vRS245 ordered club

26 minutes ago, juan27 said:

Isn't that site only for the dealers mentioned?

Track my ŠKODA, brought to you by Vision ŠKODA Fleet (Business Sales), Rainworth ŠKODA (Nottinghamshire) & Bickerton ŠKODA (South Yorkshire) part of the Vision Automotive (UK) Group 

TRACK MY ŠKODA IS AVAILABLE ONLY TO OUR CUSTOMERS

Ahhh that would explain why it has no updates for my number then! Is there a universal online tracking for Skoda orders anywhere then? I had read about people tracking their order online and I guess that came up on a google hit for me.

Just now, michaelg17 said:

Ahhh that would explain why it has no updates for my number then! Is there a universal online tracking for Skoda orders anywhere then? I had read about people tracking their order online and I guess that came up on a google hit for me.

Google Skoda customer services and click on live chat. They will update you

31 minutes ago, juan27 said:

Isn't that site only for the dealers mentioned?

Track my ŠKODA, brought to you by Vision ŠKODA Fleet (Business Sales), Rainworth ŠKODA (Nottinghamshire) & Bickerton ŠKODA (South Yorkshire) part of the Vision Automotive (UK) Group 

TRACK MY ŠKODA IS AVAILABLE ONLY TO OUR CUSTOMERS

I put in my customer number and it said it had no information at this time, but I assume it recognised my order ref, I didnt order from those dealers though

16 minutes ago, matt9407 said:

Google Skoda customer services and click on live chat. They will update you

Thanks, just spoke to them and they said I have an unconfirmed BW of 17, 2018! Which seems quite a long way away given I ordered it on 21July!

So not sure if my dealer has different information or if it moved out somehow...

Thanks, just spoke to them and they said I have an unconfirmed BW of 17, 2018! Which seems quite a long way away given I ordered it on 21July!

So not sure if my dealer has different information or if it moved out somehow...

Mine was the same mate....Build week 20 2018. It will come forward, its just a random date for now. Odd though that it still hasn't moved since july!

Just now, matt9407 said:

Mine was the same mate....Build week 20 2018. It will come forward, its just a random date for now. Odd though that it still hasn't moved since july!

Weird thing is, he told me I couldn't change the spec (I wanted to make it DSG instead of manual about 2 months ago) as it was now locked down and it would have to be a new order. If there is only an unconfirmed BW per Skoda, doesn't seem very locked down to me...

Weird thing is, he told me I couldn't change the spec (I wanted to make it DSG instead of manual about 2 months ago) as it was now locked down and it would have to be a new order. If there is only an unconfirmed BW per Skoda, doesn't seem very locked down to me...

I must admit, if you ordered in july, I would be expecting the car very soon! I would speak to your dealership to see whats going on

Just now, matt9407 said:

I must admit, if you ordered in july, I would be expecting the car very soon! I would speak to your dealership to see whats going on

Yeah last time I asked he said "no updates since last time. When anything changes you'll be the first to know". I am assuming it will come later this month. Fingers crossed!

4 minutes ago, michaelg17 said:

I'm getting the same thing from him, tried to add the towbar option in a couple of weeks ago and was told couldn't, would put me to the back of the queue.

Starting to wonder if that's just bull and it's more a case that he cant be arsed with the hassle of changing it, as the end of the day until a build week is assigned what difference does it make?

9 minutes ago, michaelg17 said:

I just spoke to them too, said an unconfirmed build week 8, which is cool as I requested march delivery :-)

1 minute ago, Muzza80 said:

I'm getting the same thing from him, tried to add the towbar option in a couple of weeks ago and was told couldn't, would put me to the back of the queue.

Starting to wonder if that's just bull and it's more a case that he cant be arsed with the hassle of changing it, as the end of the day until a build week is assigned what difference does it make?

Yeah I know, it's hard to know what's true as if I challenged it I doubt the manager would go "nah, actually he's lying. I'll change it for you". A towbar is hardly a massive change either! 

5 hours ago, michaelg17 said:

I was told November for my car but still nothing showing up on trackymyskoda.co.uk (although it does say there's a 6 wk delay in getting data onto the site). Getting impatient!

I'd say come & drive mine at the Meon Hut (Jay is) but, its a wee bit of a long journey for you micheal

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

I'd say come & drive mine at the Meon Hut (Jay is) but, its a wee bit of a long journey for you micheal

If my google is correct that it's in Winchester, then yes that would be a bit far but appreciate the offer! I used to visit a friend there and in Southampton quite a bit when I worked in Stevenage for a year and it was a long enough drive already thanks to the hellish perma-roadworks on the M25 at the time but it's certainly a fair old trek from Glasgow now!

Will see what mine and Murray's dealer says in the meantime. It's a shame you're not closer as would have liked to compare the car with and without the DTUK box on!

4 minutes ago, michaelg17 said:

If my google is correct that it's in Winchester, then yes that would be a bit far but appreciate the offer! I used to visit a friend there and in Southampton quite a bit when I worked in Stevenage for a year and it was a long enough drive already thanks to the hellish perma-roadworks on the M25 at the time but it's certainly a fair old trek from Glasgow now!

Will see what mine and Murray's dealer says in the meantime. It's a shame you're not closer as would have liked to compare the car with and without the DTUK box on!

With (blue lines) & without (red lines) & those numbers are "at the wheels) but, the numbers don't tell the whole story, the 245 is just a bit too refined as stock but, the box unlocks a beast

20171028_143544.jpg

Edited by themanwithnoaim
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, themanwithnoaim said:

With & without but, the numbers don't tell the whole story, the 245 is just a bit too refined as stock but, the box unlocks a beast

20171028_143544.jpg

Nice! Will need to see how I get on with the stock version once it finally arrive and also sort out an insurer that's happy with mods. I know our current Fabia insurer won't allow anything increasing power at all (they were okay with the pedal box - no charge) but not sure about insurer for our current Octavia (who also didn't charge for the pedal box once they finally worked out what it was). Will probably be as cheap to just get a brand new quote as change the car (Octavia swap) as the policy is nearly due for renewal anyway so will do a thorough search nearer the time.

3 minutes ago, michaelg17 said:

Nice! Will need to see how I get on with the stock version once it finally arrive and also sort out an insurer that's happy with mods. I know our current Fabia insurer won't allow anything increasing power at all (they were okay with the pedal box - no charge) but not sure about insurer for our current Octavia (who also didn't charge for the pedal box once they finally worked out what it was). Will probably be as cheap to just get a brand new quote as change the car (Octavia swap) as the policy is nearly due for renewal anyway so will do a thorough search nearer the time.

Quotemehappy.com worked out cheap for me but, over 50. Young Jay had a better quote somewhere else for those in their 20's !!!!!!

Edited by themanwithnoaim

My insurer has charged me £13 to change from my 120d (Im going to sorn the bmw for a bit) and im 23...however They arent great with mods.

Im with Diamond - the womens insurer. I think its because my partner is a named driver so I qualify for insurance with them. Or they know something that I dont!

I also get free handbag cover ;)

4 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Quotemehappy.com worked out cheap for me but, over 50. Young Jay had a better quote somewhere else for those in their 20's !!!!!!

It was QuoteMeHappy.com who said the DTUK box would be a decline as it increases power. So sounds like they're not being very consistent. We're with Diamond for our Octavia i think, again my wife is the lead driver in that policy so we can earn no claims separately and I "donated" mine to hers apparently so had to start earning from scratch. I'm 35 so my policy is fairly reasonable just now. Certainly compared to when I was 18 anyway!