vRS245 ordered club

I managed to get my local Skoda dealer to pretty much match my NVS quote. I ended up with £2640 down then £137 a month for two years at 10kpa. The pence per mile charge is also lower with Skoda than NVS, so any over and I'll claw some more back too. Still waiting to drive one :)

1 minute ago, ScottyNS said:

I managed to get my local Skoda dealer to pretty much match my NVS quote. I ended up with £2640 down then £137 a month for two years at 10kpa. The pence per mile charge is also lower with Skoda than NVS, so any over and I'll claw some more back too. Still waiting to drive one :)

Yeah another Skoda dealer managed to match it for me but it was a factory order. I think I got a decent deal considering I took delivery of the car a week later

Edited by matt9407

They did have one in the showroom in a different colour. If I'd known the possibility of cancelled orders and known that was a possibility, then I would have been asking that too. Ah well. No doubt you're enjoying yours! :)

Just now, ScottyNS said:

They did have one in the showroom in a different colour. If I'd known the possibility of cancelled orders and known that was a possibility, then I would have been asking that too. Ah well. No doubt you're enjoying yours! :)

I emailed about 10 different dealers just basically asking can they get me one. One dealer told me they had 2 on hold for me but were fully specced and mega money. Then I found this one and negotiated for a while. I got about £1500 off the cost of the lease overall.

Yeah I love it, I have never had a new car so its a big jump in refinement for me. Running costs arent bad either. I was blasting about town on the weekend and still averaged 28mpg which is ok.

I drive it in individual mode (everything in sport apart from the engine sound) and then standard mode on the DSG box (Or paddles if I want to make a bit of a noise)

Right. Went to my dealer today ( no not weed ) and he said yes at present they have shut the order books on the 245.

I ordered mine on 4/10/17. He assures me that I have definitely got it but it's been pushed from March to May. He seems to think they will weed out all of the stock cars then see what firm orders they're left with.

So my delivery time will probably come back a few months.

Then hopefully they will reopen the books on 245's sometime in the future. But probably not at the favourable rates that gave  out this time.

( unless you know different? )

9 minutes ago, 1BODGER said:

Right. Went to my dealer today ( no not weed ) and he said yes at present they have shut the order books on the 245.

I ordered mine on 4/10/17. He assures me that I have definitely got it but it's been pushed from March to May. He seems to think they will weed out all of the stock cars then see what firm orders they're left with.

So my delivery time will probably come back a few months.

Then hopefully they will reopen the books on 245's sometime in the future. But probably not at the favourable rates that gave  out this time.

( unless you know different? )

mines been pushed to build week 16 but yeah... who knows. sounds about right to me

Latest update on mine is confirmed build week 6, ordered it on 28th September.

As with many other they have said it may well come forward with cancelled orders and other factors etc.

12 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

245...... its great

Dunno wether that makes the wait better or worst but, hang in there, it is worth it

Its frustrating!!

Haha, I know of a few that are in show rooms now but they are all spec'd to the *******s which means the hire lease price goes through the roof :(

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ursicles said:

I could well do with this car by the end of March, otherwise might have to ask Audi if i can keep my current lease another month or 2!

same boat as me, wanted it for end of feb, now im a month gap

6 hours ago, Ursicles said:

I could well do with this car by the end of March, otherwise might have to ask Audi if i can keep my current lease another month or 2!

Still, when you do get there, at least you’ll be let out at junctions! ;-)

19 hours ago, OliR said:

Latest update on mine is confirmed build week 6, ordered it on 28th September.

As with many other they have said it may well come forward with cancelled orders and other factors etc.

At least it's confirmed....      what car is it, hatch/estate?  DSG/manual?  

Cheers! 

30 minutes ago, Muzza80 said:

At least it's confirmed....      what car is it, hatch/estate?  DSG/manual?  

Cheers! 

Hatch with DSG in meteor grey

no options other then a spare wheel.

Just now, OliR said:

Hatch with DSG in meteor grey

no options other then a spare wheel.

It's pie in the sky then, I ordered my DSG hatch (albeit loads of options) on the 11th September and it's currently unconfirmed week 12....    :/

7 minutes ago, Muzza80 said:

It's pie in the sky then, I ordered my DSG hatch (albeit loads of options) on the 11th September and it's currently unconfirmed week 12....    :/

the allocation  of build weeks seems very hit & miss. Guess they slot cars with similar options into production at the same time to save the line chopping & changing between different spec cars??

23 minutes ago, OliR said:

the allocation  of build weeks seems very hit & miss. Guess they slot cars with similar options into production at the same time to save the line chopping & changing between different spec cars??

Unfortunately it's nothing to do with the line as they will put whatever the order is onto a car. It's more to do with the availability of parts. Like the dsg gearbox, Skoda don't make it they buy it in and sometimes the suppliers run low so have to prioritise who gets them out of the VAG clan. 9 times out of 10 Skoda loose out in these situations being further down the pecking order than others. It's all politics and bullsh1t.

Edited by Famous_Afro_Jay
Spelling

45 minutes ago, Ursicles said:

Ive ordered a margherita - ie plain as it comes

Red & Manual with no options.

Wanted to keep the cost as low as possible, as rather spend the extra on a toy

same as me then, minus dsg that's all I wanted