Modifying Your Fabia MK III

10 hours ago, AMD87 said:

I’d expect abit more than that from a stage 2 my mate has a stage 1 apr run that took his from 90bhp to 148bhp with no mods bar the map. 

Does anything need to be uprated (ie spark plugs etc.. 99 RON?) + 58BHP is incredible just from MAP alone. What is the downside? 

Wife's monte still in warranty so not something i am gonna do soon.

55 minutes ago, Kobayashi said:

Does anything need to be uprated (ie spark plugs etc.. 99 RON?) + 58BHP is incredible just from MAP alone. What is the downside? 

Wife's monte still in warranty so not something i am gonna do soon.

Everything completely untouched bar the map and it was on vpower. 

• Like 1

I'm also impressed that both those dynos are saying more than 90 stock. 

It's worth remembering though when saying that it's an extra 58 BHP that really it's an extra 38 BHP, as the engine itself comes from the factory with 110 PS just fine, and all VAG do is change the map ;)

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, vc-10 said:

I'm also impressed that both those dynos are saying more than 90 stock. 

It's worth remembering though when saying that it's an extra 58 BHP that really it's an extra 38 BHP, as the engine itself comes from the factory with 110 PS just fine, and all VAG do is change the map ;)

So a stock 110BHP DSG could get 150ish then? so basically most stock cars 1.2 TSI engines are really de-tuned to start with to meet latest euro emissions etc...

Cars are detuned to run on any fuel in any country, eg hot countries with poor quality fuels etc. Hence why a lot of Fabia’s are making more than mfg quoted power figures on the rolling road in this country.

The 1.2TSi 90 and 110 versions are the same engine, just a different map, so will both achieve the same remapped figure

Edited by Damo
  • Like 2

Kobayashi,

They were given a Engine Management and power output to suit a market and VED classes and Insurance Bands and give the Power in many world regions and different environments, and some dodgy EU tests etc, and also to get the engines a degree of longevity and reliability.

The tests are on 95 ron, the remaps or tuning boxes and higher octane fuel can give pretty good increases in HP / Nm Torque.

Engines now discontinued, no more, dead parrots. There were Irregular / Implausible Co2 g/km and mpg results and real world and EU tests were different things.

Loads of power increasing available, you just need to beware of any weaknesses if there are any.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AwaoffSki said:

Loads of power increasing available, you just need to beware of any weaknesses if there are any.

Does'nt seem many problem threads MK3 compared to the uprating of engine parts on stock & mapped MK2 VRS so thats good!

so on MK3 ,apart from using higher fuel 99 ron Map. Does it improve / worsen MPG or use more oil etc...

• 2 months later...

Ok quick question. 

Toying with the idea of replacing my steel wheels with alloys and just realised the base model has the TPMS.

If I change the wheels will it throw up the TPMS light on the dash or will I have to get the sensors fitted to the new wheels.

Thanks in Advance.

Davy

No issues with the TPMS.

There is nothing in the wheels. The ABS / ECP sensors just know if there is a different speed of wheels due to the circumference set when you set it changing, 

ie a tyre has deflated so that wheel is going around more.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone! 

I havent posted on here in a long time. I hope you all have been keeping well and your Skoda has been treating you well. 

Posting today about sun-strips as today I have just put mine on. Not the best job in the world, but it’s decent for a first time. 

I like how it looks and all, but I was curious as to whether or not any of you guys know if they are illegal or not? There is no information on the UK GOV website. From what I’ve seen, they technically are an MOT failure, but it seems that you can get let off by a lenient examiner. 

My car isn’t due for an MOT for some time, but I’m just curious. 

B3D16E12-756C-4061-BDA8-2BEA81A9B2A9.jpeg

• Like 1

Easily removed as a roadside officer of the law could tell you to if they were of the opinion it was illegal or a danger.

Hardly that on a car that you can wear a top hat in unless you are tall.

• Thanks 1

I think that this is going to be the extent of the "mods" I add to my new Fabia.   Think this is supposed to be a very good cam.

I feel like I could just about manage to fit the hardwire kit, but I have never even touched a car fusebox, trim etc in my life.  A local garage says they will do it for £30, so I think il just get them to do it properly

29250577_2041100759475986_886047477_o.jpg

9 hours ago, tiber said:

I think that this is going to be the extent of the "mods" I add to my new Fabia.   Think this is supposed to be a very good cam.

I feel like I could just about manage to fit the hardwire kit, but I have never even touched a car fusebox, trim etc in my life.  A local garage says they will do it for £30, so I think il just get them to do it properly

29250577_2041100759475986_886047477_o.jpg

I had to hardwire my 2 cameras due to the 12v always being live, it was nowhere near as difficult as I expected. I bought trim tools, fuses, long USB cables and a 12v to 5v dual USB converter, all in all it took about 20mins to hardwire it with all the cables neatly tucked away for both cameras. I also had never touched a car fuse box or anything more than putting fuel in and basic checks but it was much easier especially following a guide I found online.

• Like 2

On 23/03/2018 at 23:07, Pullock said:

I had to hardwire my 2 cameras due to the 12v always being live, it was nowhere near as difficult as I expected. I bought trim tools, fuses, long USB cables and a 12v to 5v dual USB converter, all in all it took about 20mins to hardwire it with all the cables neatly tucked away for both cameras. I also had never touched a car fuse box or anything more than putting fuel in and basic checks but it was much easier especially following a guide I found online.

I was tempted to have a go at it myself, but I took it to the garage in the end. They did it for £25 plus VAT, left the car off about 10 and had it back by lunch.  They did a nice neat job, you can only see an inch or two of cable peaking out right above the mirror.

It turns on and starts recording the second I turn the engine on.  It switches to its own battery when I turn the car off, but im sure there is a setting I can change that will turn it off when it loses mains power.

20180328_175044.jpg

Edited by tiber
  • Like 1

Hi everyone! 

Thinking of investing in a new set of alloys as although the ones I currently have are nice, they are black and glossy so unless freshly cleaned they tend to look dirtier than they actually are. I’m a car cleaning freak, this drives me insane! They seem to get scratched easily too. 

I have a meteor grey coloured Skoda, anybody have any recommendations for colours or specific types they’ve seen? I’m open to your guys’ input! 

7 hours ago, Lemto said:

Hi everyone! 

Thinking of investing in a new set of alloys as although the ones I currently have are nice, they are black and glossy so unless freshly cleaned they tend to look dirtier than they actually are. I’m a car cleaning freak, this drives me insane! They seem to get scratched easily too. 

I have a meteor grey coloured Skoda, anybody have any recommendations for colours or specific types they’ve seen? I’m open to your guys’ input! 

I notice on the wife Mk3 they are a pig to clean as they are only 'half sprayed' from the factory, cant tell what is dirt / marks sometimes, if you find a good wheel man who will powder coat / laquer them they will coat the entire wheel. so when you put sponge in to clean its a lot easier. i can do my MK2 in 10 mins with sponge, bucket, fairy liquid,

• Like 1

The one mod I did was paint the brake calipers bright yellow to match the body color of the car. I think that did surprisingly much to the looks of the car. Other than that

- black tint on rear side windows and windows

- replace inside lights with LED

Fabia.jpg

• Like 2

Has anyone looked into changing the bog standard heater/air con control dials to the ones from a polo or A1 with the silver edge ? I’m hopeful it’s just a straight swap out. 

I believe it is. Various people on the Polo forum have changed theirs to round knobs and that apparently is easy. It looks like the exact same parts.

• Like 1