vRS245 ordered club

5 hours ago, juan27 said:

Also the sound generator thing doesn't seem as intrusive as I recall from test driving a pre FL VRS last year, especially as its presumably as loud as it gets in sport mode.

I the PDI guy to turn off both the sound generator & the stop/start so, he did.

Just like McDonald's would say

I'm loving it 

On 9/13/2017 at 18:22, themanwithnoaim said:

I the PDI guy to turn off both the sound generator & the stop/start so, he did.

Just like McDonald's would say

I'm loving it 

Stop/start on the manual only happens if you take the car out of gear.  So its hardly worth turning it off in my view. I'm more ambivalent about the sound generator, but I can do that myself on the computer. 

• Like 1

Just realised it's 9 weeks tomorrow since I placed the order with the car being at Emden last weekend.  Wonder if I could have a chance at the title for quickest lead time for a 245?!

Happy to be shot down though.....

Mines now been built and awaiting its trip over to me :) so its looking like mid October delivery.  Out of interest, does anyone know what route they'd take from factory to the UK? I know its a train from the factory, but where does it go after that? 

On ‎13‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 13:10, juan27 said:

So far I've only had mine (with DCC) in sport mode and I'm pleasantly surprised how compliant it seems to be on the poorly surfaced country roads I commute on daily. 

How does the sport mode work then- can you turn everything into sport just by pressing the vRS button, or is that separate from the DCC and DSG sport modes? 

3 hours ago, Gumby said:

How does the sport mode work then- can you turn everything into sport just by pressing the vRS button, or is that separate from the DCC and DSG sport modes? 

Mine is a manual so can't help with DSG. When I press the VRS button it just allows me to choose the mode on the screen as far as I can see.

Edited by juan27

16 hours ago, Gumby said:

vRS button is just the mode button, it'll open up the select mode screen, if its a DSG you get 5 modes, Comfort, Eco, Normal, Sport & Individual.

Put mine in Individual & then altered the settings to what I wanted, beware the DSG will restart in D normal gear settings although, you can alter this as soon as you start the car.

1 hour ago, themanwithnoaim said:

vRS button is just the mode button, it'll open up the select mode screen, if its a DSG you get 5 modes, Comfort, Eco, Normal, Sport & Individual.

Put mine in Individual & then altered the settings to what I wanted, beware the DSG will restart in D normal gear settings although, you can alter this as soon as you start the car.

What do you think of your Mk 3 FL RS 245?

Have you had a earlier Mk3 or Mk2 before your current?

Would be great to get your opinion on the general differences aswell changes in road noise in the cabin.

Ok so, I've had a 05 plate 140pd TDI Mk2, a 1.4 tsi DSG Mk3 & now a vRS245 Mk3 fl.

If you're coming from a Mk2 to a vRS245 Its a no brainer, the difference is so extreme, if it was just from a Mk3 to a Mk3 fl, you've gotta look hard to find a smoother, more finished product.

The seats are awesome, the screen is great, with the sat nav being so much better than the O3's. Love the punch of the 245's engine but, its quite refined, possible requirement of a tuning box, depends on how much edginess you like.

DCC works great for my family, comfort setting for them time refines the cars to almost limo feel, other settings can be used when feeling enthusiastical

Like the looks a lot, the wheels are huge & look even bigger although, mine will be down graded to 18's as I have them & the 65% increase in the cost of 18 to 19" tyres ain't gonna work for me. The 19's really do crash loud & hard when you hit a pot hole, I mean bad enough to make you stop, get out & look at tyre.

The seats are something else, comfortable, electric, heated & Alcantra means you don't slide around but, electric adjusted 4 way lumbar support actually means you get out feeling good after 3 or 4 hours behind the wheel

I like the 245 a lot, I'm not naive enough to believe I'm gonna get much more than 25mpg avg but, I'm kool with that.

I think its gonna be very hard to replace this one at the end of the PCP but, I won't be buying it at the end of the term as I'm gonna "DRIVE IT LIKE I JUST STOLE IT" for the entire 3-1/2 year term

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's build week 38 and finally, after waiting since June 30, my car is being built.

Still very little info from my dealer, but have been in contact with Skoda support online and they are very helpful.

Great to see the pics and discussion on how it drives.  Let's hope it's delivered quickly!

R.

@themanwithnoaim

Quick question for you if you dont mind?

I've just ordered my VRS245 but had a new 67 VRS TDI 4x4 plate there on loan for the weekend, great car but glad my 245 will come with the Alcantara seats as the standard ones seem to be made from a very cheap feeling material.       Can you confirm if the doorcards are also lined with Alcantara or is it the faux leather the same as the rest of the MK3 VRS's?

Cheers! 

2 hours ago, Muzza80 said:

@themanwithnoaim

Quick question for you if you dont mind?

I've just ordered my VRS245 but had a new 67 VRS TDI 4x4 plate there on loan for the weekend, great car but glad my 245 will come with the Alcantara seats as the standard ones seem to be made from a very cheap feeling material.       Can you confirm if the doorcards are also lined with Alcantara or is it the faux leather the same as the rest of the MK3 VRS's?

Cheers! 

Door cards are just plastic with some piano black insert that have the multi-coloured background lighting in them.

But, a picture paints a thousand words so......

20170918_122111.jpg& congratulations on your win, you're gonna love the car.

