vRS245 ordered club

24 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Not seen over 30mpg yet, not what I call Ragged

30mpg isn't much of an expectation. Easily achievable in my 2010 VRS TSi over the exactly same journeys travelling at similar speeds.   If I was that fussed I'd have bought a different model.

8 hours ago, ClarkyStu said:

GUYS emergency I need advice.

Preston have just called me about a demonstrator they have.

3k miles

£3k down

£370 a month

2 services included

THEN the sales manager called and offered

£331.86

4 years

£3000

2 services

tank of gas

what the hell do I do? - Iv put an order in for a lease to come in march but that is £180 a month 2.4.k down in advance.

IV ONLY GOT 15 MINUITES TO CALL HIM BACK HELP!

Thats utter madness. PM me regards where I got mine from. I paid a LOT less than that!!

Evening all,

New to the forum.  Like many of you I have a 245 on order, in red with DSG, Kessy and park assist (For the other half)   I ordered it on the 25th Oct and was given a BW48 with collection anticipated for early Jan (Hopefully) 

Im coming from a Focus ST Estate which I really enjoy but time to let her go...

1 hour ago, DBoycey said:

Evening all,

New to the forum.  Like many of you I have a 245 on order, in red with DSG, Kessy and park assist (For the other half)   I ordered it on the 25th Oct and was given a BW48 with collection anticipated for early Jan (Hopefully) 

Im coming from a Focus ST Estate which I really enjoy but time to let her go...

I really don't understand this at all, mine was ordered on the 11th September and the unconfirmed build date is bloody week 20 of next year!!    I'm going to have to have a word with my dealer tomorrow, genuinely feel like I'm being bumped to the back of the queue over and over again.   Is that a confirmed build week?          

12 minutes ago, Muzza80 said:

I really don't understand this at all, mine was ordered on the 11th September and the unconfirmed build date is bloody week 20 of next year!!    I'm going to have to have a word with my dealer tomorrow, genuinely feel like I'm being bumped to the back of the queue over and over again.   Is that a confirmed build week?          

That's eight months or something?

Can't be right surely?

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Muzza80 said:

The exact wording from the dealer is

“ The car is currently scheduled for week 48 production.  If all goes to plan we would anticipate the car being available for collection early January 2018"

I hope that's right and I'm not being sold a dummy. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ClarkyStu said:

Do cars on order get delivered before any lease cars?

I know the deals recently were insane which is mainly why I ordered mine.

Not sure what you mean? If you lease a car you are still classed as a customer and will get the same priority as anyone else if thats what you mean

32 minutes ago, ClarkyStu said:

Do cars on order get delivered before any lease cars?

I know the deals recently were insane which is mainly why I ordered mine.

Lease cars still place an order with a dealer, so because of the volume they put in, you are getting their earlier build slots. 

hi guys,

Ordered a 245 standard everything. was being cheap. got it on lease for 2 years for £130.81. Originally i wanted the 1.4 SE Tech to replace my ageing insignia.

Purchased a MK3 Black Octy VRS tdi for dad last year. he loves the car. i find any excuse to use his car. 

been using his car with the new job and all so on the 27th Oct, i got a confirmation my car was ordered. just got to wait until feb.

i couldn't justify the cost for extras on a car i wouldn't own after 2 years. i asked for black paint, spare, DCC and then removed them all 1 by 1. i just went for functionality and fun over anything.

hope i can live with the FL lights.  and hope i don't have any regrets.

regarding tyre sizes, i was printed of autodata tyre pressures for the mk3 when i got them replaced yesterday. the tyres were 225/35 r19 but the autodata didn't have that and only had 235/35 r19 on the list.

found it very strange.

9 hours ago, Muzza80 said:

Did you ask about the towbar in the end? Honestly think they make up the BW's as they go along as it seems totally random.

14 minutes ago, michaelg17 said:

Did you ask about the towbar in the end? Honestly think they make up the BW's as they go along as it seems totally random.

Nah never bothered in the end mate.

Have you had a confirmed build week yet?   Remind me when you ordered, July was it not?     

1 minute ago, Muzza80 said:

Nah never bothered in the end mate.

Have you had a confirmed build week yet?   Remind me when you ordered, July was it not?     

Sure it's easy enough to do separately later on. DSG, not so much!

Yeah, I ordered on 21 July and apparently I'm at BW 4, 2018. Not sure if that's provisional or confirmed though. He said they'll check for updates twice a week and let me know if it moves up.

Agree that it takes forever though - hope it will be worth it in the end!

2 hours ago, matt9407 said:

Not sure what you mean? If you lease a car you are still classed as a customer and will get the same priority as anyone else if thats what you mean

what I meant about lease build weeks was, if a lease gets put in and given BW 5 then a week later someone places a cash or PCP request in, would they get the priority over the hire lease?

Less money to the dealer ect?

1 minute ago, ClarkyStu said:

what I meant about lease build weeks was, if a lease gets put in and given BW 5 then a week later someone places a cash or PCP request in, would they get the priority over the hire lease?

No dont think so - its the factory that allocate build weeks not the dealer, so regardless of whether its a lease, a PCP or cash, its an order and joins the back of the queue

Edited by matt9407

1 minute ago, Ursicles said:

Is there an order tracker thing online like Audi have where you can follow your car?

Did it last time with my A4 lease - was akin to a new car advent calendar :)

No, but if you google Skoda Customer Services and click on Live Chat when it pops up, they can advise you on build weeks etc

5 hours ago, ClarkyStu said:

I think this is how it works...A lease company may make an order for 20 cars into a dealer, the dealer then sends it to the manufacturer who issues build weeks. So it's up to the lease company to make sure those cars are sold so they are not left with unsold stock. A customer who orders through the lease company gets one of the lease company build slots. If you walk into a dealer and buy a car/pcp/pch it doesn't matter what method, your order goes to the back of the queue because dealers generally don't put big orders in and they might only have a couple of a particular model on order at anytime.

So for the case of popular models like the 245 hatchback, I don't know why there were great deals knocking about but I was one who took advantage.

The deals were likely put up, get get a big lump of orders to finish the production run, its rumoured the 245 order book has been shut.

Oh & for all you guys awaiting a 245 I can confirm, they are worth the wait, you may want to tinker a little with them to get a bit more outta them but, well worth the wait none the less

Edited by themanwithnoaim
  • Like 1