Hello from West Cornwall

Hi folks!

We recently acquired a "one previous owner" 2007 Skoda Roomster Scout (Auto) as our first real family car, we have a little girl who is just starting to walk sp we figured the time was right to get a more practical family car. Prior to the Skoda, we've had a classic (and thus LHD) 2001 Renault Twingo for the past 10 years, and we'll be keeping that as a second car because we love it dearly. Compared to the Twingo, the Roomster is quite hi-tec!

Anyway, the Roomster is generally in pretty good shape. 101K with a few things to look at that fell victim to the previous heavy handed owner. Sunroof blinds, driver side electric window buttons, front passenger headrest (done), armrest lid (done) and some other more general tidying up. I'll do my best to create a guide for each thing I do, just so other people can learn from my experience as I have done from others on the internet.

I've been getting up to speed on the differences in this pre-facelift Roomster and am about to fit an RNS300 using the official Skoda adapter relay 487. After that I'll be looking at coding to enable navigation on the MaxiDOT, if required, and maybe tweak a few other things such as number of flashes on lane changing, beep on lock and so on whilst I'm there.

Anyway, in the last week weeks I've been using the forum I've found it a good place!

Cheers,

matt

Edited by gingerbeardman

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Matt,

I am curious how easy was the armrest lid work. I have a Fabia mk2 and want to swap the cloth covered one for a vinyl. I am not sure if you did something similar but will take any tips that you can give me.

Kind regards

tedious 

6 hours ago, tedious said:

Hi Matt,

I am curious how easy was the armrest lid work. I have a Fabia mk2 and want to swap the cloth covered one for a vinyl. I am not sure if you did something similar but will take any tips that you can give me.

Kind regards

tedious 

Actually, I posted my how to in a thread about the Fabia mk2 armrest, but here it is again: 

flip back armrest to vertical position, get in back seat. now slide one leg in and the lid will be angled to one side (which is why you can't do this so easy in the front seat), then you can slide the other leg in, and make sure the little knobs on both legs are correctly seated in their holes. job done.

Edited by gingerbeardman