vRS245 ordered club

47 minutes ago, ClarkyStu said:

same as me then, minus dsg that's all I wanted

Same here, everything I wanted comes as standard here plus the options are mainly driver aids.

1 hour ago, OliR said:

Same here, everything I wanted comes as standard here plus the options are mainly driver aids.

pretty much. DCC was the only one that almost swayed me, but it was £20 extra a month,
if it was a PCP I would have gotten the sunroof and canton aswel but apparently the standard speakers are Ok ish

Well...I had a chance to test drive vrs245 with standard speakers and that was one of the worst sound systems I have ever heard. I think only Impreza STI had worst. But there was a lovely engine sound to compensate. After watching few reviews I'm confident that upgraded sound system in not worth extra 500 pounds. But we all have different standards so it might be ok for others.

11 hours ago, bartek004 said:

But there was a lovely engine sound to compensate.

Really? Would that be the artificial engine noise? Pretty far from lovely. 

2 hours ago, juan27 said:

Mine sounds great. And i know its not the artifical noise as i got my dad to do a fly by lol. Yes i am that sad!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, juan27 said:

There are not many cars which sound better than Subaru and it is a combination of boxer engine and exhaust.

Edited by bartek004

3 hours ago, bartek004 said:

There are not many cars which sound better than Subaru and it is a combination of boxer engine and exhaust.

And what on earth does that have to do with anything on here....    really?   :p

32 minutes ago, Muzza80 said:

And what on earth does that have to do with anything on here....    really?   :p

Agreed ^
(However I also have to disagree, the v12 Merc engine they stuck in the Zonda F is incredible.)

21 hours ago, bartek004 said:

Well...I had a chance to test drive vrs245 with standard speakers and that was one of the worst sound systems I have ever heard. 

An exaggeration surely?  Its massively better than the Grundig in my old 1999 Felicia and a clear improvement on the radio in a more recent Citroen C3 Picasso I regularly drive. Seriously though folks, I'm no ICE buff but I hadn't really noticed it being deficient.

1 minute ago, juan27 said:

An exaggeration surely?  Its massively better than the Grundig in my old 1999 Felicia and a clear improvement on the radio in a more recent Citroen C3 Picasso I regularly drive. Seriously though folks, I'm no ICE buff but I hadn't really noticed it being deficient.

Agreed. I think they are decent speakers. Im not an audio expert but they dont offend my ears.

1 minute ago, juan27 said:

I haven't heard one in the flesh, just from reviews I made the decision that it would be fine enough for me to use without upgrading the system.

22 minutes ago, ClarkyStu said:

I haven't heard one in the flesh, just from reviews I made the decision that it would be fine enough for me to use without upgrading the system.

Well as somebody said everyone has their own standards, I'm happy listening to MP3s over bluetooth through the TV sound bar at home (well it does have a subwoofer) but have paid extra for (factory) sound upgrades on other cars in the past.

Edited by juan27

I’ve been put off by upgraded sound systems my old alfa had bose and over the standard system the improvements were minimal and my mini has the Harmon Kardon system and that’s not great either but sure technology has moved leaps and bounds since 2004 haha 

Talked to my dealer, Skoda have told him as it stands build week will be in April for delivery May :sadsmile:

There is the possibility of it being pulled in to a February build week but won't know for another 3-4 weeks.

Ah well, hopefully be worth the wait!

37 minutes ago, Mcburns88 said:

Talked to my dealer, Skoda have told him as it stands build week will be in April for delivery May :sadsmile:

There is the possibility of it being pulled in to a February build week but won't know for another 3-4 weeks.

Ah well, hopefully be worth the wait!

What spec did you go for?

I have received an email from the dealer today advising that my car is built and on it's way, should be here in 3-4 weeks.

Ordered was placed on the 3rd week of October, hopefully will be an early xmas present to me.

VRS 245 Estate

Moon White

DSG

DCC

and a few other options

• Like 3

1 minute ago, chewie76 said:

I have received an email from the dealer today advising that my car is built and on it's way, should be here in 3-4 weeks.

Ordered was placed on the 3rd week of October, hopefully will be an early xmas present to me.

VRS 245 Estate

Moon White

DSG

DCC

and a few other options

Top skills that man! (Assuming chewie is a man! ;-)  )

3 minutes ago, chewie76 said:

VRS 245 Estate

Moon White

DSG

DCC

and a few other options

Lucky f*****!! Ordered about two weeks after you and have to wait an extra 5 months.

Well that's amazing chewie.. Ordered mine the 1st week of October Same colour same spec although a hatchback.

But dates been put back to May. There doesn't seem to be any logical  pattern to when you ordered your car to when it arrives. Lost for words .