Edited by themanwithnoaim
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, vrsage said:

Apologies if I have replied in the wrong thread, is there anything that would make you buy the 245 over the FL 230 (169 TSI)? 

Short answer is the E-diff, 300mm ventilated rear discs & 7th gear in the DSG, these aren't available as optional extras on the standard 

The base 245 is cheaper than adding the optional extras to a standard vRS. Kinda depends if you want them but, optional extras don't add to GFV only base price & depreciation drives that or again in short, the 245 was only £17 p.m. (£714 over the PCP term) more than the base model.

Bottom line is "you pays your money & you takes your choice"

Edited by themanwithnoaim

53 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Short answer is the E-diff, 300mm ventilated rear discs & 7th gear in the DSG, these aren't available as optional extras on the standard 

The base 245 is cheaper than adding the optional extras to a standard vRS. Kinda depends if you want them but, optional extras don't add to GFV only base price & depreciation drives that or again in short, the 245 was only £17 p.m. (£714 over the PCP term) more than the base model.

Bottom line is "you pays your money & you takes your choice"

Thats basically what swung me towards a Pre FL 230 over the 220.  The extra bits fitted at no cost was a no brainer and cheaper than buying the 220 and adding extras.

I also liked the Idea of the e-diff.

On 9/17/2017 at 09:01, Snowman89 said:

What do you think of your Mk 3 FL RS 245?

Have you had a earlier Mk3 or Mk2 before your current?

Would be great to get your opinion on the general differences aswell changes in road noise in the cabin.

I’ve just gone from a 2010 O2 FL VRS TSi Estate that I’ve owned since new to a VRS 245 Estate.

The O2 FL VRS really did crash into potholes on the standard 18” wheels so I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the ride quality in the 245. I have got DCC, but even in “Sport” I’m impressed.  The cabin ambience is streets ahead of the old car, but saying that the old one still scrubbed up pretty well after seven years and 80K, hopefully the 245 will be as hard wearing. On a similar note the old car had full leather and I would probably have gone for that on the 245 but not available.

With regard to noise I think the 245 is basically pretty refined but difficult to tell as it does of course come with a standard NVH generator, which you can turn off with VCDS. I haven’t yet - it’s pretty unobtrusive in “Normal” mode. The old car was commendably rattle free and fairly quiet until the end, just a softly whining a/c compressor audible in traffic letting it down.  I can't say I've noticed road noise much in either car, but I suppose that means not much change?

The new car is of course streets ahead infotainment wise (Bluetooth wasn’t even an option on the 2010 manual VRS) and has a little bit better rear legroom. Against that my left leg seems to rub against the central console when driving which was never an issue in the old one. May still be some adjustment in driving position required.

Practicality (it is an estate) is a mixed bag. The 245 has an extra couple of bag hooks over the two in the O2 but the boot cubbies behind the rear wheels are open rather than closed which limits their usability (Various bungees, torch, warning triangle etc are currently looking for a new home!). Skinny spare wheel in then 245 is not as useful as the normal width 16” spare in the old car.  

Petrol consumption in the 245 is disappointing so far (may improve as the engine loosens up) I’m looking at mid-twenties rather than low thirties at the moment. Also bear in mind it’s a newer lighter car.  

The 245 grips and handles well and I’ve no complaints about the standard Pirellis (other than replacement cost vis a vis 18s). Haven't really noticed it being massively faster in normal driving, but you probably wouldn't.

So in summary quietly impressed that the car is an incremental step forward over my old one (in many ways a hard act to follow). As I’m hoping to keep the 245 for 5+ years I have slight worries over trim being hard wearing enough and also hoping the 245 will follow the fairly bullet proof reliability of my old car. Time will tell.

Edited by juan27

10 hours ago, Matsumura said:

It's build week 38 and finally, after waiting since June 30, my car is being built.

Still very little info from my dealer, but have been in contact with Skoda support online and they are very helpful.

Great to see the pics and discussion on how it drives.  Let's hope it's delivered quickly!

R.

I ordered mine around the end of June and was given build week 38 as well. All of a sudden last Friday I received an email to say it had now been built!  

Dealer just sent me a quick 30 second video of my 245 which has arrived!! Not even 10 weeks since order date. Cracking turnaround thus far just can't wait to get my hands on it now!! 

Daft question here probably but if you order the DSG, does it automatically come with the flappy paddles or that's an optional extra? I went through the configurator and it wasn't listed as an extra so assume it is standard but the Superb I test-drove with DSG didn't have them.

As I don't have a build week yet, I'm not sure if that means that I can still make changes to the spec or not (I guess only way to find out is to ask the dealership unless anyone else knows).

Never had an automatic before but half reconsidering it as an option to make for an easy life in traffic jams etc.

1 hour ago, michaelg17 said:

Daft question here probably but if you order the DSG, does it automatically come with the flappy paddles or that's an optional extra? I went through the configurator and it wasn't listed as an extra so assume it is standard but the Superb I test-drove with DSG didn't have them.

As I don't have a build week yet, I'm not sure if that means that I can still make changes to the spec or not (I guess only way to find out is to ask the dealership unless anyone else knows).

Never had an automatic before but half reconsidering it as an option to make for an easy life in traffic jams etc.

Paddles come as standard with DSG, which is awesome in traffic

• Like 1

1 minute ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Paddles come as standard with DSG, which is awesome in traffic

Thanks for confirming - I will check and see if it's possible and what it does to the monthly payments if so...