Bigger exhausts, how loud are they?

Hello, depending on holiday plans I might want to upgrade from stage 1 tot 2, 3 or 4. Obviously the exhaust needs a  bigger bore after stage 1 as it seems to be restrictive after stage 1. But how loud are aftermarket exhausts like Milltek or Simons?

Lately I drove along in an Audi A3, but it was too loud and to brumhhhh for my taste, it doesn't match the "GT" effect of the Octavia. I don't know the make or if it had a mid section, but I don't want the same. I would like OEM or slightly louder.

Who can help?

• 2 weeks later...

Will depend a lot on your required setup - 3inch vs 2.5 inch etc - and decat = more noise regardless, but there are many options on exhausts.

Milltek judging from various videos is not much louder than standard at anything other than screaming revs, but there is also a choice of resonated or non resonated (with the non res being louder). Also there's Jetex which sounds similar. There have been issues with build quality on Milltek recently though...

Plenty of people on here have had Blueflame (hard to find now though) which again isn't much louder than standard but a bit more beefy on tickover.

Personally I've gone for a Piper - beefy on tickover and a bit more of a 'tuned' sound, really sounds awesome on full chat. Sound videos can be found here from Rob and Bowders: 

Though note it's not as loud without the decat!

I have a Jetex cat back (resonated) coupled with a Milltek downpipe and 200 cell sports cat.

The sound on tick over is slightly louder but not much, hard to tell it's modified. It becomes more of a 'sportier' (hate to use that) sound when accelerating.

To me it's the best of both worlds.

Thanks guys! I missed the notification, but the help is much appreciated! I am not sure which way it will end as I also but a Sony 4K TV, but I guess downpipe wll be done anyway as we think the CAT is on it's way back...