vRS245 ordered club

8 hours ago, Ursicles said:

How much does the tuning box change the urgency of the car?

Also how much are they!  Not even got the car yet, but an extra 45bhp (circa 20% increase??) sounds well worth it.

Come to 1 off the Meon Hut meets & you can see for yourself, turning the tuningbox on & off is a 30 second job. But, if you can't make it, take it from me, the transformation can only be described as BRUTAL

3 minutes ago, Mcburns88 said:

It makes no sense from a business perspective, presumably this is one of the highest margin cars the company makes? Why would you turn down orders?!

As they can't fulfill them. Better to cancel the order rather than tag a customer along on an order that will never be built.

4 minutes ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

As they can't fulfill them. Better to cancel the order rather than tag a customer along on an order that will never be built.

Hmmm still appear to be taking orders in Ireland. In fact, the 230 isn't even on Irish pricelists anymore. 

Ireland has separate quotas apparently and given the low interest in petrol versions of the VRS over here I wouldn't expect that quota has been exceeded. 

In fact when I was ordering the dealer told me it was only the second one he had sold and this was one of the bigger dealers in the country.

Edited by Mcburns88

7 minutes ago, Mcburns88 said:

Ireland has separate quotas apparently and given the low interest in petrol versions of the VRS over here I wouldn't expect that quota has been exceeded. 

In fact when I was ordering the dealer told me it was only the second one he had sold and this was one of the bigger dealers in the country.

As you say, totally different market/allocation and quota.

At least you may get an order if you place one.

• Like 1

Worryingly, having ordered in the first week of Oct, and had my order accepted by the factory, live chat rep this evening quizzed me on exactly when and where I ordered (they don't usually) then suggested I call my dealer tomorrow to speak to them about my order. Would not expressly confirm my order had not been cancelled when asked. If my fears are confirmed in the morning, my local dealer manager is going to have an unpleasant start to his day. 

Edited by Richard_vrs245
  • Haha 1

I ordered mine on the 1st of November, if what I read is to be true and my order is cancelled I’ll go for a Cupra 300 st or maybe a golf R estate. It’s a shame really I really wanted this 245 vrs it’s discreet and different but I can only hope that my order has been placed 

* I ordered through a dealer if that makes any difference 

Edited by Cm11

16 minutes ago, bartek004 said:

If you decide to go for golf r estate you won't regret it. It is a fantastic car. Much much better than vrs 245. Just dont forget to pick dsg and dcc.

I originally wanted a golf R estate I looked at it and really liked it but out of curiosity I looked at the vrs 245 and loved it even more. For me it’s 90% getting somewhere fuss free and 10% fun I felt the golf would be more tiresome as I’d want to drive it as fast as I can all the time. 

Ive got a 230hp Mini Cooper s for fun! It weighs just over a ton and it’s a barrel of laughs. I’m after a cruiser that’s fun when I feel like it and the 245 was that motor 

I ordered through Simpson’s Škoda Newcastle  on the 1st of November. I’m in no rush and I don’t commute (works vehicle). I’ve got the mini to get me around but it’s a bit of a push for a family car. Me my wife,child (14) and a border collie in a Mini isn’t great in the long run haha. I was offered a great price for my vw tiguan so I had to take it I can wait a few months but if those few months of waiting turn into a cancellation then I won’t be a happy bloke.

Edited by Cm11

If that's the case I will be extremely narked, ordered mine on 4th October from Electric garage kings Heath Birmingham . Delivery date of 18th March

Moonshine white Dsg and Dccc. Thought that was a long wait, been sitting here for a month and a half in ignorant bliss, but if it doesn't materialise at all I shall not be a happy man!!

I just think it's a poor show. If the dealers are aware of this and I take it they are by now?

All they need to do is pick the phone up give you a call tell you yes or no , to put your mind at rest instead  of you the customer having to chase them. Surely they haven't got that many 245 customers on their individual books.

Went up to dealers this morning they couldn't tell me as the guy who deals with leases has all the information on his lap top and doesn't work weekends .  

Well if that's the case the factory needs a rocket up it's arse. Surely if they want to sell cars its in their best interest to keep dealers informed of potential problems. ( think i got out of bed the wrong side this morning. ) 

Had an awesome call this morning, been told my car is built and sat in the docks across the water awaiting shipping, could have my car as soon as the end of this month. :biggrin: 

Not bad saying as when I ordered at the end of September they said end of January or February for delivery.