Modifying Your Fabia MK III

Just now, malcster said:

https://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/car-parts/skoda/fabia/buy/lowering-springs

Just make sure it's for NJ fabia and your good to go 

That was a quick search I can dig a bit deeper if you like 

Once again I appreciate that info @Malcster. On eBay there is a tool that allows you to enter your vehicle's information so that they can tell you if a part fits or not. After choosing Skoda > Fabia > 2017, it asks whether I have the NJ3 Hatchback or Estate, so I chose Hatchback. I then proceeded to choose 1.2 TSI and 90hp; this told me the part would fit in my car. This is all very confusing to me.

Just now, Lemto said:

Once again I appreciate that info @Malcster. On eBay there is a tool that allows you to enter your vehicle's information so that they can tell you if a part fits or not. After choosing Skoda > Fabia > 2017, it asks whether I have the NJ3 Hatchback or Estate, so I chose Hatchback. I then proceeded to choose 1.2 TSI and 90hp; this told me the part would fit in my car. This is all very confusing to me.

3 minutes ago, malcster said:

https://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/car-parts/skoda/fabia/buy/lowering-springs

Just make sure it's for NJ fabia and your good to go 

That was a quick search I can dig a bit deeper if you like 

Potentially they may have sent the wrong set? But I find that highly unlikely.

7 minutes ago, Lemto said:

Nope it's the 5j model that is fabia 2 and roomster 

1 minute ago, malcster said:

Nope it's the 5j model that is fabia 2 and roomster 

I have no idea what I'm doing then, should I ask for springs that fit an NJ3 even though my V5V document says my car's type is 5J?

The two are called "5J", the F3 is actually only a facelift of the F2. The EC type-approval is the same. By the way, the Superb3 is exactly as a 3T as the Superb2. The designations NJ and 3V are internal but not official

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Damo said:

Cheapest I've seen, even with €10 postage to UK.

Still only works out £110 all in :thumbup: 

https://www.tunershop.co.uk/eibach-pro-kit-lowering-springs-30-45mm-e10-81-010-04-22-for-skoda-fabia-nj3.html

Does anyone knpw How long would it take to fit these if i were to take it to skoda? Also how much does skoda charge for labour?

My insurance company  said lowering it and puting a new back box on would increase the price by £120! 

9 minutes ago, Damo said:

Don't take it to Skoda, take it to an independent garage.

All insurance companies will charge extra for modifications, easy money

Will it not void my warranty to have another garage working on my car?

1 hour ago, Damo said:

https://www.tunershop.co.uk/eibach-pro-kit-lowering-springs-30-45mm-e10-81-010-04-22-for-skoda-fabia-nj3.html

That's a great price! I wish it was 40mm on both front and rear though. I might have to compromise!

4 hours ago, malcster said:

eBay 

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311760823172

Thanks for that @Malcster, once again though it isn't 40mm on front and rear. That's one thing I found about the Eibach lowering springs, their 40mms on front and rear aren't very easy to come by. 

1 hour ago, Lemto said:

That's a great price! I wish it was 40mm on both front and rear though. I might have to compromise!

Thanks for that @Malcster, once again though it isn't 40mm on front and rear. That's one thing I found about the Eibach lowering springs, their 40mms on front and rear aren't very easy to come by. 

@Lemto take a look at this which has the above Eibach springs fitted that are mentioned from tunershop, 40 back is just right because it's higher at the back, and 35 at front again just right as it's already lower. 

Screenshot_20170713-214255.png

3 minutes ago, James777 said:

@Lemto take a look at this which has the above Eibach springs fitted that are mentioned from tunershop, 40 back is just right because it's higher at the back, and 35 at front again just right as it's already lower. 

Screenshot_20170713-214255.png

Looks lower than I had imagined, which is good! I should purchase those springs then. Pretty sure they're the same people I bought the set that didn't fit from, which is cool!

1 hour ago, Nathanb93 said:

Will it not void my warranty to have another garage working on my car?

Even if Skoda did fit you the springs, if a problem occurred that they could say was due to the car being lowered, the warranty wouldn't cover it anyway.

Can't see why you would want to pay full dealer labour charges for fitting modifications that wouldn't be covered under warranty. 

Might as well let an independent do the fitting (in my opinion)

• Like 1

I’ve made a mod to the phone holder in my Fabia that I’m pretty happy with. :)

The holder was too small for my phone(Nexus 6)

So I used an exacto knife to carve the inside to fit my phone. It was kind of easy because it is about 2mm of rubber on each wall in the holder before you come to the abs-plastic.

aaR1q0W.jpg

After that i drilled a hole in the bottom and superglued a piece of pcb with a micro usb male connector. It originally came from an old phone dock.

I than soldered an usb cable with a male connector and then secured the wires and pcb with some hot glue.

NGTnLap.jpg

OaLrM83.jpg

Now i can just slide in my phone in the holder and it will charge and i can use Android Auto :)

JWno1XR.jpg

Z6iumS7.jpg

• Like 3

On 13/07/2017 at 23:44, Lemto said:

I've ordered this, thanks, @Damo. Really hope this fits!

On 13/07/2017 at 18:59, Damo said:

@Damo, it's been 3 days since I ordered those springs. The order is still on 'processing' and no money has been taken from my account. These guys are a piece of work, possibly some of the worst customer service I've ever experienced.

Oh, as for the springs that I ordered after being told by them they'd fit, when returning them I was hit with a £61 return charge. If they don't refund that I'll be even more disappointed.

15 hours ago, matt_black_90 said:

I’ve made a mod to the phone holder in my Fabia that I’m pretty happy with. :)

The holder was too small for my phone(Nexus 6)

So I used an exacto knife to carve the inside to fit my phone. It was kind of easy because it is about 2mm of rubber on each wall in the holder before you come to the abs-plastic.

aaR1q0W.jpg

After that i drilled a hole in the bottom and superglued a piece of pcb with a micro usb male connector. It originally came from an old phone dock.

I than soldered an usb cable with a male connector and then secured the wires and pcb with some hot glue.

NGTnLap.jpg

OaLrM83.jpg

Now i can just slide in my phone in the holder and it will charge and i can use Android Auto :)

JWno1XR.jpg

Z6iumS7.jpg

Awesome work @matt_black_90, absolutely love seeing things like this, might need to order one and do something similar! ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lemto said:

@Damo, it's been 3 days since I ordered those springs. The order is still on 'processing' and no money has been taken from my account. These guys are a piece of work, possibly some of the worst customer service I've ever experienced.

Oh, as for the springs that I ordered after being told by them they'd fit, when returning them I was hit with a £61 return charge. If they don't refund that I'll be even more disappointed.

@Damo, turns out they don't work weekends! Those springs you recommended are on their way, I really hope they fit my car otherwise it's all on you ;) Joking, but seriously though I don't think I can afford to pay another £61 to send these ones back!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Nathanb93 said:

I know this doesnt count as a true mod but i found this decal on ebay and slapped it on my sunstrip.

I like it ALOT!

20170717_150516.jpg

20170717_151049.jpg

Looks Nice! Really want to get a sunstrip, what are the laws regarding them in the UK?