RNS 510 DAB in Skoda fabia mkll

Has anybody put a RNS 510 DAB in a fabia monte carlo black edition ?

i want to upgrade the unit but is it just plug and play ?

my current RNS 310 Amungsden has bluetooth but is it in the stereo or seperate ?

Thanks in advance. 

Are you sure you have an Amundsen, or is it an Amundsen+. Look on the fascia of the unit and see which it is because the Amundsen+ unit will probably have the Bluetooth built in.

A Columbus (RNS510) DAB will be a straight forward fit physically, although you'll need to provide a DAB antenna for the DAB to work. Then there'll be coding to make sure it all functions correctly which can be done with VCDS.

Not sure what unit i have as it doesnt tell me on the facia. Can you tell from the back via the wiring ?

it has DAB on the head unit so why would i need a seperate ariel ?

The reason rusty said you need a dab aerial because you specified you wanted to to fit a RNS 510 Dab it was only right we would assume you didn't already have dab fitted hence the upgrade 

You will need to pull the existing radio out and check on the side for the model number 

• Like 1

The Amundsen head unit doesn't have DAB or Bluetooth. The Amundsen+ unit can have either or both. If you have DAB already then you have an Amundsen+ and most likely the Bluetooth will be built in to the unit. If you upgrade to a Columbus DAB then you'll need to install a separate Bluetooth kit.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rustynuts said:

The Amundsen head unit doesn't have DAB or Bluetooth. The Amundsen+ unit can have either or both. If you have DAB already then you have an Amundsen+ and most likely the Bluetooth will be built in to the unit. If you upgrade to a Columbus DAB then you'll need to install a separate Bluetooth kit.

Is that easy to do ?

thanks again both for the replys.