vRS245 ordered club

Just now, Jos8282 said:

Had an awesome call this morning, been told my car is built and sat in the docks across the water awaiting shipping, could have my car as soon as the end of this month. :biggrin: 

Not bad saying as when I ordered at the end of September they said end of January or February for delivery. 

Gives hope that some of us are getting a 245! Will be jealous and am sure you will enjoy!!

I'm in two minds as to whether I should phone the dealer and quiz them, or just be in denial and keep my fingers crossed!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jos8282 said:

Had an awesome call this morning, been told my car is built and sat in the docks across the water awaiting shipping, could have my car as soon as the end of this month. :biggrin: 

Great News!! :thumbup:

• Like 1

On 17/11/2017 at 18:25, un1eash said:

I ordered my 245 08/10/2017 and have been told its been accepted by the factory. Need to check with the dealer to get a build number. 

I have my build number but still bo build week yet, was said to check back next week. I did ask for a march delivery. 

Has anyone who has a 245 noticed that the exhaust seems to get ALOT louder after a few hundred miles? Been driving mine around today and when i first got it i thought it was really quiet but since i have hit 500 miles it sounds so much raspier and the DSG changes seem to be more audible

IMG_20171119_142049_226.jpg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, matt9407 said:

Has anyone who has a 245 noticed that the exhaust seems to get ALOT louder after a few hundred miles? Been driving mine around today and when i first got it i thought it was really quiet but since i have hit 500 miles it sounds so much raspier and the DSG changes seem to be more audible

I've done 400 and noticed it louder but thought I was imagining it. Still haven't heard the dsg noise when changing gear. Off tomorrow so might go out for a play. Also I'm am very biased (having the same car) but I really like the front on the 245 (and the rear)

20171119_134917.jpg

Edited by stepdavi
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tim1631 said:

I hated the noise of the DSG gear change. That’s why I’ve changed to a manual. Was ok to start with but got on my nerves after a while 

I'm yet to hear it. Haven't really give it too much stick yet. Not to bothered either way but probably will like the novelty if it does 

23 hours ago, Jos8282 said:

Not bad saying as when I ordered at the end of September they said end of January or February for delivery. 

Ordered end of September!?       Wow, you're lucky then, I ordered the 11th September and my "unconfirmed" build week is currently week 20 of 2018!   :/

What spec did you order do you mind me asking?    Cheers! 

55 minutes ago, Muzza80 said:

Ordered end of September!?       Wow, you're lucky then, I ordered the 11th September and my "unconfirmed" build week is currently week 20 of 2018!   :/

What spec did you order do you mind me asking?    Cheers! 

That sucks mate, my spec is as follows

Estate

Meteor Grey

Manual

DCC

Canton

Panoramic roof

Kessy

Auto boot

Cornering front fogs

Rear camera

Winter Pack

I think it's the DSG's that are slow on the build front. What spec is yours? 

15 minutes ago, Jos8282 said:

That sucks mate, my spec is as follows

Estate

Meteor Grey

Manual

DCC

Canton

Panoramic roof

Kessy

Auto boot

Cornering front fogs

Rear camera

Winter Pack

I think it's the DSG's that are slow on the build front. What spec is yours? 

Could be I guess :/

Car ordered 11th September, VRS245 DSG Hatchback

Options:

• Moon white metallic
  • Grey interior stitching
  • Panoramic Electric Sunroof

• Dynamic chassis control (DCC)

• Adaptive cruise control

• Kessy

• Canton sound system

• Rear view parking camera

• Heated windscreen

• Temporary space saver spare wheel

• Umbrella (for electric seats / CANTON) 

• Heated washer nozzles in front

• Crew Protection Assistant

• Rear side airbags

6 hours ago, matt9407 said:

Can't comment on the exhaust note, all I can comment on is that front end is gorgeous. Great photo. 

I wasn't sure on the split headlights at first but this photo has convinced me I have made the right choice. Super excited about collecting mine in a few weeks. 

Edited by Jos8282
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Jos8282 said:

Can't comment on the exhaust note, all I can comment on is that front end is gorgeous. Great photo. 

I wasn't sure on the split headlights at first but this photo has convinced me I have made the right choice. Super excited about collecting mine in a few weeks. 

Yes I actually like the front end a lot. Some people hate it but I think it looks so mean and aggressive especially with the LED headlights

I contacted Skoda via the chat support thing this morning and the advisor said my order is awaiting a production week and that they are not cancelling orders for my particular car (245 estate).  Very weird :S

Edited by buaan

Im speaking to Skoda live chat AGAIN.

Not happy with this, or getting a 230. Mine was only a lease deal, I don't think they can give me a 230 for the same price with a ton of extras to make up for the differences between the models.
Not happy at all.

Ive sent my broker an email asking if i made the cut off, or am in the dumped line as well.

I can live with the 230, but it needs to be for less £ than the 245 to make me not feel a chump for 2yrs, otherwise ill be looking to see what the VW deals are when they finally do come out and might well go for the Golf R estate if the mooted deals appear.

Not a fan of the shape, but £ must rule heart sometimes!

I emailed my dealer this morning and they have said they are aware of the stories doing the rounds but my car (ordered 10th Oct for May delivery) has no known issues and neither do any of their other 245 orders

I sat in the cupra before i ordered the skoda, and the cupra just felt a bit cheap!

Problem is i got one of the super cheap A4 deals a while back, so £ for £ quality wise, there isnt a lot out there to touch it.  Compromise for the 245 was similar price, build quality not as good, but much faster car.

Just now, Ursicles said:

I sat in the cupra before i ordered the skoda, and the cupra just felt a bit cheap!

Problem is i got one of the super cheap A4 deals a while back, so £ for £ quality wise, there isnt a lot out there to touch it.  Compromise for the 245 was similar price, build quality not as good, but much faster car.

Good point.

To be fair, the 245's build quality seems fantastic to me. Couple that with good performance and the fact that you rarely see any, I think they are great car.

As already mention in the thread maybe some lease companies had their preferred dealer prebook some build slots, however, some lease companies did not have enough slots booked (or none booked at all) but were still taking 245 leases on but by the time the orders were placed there were no build slots left?

Maybe this rumour is just the fact that no more 245's will be build in this year (2017), all remaining 245 builds will start in 2018? ie, ceasing production of 245's for this production year...?