vRS245 ordered club

4 hours ago, ClarkyStu said:

Looks like we placed ours around the same time, exactly the same model aswel.

I was advised end of Feb however would move forward (I took over someone else's order apparently)

I spoke to the dealership last week, my order has been delayed a further 3 weeks and they told be build week 11.

Not a happy chap at all right now. :(

It'll be on an 18 plate so no worries

19 hours ago, roo said:

Velvet red has only just become available in the UK so you wont find any for a while yet.

Also as a £725 option, it will be a rare sight. 

If someone wants to stump up the cash* on my behalf, I'll volunteer to order one

The MkIII vRS was originally available in the darker (rio?) red - I've seen one near where I work and it looked good, but never saw any others.

* for the whole car, I mean. Not just the additional paint cost

On 03/11/2017 at 14:53, michaelg17 said:

Weird thing is, he told me I couldn't change the spec (I wanted to make it DSG instead of manual about 2 months ago) as it was now locked down and it would have to be a new order. If there is only an unconfirmed BW per Skoda, doesn't seem very locked down to me...

Any joy today with the salesman?   I've been thinking about this over the weekend and really cannot see why a configuration change should be any issue until a build date is properly assigned.      

18 minutes ago, Muzza80 said:

Any joy today with the salesman?   I've been thinking about this over the weekend and really cannot see why a configuration change should be any issue until a build date is properly assigned.      

Just got a reply this afternoon: "I’ll call Customer Service tomorrow and find out for you.  It may delay the car even further but I will ask the question and get back to you tomorrow."

So will keep you posted on what I hear back! 

Hi,

I'm new here and I'm considering leasing New Octavia 245 VRS. I had a new Golf R for 5 months and I know that I can't expect the same in Skoda but... is there anything that I should consider as a extra ?

From experience with Golf I know that DSG and DCC are no brainers. You have to order those. I read few reviews and apparently upgrading sound system in Skoda is a waste of money. Thank you for your help / advice.

Edited by bartek004

7 hours ago, GazTwo said:

Can anyone who's took delivery of their 245 confirm if you have the carpet/sound deadening on the underside of the bonnet please?

No 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Aston100 said:

Did anyone buy a 245 in Meteor Grey?

I'd love to see some photos.

I know theres a couple of photos of a pre facelift with a black spoiler, but I just want to see an actual 245 in that colour.

96764032-6683-4DA5-A16F-C86F0E621741.png

E7025F9C-F68B-4A87-8A86-82139C5874AA.jpeg

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

It'll be on an 18 plate so no worries

They offered that when it was being delivered in feb, said they would hold it till the 1st if wanted.

Mines a lease, 18 plate or 67 literally makes 0 difference to me :(

17 hours ago, GazTwo said:

Can anyone who's took delivery of their 245 confirm if you have the carpet/sound deadening on the underside of the bonnet please?

Underside of bonnet pad only fitted to diesels IIRC.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ClarkyStu said:

Could you get some pictures of the under bonnet please? This suprises me... cheeky bay pic wouldn't hurt either :P

Can't do it for a day or so maybe someone else will oblige? To be honest the engine itself looks very similar to the TSi I had in my 2010 VRS, and it had no underbonnet insulation either. Once you turn the sound generator off the engine is very refined and quite at cruise.

Edited by juan27

14 hours ago, Aston100 said:

Did anyone buy a 245 in Meteor Grey?

I'd love to see some photos.

I know theres a couple of photos of a pre facelift with a black spoiler, but I just want to see an actual 245 in that colour.

1 hour ago, ClarkyStu said:

Could you get some pictures of the under bonnet please? This suprises me... cheeky bay pic wouldn't hurt either :P

Collected ours last Tuesday....

IMG_8890.JPG

IMG_8896.JPG

IMG_8898.JPG

IMG_8902.JPG

IMG_8912.JPG

IMG_8943.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Janno1 said:

When did you place your order GazTwo? 

Ordered on 21st July, it was pretty much bang on delivered for when we required it for to be fair.

Edited by GazTwo

20 hours ago, Muzza80 said:

So I heard back today that it can be changed to a DSG but it may push delivery out a bit. How far, they don't know yet so I said just to go for it as I'm not in a massive hurry for it and I'd rather not have it sooner and it be exactly what I wanted than vice-versa. 

18 hours ago, Mcburns88 said:

Ordering tomorrow :biggrin:

VRS 245 Estate in Laser White

- Heated Seats

- Alarm

- Heated Windscreen

Trading up from a Fabia Monte Carlo!

745fFcS.jpg&key=820a24eed25acda0ceb7f40e

Ordered today, ended up going with.

- 245 Estate in Moon White

- Heated Front Seats

- Alarm

- Heated Windscreen

- Sunset Glass

- Canton

Should have a build week in the next week, the dealer reckons I'll have it mid to end of January. Wait times are typically shorter in Ireland :)

1 hour ago, Mcburns88 said:

- Heated Front Seats

- Alarm

- Heated Windscreen

- Sunset Glass

- Canton

Should have a build week in the next week, the dealer reckons I'll have it mid to end of January. Wait times are typically shorter in Ireland :)

Doesn’t the 245 come with an alarm and sunset glass as standard!

Cant wait to see your car :)

1 hour ago, Mcburns88 said:

- Heated Front Seats

- Alarm

- Heated Windscreen

- Sunset Glass

- Canton

Good luck! I ordered at the beginning of October and am yet to get a build week, despite hassling Skoda UK a fair bit. Hope you have more luck.