vRS245 ordered club

1 hour ago, Steve vRS said:

First post on here in years!

Just ordered today for April delivery.

A red, manual estate with DCC, spare wheel and paormaic sunroof.

3+35, 23k miles per year, £360 per month.

This will be my fourth Octavia vRS!

Did you request April, or was that their delivery estimate? 

Edit: ah, didn't see your post above... 

Edited by Richard_vrs245

Yesterday put an order in for Corrida Red DSG no extra's on the lease deal they have at the moment.
Only thing I considered was DCC which I may regret and the uprated speakers however have only read bad things about them!

1 hour ago, ClarkyStu said:

I didn't think white was an option?
Meteor Grey, red black and silver?

Moon White is an option; ordered mine a few weeks ago with anticipated delivery of March 2018.

Moon White 245 DSG Hatch

Heated screen and washers

DCC

Canton speakers

Columbus Sat Nav

Space saver

Kessy 

Rear camera and wireless phone charging.

Edited by NifNaf

14 minutes ago, richardwheat200 said:

Evening all, 

I'm looking to place PCH order for a vRS 245 estate in red at 10k per year with the the only option being DCC.

Who has the best deal at the moment? 

Thanks

Paul Hewitt at Horton Skoda is your man. 

• Like 1

The beast has arrived.

Picked it up on Tuesday and I am loving it. All great except for a misunderstanding about the capability of the Columbus Nav system.

I got the upgraded Columbus system because I wanted the built in Sim slot so I could have a static wifi connection in the car (mainly so my daughter could use the data and save hers ;-) ) and also so the google earth and Skoda connect worked without me having to disconnect from Carplay and set my phone to wifi hotspot.

However I got the Columbus Nav but no sim slot. Talking to my useless dealer (who also thought initially I would have the sim slot) he is now telling me that I don't have it because I didn't also select the premium wifi option.

He also said this could not be retro fitted Grr.

Any thoughts?

R.

personally, I'd say it could be retrofitted, but the cost and palaver means it is not worthwhile, as you have the new unit to buy, installing and linking it to the car computer as well as other things that can only be done on the dealer computer.   Instead of spending all that money on it, why not just buy a cheap usb powered wifi hotspot with data from one of the mobile phone companies (or even the hotspot from amazon and just get a data sim.

It may not be as neat as the build option, but it's £00's cheaper.

4 hours ago, Matsumura said:

The beast has arrived.

Picked it up on Tuesday and I am loving it. All great except for a misunderstanding about the capability of the Columbus Nav system.

I got the upgraded Columbus system because I wanted the built in Sim slot so I could have a static wifi connection in the car (mainly so my daughter could use the data and save hers ;-) ) and also so the google earth and Skoda connect worked without me having to disconnect from Carplay and set my phone to wifi hotspot.

However I got the Columbus Nav but no sim slot. Talking to my useless dealer (who also thought initially I would have the sim slot) he is now telling me that I don't have it because I didn't also select the premium wifi option.

He also said this could not be retro fitted Grr.

Any thoughts?

R.

Probably just go with a plug-in WiFi option, plugged into the power socket in the boot?  £10 a month for 2GB: https://store.three.co.uk/view/content/mbasket?ID=1299

32 minutes ago, richardwheat200 said:

Those that have taken delivery...What's it like off the line?

Is it easy to get away?  6.6/7 to 62 sounds slower than the power would suggest? Is this on the conservative side? 

Front wheel drive is the issue. 

245bhp with 4WD & you'd be looking at low 6s. 

16 minutes ago, richardwheat200 said:

Those that have taken delivery...What's it like off the line?

Is it easy to get away?  6.6/7 to 62 sounds slower than the power would suggest? 

It doesn't feel really dead fast due to being very refined perhasp too refined but, it builds quickly & seems to pass a lot of other road users, as stock.

Mine is no longer stock & its a lot less refined with WOT, as some whom have driven it before & after modifications have said, thats how it should have come from the factory.

@mk4gtiturbo wanna give your opinion? 

As for times, I wouldn't know, I'm not interested in such things, in the real world in gear acceleration is far more important & then its quick.

Mine is the DSG so I can't tell you about the manual

18 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

It doesn't feel really dead fast due to being very refined perhasp too refined but, it builds quickly & seems to pass a lot of other road users, as stock.

Mine is no longer stock & its a lot less refined with WOT, as some whom have driven it before & after modifications have said, thats how it should have come from the factory.

@mk4gtiturbo wanna give your opinion? 

As for times, I wouldn't know, I'm not interested in such things, in the real world in gear acceleration is far more important & then its quick.

Mine is the DSG so I can't tell you about the manual

How is yours modified?

im going all out on Revo when I get my new VRS

On 19/10/2017 at 11:00, juan27 said:

Have we had a white one ordered yet? Would be nice to have the full set.

Hopefully will be an estate manual 1st thing in the morning... off to John Mullholland to see them at 10 :) 

Edited by Gobsheene