vRS245 ordered club

Hi folks,

Just joined the forum as I've ordered a 245 DSG hatch on the current cracking lease deal.

Gone for standard Corrida red, DSG, no options.

Looking forward to giving my current manual 1.4 Audi A4 back and getting back in something more interesting after having an M135i previously. Hopefully the 245 will keep me interested and double up as a perfect family wagon.

Due for build week 1, delivery sometime later in Jan/Feb.

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 08:56, Matsumura said:

This is getting old now. Week 15 and still counting......

Ordered on the 30 June, built in BW38 and now waiting for my crappy dealer to tell me what's going on.

What have your dealers been like at keeping you informed? Mine is shocking!

Still hopeful of a delivery soon....

mine has been good tbh, but from what they were saying petrol Octavias are taking a long time to get built currently. 

7 hours ago, JuanGandini said:

Hi folks,

Just joined the forum as I've ordered a 245 DSG hatch on the current cracking lease deal.

Gone for standard Corrida red, DSG, no options.

Looking forward to giving my current manual 1.4 Audi A4 back and getting back in something more interesting after having an M135i previously. Hopefully the 245 will keep me interested and double up as a perfect family wagon.

Due for build week 1, delivery sometime later in Jan/Feb.

Same here, red DSG hatch ordered on Monday to replace my A4 1.4 Sport which has been a nice car but can't wait to get back to a DSG box in a car with a bit of power. Requested mine for 1st March but will be handing back the A4 a couple of months early. 

Thinking of adding DCC now though after reading up on it. 

That's exactly what I did StreetHawk. Like you say after reading up on the 245. I've had a vrs dsg diesel for the last 2 years and the suspension on that was quite firm enough for day to day running. So I added the DCC package just in case.

I couldn't go 2 years with suspension any firmer than the diesel version

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Have you picked it up yet?

Yes indeedy!!  Have to say that I'm delighted with it :inlove:.  Took a few psi out of the tyres (down to 35psi) and the ride's firm but fine.  It was ****ing down when I got it so I didn't get a chance to mess around with the sunroof and the car's minging now :sadsmile:.  Looking forward to getting everything set up just so as I go along :thumbup:.

If the dealers and customer services were as good as the cars, they would be world beaters!!

Look out for pics appearing in the FL topic :).

How many in total you've ordered so far? Can't really follow-up. 

Envy a little. Still can't be ordered here, it would have been devastating if I have actually decided to wait changing cars... 

Joining the queue (and the club), having ordered 245 in (sharp intake of breath) meteor grey. No build week yet, but hoping for end of January - otherwise, I'm going to be wondering if I should delay registration for another few weeks to get it on an '18 plate. Can't imagine I'd be able to wait, mind you. 

8 minutes ago, StreetHawk said:

Congrats! Pics when you get chance please :-)

Cheers, will do. Driving from Newcastle to Berwick.. via Carlisle, Glasgow and Edinburgh first though :-)

Just clicked over 2k miles now

P Zero tyres feel good & grippy

Seat comfort remains the stand out feature of the standard car setup

I wish I'd stop curbing the bloody wheels

This car can drink faster & harder than George Best when provoked 2,000 mile long term mpg 23.4 !!!!

Edited by themanwithnoaim
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Just clicked over 2k miles now

P Zero tyres feel good & grippy

Seat comfort remains the stand out feature of the standard car setup

I wish I'd stop curbing the bloody wheels

This car can drink faster & harder than George Best when provoked 2,000 mile long term mpg 23.4 !!!!

Loving the low mpg! Top work that man!

If the kerbs keep attacking your wheels, it might be worth investing in a wheel refurb policy? 

2 minutes ago, dunc69 said:

Loving the low mpg! Top work that man!

If the kerbs keep attacking your wheels, it might be worth investing in a wheel refurb policy? 

My average mpg is 24.

Refurb policy? or just park better.:biggrin:

Edited by AndrewE

53 minutes ago, dunc69 said:

Pointless, the diamond cut can only be done twice or possible three times, I'll just muller them & have them refinished just before the PCP ends

Out of interest, and if anybody is willing to disclose, what sort of PCP deals did you get?

I'm just curious, because I've gone for PCH as it was very likely I would have been giving the car back anyway or swapping for another i.e. not paying the balloon figure to own the car.

1 hour ago, Swirly182 said:

Out of interest, and if anybody is willing to disclose, what sort of PCP deals did you get?

I'm just curious, because I've gone for PCH as it was very likely I would have been giving the car back anyway or swapping for another i.e. not paying the balloon figure to own the car.

I looked at both PCP and PCH deals, and couldn't find anything better than Simpsons' PCH offer (which my local dealer matched).