Hi,

Our glove box lid had developed a "twist " that is when sitting in the front passenger seat looking at the glove box the top left corner had twisted /sagged out away from the surrounding area. Thought this was just one of those things & dealer replaced the whole glove box ( no option -- doors are not a separate item ! ) now the new one is following the first one ..............

So -- any one else had this problem ?

Seems to be a design fault -- the door is only secured by its top right corner.

I noticed this on another Superb in the dealership and on the Sportline demonstrator I took out too.  I was quick to check mine wasn't the same when it was delivered (which it isn't)  As you say, I think it's a design flaw as it's only secured from the top RH corner.  

Have you got a lot of stuff in yours?  I'd imagine weight/load pushing on the lid doesn't help things. 

No -- though i have warned the wife if she does not shut up while i am negotiating a junction/roundabout...................

Have had a further look -- theirs two retaining pins one each end  methinks the one pin is not registering with its hole...............

Edited by david 1220
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ILOVEMYSUPERB said:

mine does this too opening and closing it seems to do the trick.

I do notice that as well sometimes.  Not an issue right now but will be keeping an eye on it as had problems with the glove box on my MKII

I noticed it on ours a few weeks back. It seems the recess the pin goes into on the left is literally a drilled out hole. 

Looks very poor quality in workmanship compared to the rest of the car. 

I've found that pushed from left of centre when closing means the plastic pin goes into the recess better. 

You also need to slam it more than you needed to on the Mk2 Superb (that closed with a very satisfying clunk). 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Svend said:

I noticed it on ours a few weeks back. It seems the recess the pin goes into on the left is literally a drilled out hole. 

Looks very poor quality in workmanship compared to the rest of the car. 

I've found that pushed from left of centre when closing means the plastic pin goes into the recess better. 

You also need to slam it more than you needed to on the Mk2 Superb (that closed with a very satisfying clunk). 

I agree with you there.  Despite the overall build quality of the car generally being ahead of the MKII, there are one or two areas where it has slipped - the glovebox being one.  Other (albeit minor) areas would be the harder plastic coating on the side of footwell (where it was carpeted before) and the quality of the air vents.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Superb170 said:

I agree with you there.  Despite the overall build quality of the car generally being ahead of the MKII, there are one or two areas where it has slipped - the glovebox being one.  Other (albeit minor) areas would be the harder plastic coating on the side of footwell (where it was carpeted before) and the quality of the air vents.

Ye', don't mention the airvents. £85 to replace the rear airvents. 

If only someone wanted to swap my two month old rear light with very slight scuff for an undamaged rear airvent. 

Well its ( not ) nice to know we are not the only ones ! ours ended up " drooping" that much you could just about see into the glove box ---- with the lid shut !

8 hours ago, david 1220 said:

Well its ( not ) nice to know we are not the only ones ! ours ended up " drooping" that much you could just about see into the glove box ---- with the lid shut !

That's a worry!