia III (the ones you mentioned must be mkII) I struggled with all of us in the car (my son in now 6ft 5" though!) .

I also had an issue with the driving position of the Octavia III as when I adjusted the seat for me to be comfortable  (I'm 6ft 4") The door pillar encroached on my vision and right elbow! NB I don't have the same elbow problem with my MK I Octavia

Edited by bigjohn