Back in the fold

grayson

After a flirtation with an Ecoboost Focus - fantastic engine ,sublime steering , but car not at all  happy on bumpy tracks and felt flimsy (even if wasn't )  - I have just bought a 2015 170 Elegance. Surprised that no DAB ; feels even better put together than my 2011 140TDI , very punchy engine but - convinced it's a bit more vocal and slightly less economical - never got other one below 42 , I can dip into high 30s here and averaging about 44.   . Emissions fix I assume ? Or fact that previous owner was doing less than 3k miles pa ?  

• Like 2

Good to have you back :)

For DAB, I do agree - they're a bit behind the times not having it as standard. There are Admundsen or Columbus units available for retrofit though, with the DAB module fitted. 

The other thing I noticed on a long night drive was that good the Xenon lights may be, but they don't seem to do that Citroen DS swivelly routine on bends any more . When did that stop ?  

They should only swivel when cornering when you have the switch in the 'AUTO' position on facelift yeti's. They stay fixed when the switch is turned to the headlight pic.

The old yeti's you could select this in the Maxi Dot menu and they would do it in both the 'AUTO & ON' position.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grayson said:

Well -I tried Auto and still no swivelling . Maybe they've given up on it ?  

As far as I know nothing has changed maybe someone with a later model than mine could confirm this.

Well I have had mine less than a month and mine does it! Great fun going round bends at night.

At less than 30mph the drivers side points over to the right so lights up both sides of the road, they still follow the road bends.

Over 30mph they close in to normal alignment to light up the distance straight ahead and they still follow the road bends.

If you are stationary they just point straight ahead.

1 hour ago, longedge said:

On mine the fog light on the side to which you're turning also illuminates which improves vision I find.

Have you noticed when you select reverse both front fogs come on if the main lights are on. So you can see around the front end especially when reverse turning. :thumbup: