vRS245 ordered club

1 hour ago, Gobsheene said:

£500 compo @Richard_vrs245, that's not bad at all.

I'd take one of the rather fetching looking Skoda Mountain bikes that was perched atop an Octavia Scout for my compo! haha.

Given you ordered at the start of October, I ordered at the end, I'll give it another couple weeks and chance my arm! :) 

Do it! From what they told me it's a fairly standard offer, so you won't need to push hard for it. And the loan car was sorted with the dealer - got me over the disappointment of waiting to offload my old banger! :)

Apologies if its been asked before but I have my car ordered etc (Long wait blah blah blah) I have my price that I will be paying when my car eventually turns up.  If I wanted to increase the mileage for my lease, could I do that now?  Obviously the price will go up but would the dealer do that?  I assume they'd have to go back to VW finance etc?

10 minutes ago, martysparty99 said:

Apologies if its been asked before but I have my car ordered etc (Long wait blah blah blah) I have my price that I will be paying when my car eventually turns up.  If I wanted to increase the mileage for my lease, could I do that now?  Obviously the price will go up but would the dealer do that?  I assume they'd have to go back to VW finance etc?

They will have to re do the whole lease and the price could be very different depending on how long ago you ordered even with the same mileage.

12 minutes ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

They will have to re do the whole lease and the price could be very different depending on how long ago you ordered even with the same mileage.

What he said. Do you know how many miles you're expecting to go over? might be cheaper to just pay the excess mileage if its not much. they only tend to care about the miles if you give the car back and walk away, as opposed to buying the car or pxing for another Skoda. I wouldn't risk it. 

Im not sure yet just theoretical, I may be changing jobs for working further away.  If what I possibly plan comes off I may be added about 6K to my mileage, I assume that will be a big hike in cost.

As you say I may just take the hit when my lease expires

I looked at various mileage when I signed and it was cheaper to pay excess mileage at end of contract than increase the monthly pmt based on a guessed mileage. surprised me but would suggest you stay as is based on my findings

2 hours ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

Pay the excess mileage at the end, if you have one these loss-leader PCH'S they done a while back just leave the order alone.

Any chance they get to alter one of those won't be to your advantage, its only 6 pence per mile plus VAT.

1 hour ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Pay the excess mileage at the end, if you have one these loss-leader PCH'S they done a while back just leave the order alone.

Any chance they get to alter one of those won't be to your advantage, its only 6 pence per mile plus VAT.

Mines quoted at 8.9p from the Skoda Dealer!

So I’m in a Skoda dealer today waiting for them to service my wife’s yeti, there is a red 230 in the showroom which I’ve had a good poke about in. Not one of the not very busy sales people has even spoken to me. Now I know I’m not going to buy one as I have a 245 on order but they don’t know that. Surely they would want to speak /make coffee for a potential customer. Nothing like Preston’s who thrust a coffee in your hand as soon as you step across the threshold!  I want a job as a new car salesman! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RussTi said:

So I’m in a Skoda dealer today waiting for them to service my wife’s yeti, there is a red 230 in the showroom which I’ve had a good poke about in. Not one of the not very busy sales people has even spoken to me. Now I know I’m not going to buy one as I have a 245 on order but they don’t know that. Surely they would want to speak /make coffee for a potential customer. Nothing like Preston’s who thrust a coffee in your hand as soon as you step across the threshold!  I want a job as a new car salesman! 

Its Friday afternoon!! If you can afford a 30k car cant you buy your own coffee?? 

2 minutes ago, RussTi said:

Mine was the same. Took then 15 minutes to ask me if I needed help. I was actually there to look at a 245 too, but wanted to see how long it would take.

Its the whole stereotyping thing - they see a young male in a body warmer and jeans and think I cant afford one of there cars etc etc....

They eventually let me look at one, but watched me very closely, and didn't even try and sell it to me

Just now, matt9407 said:

Mine was the same. Took then 15 minutes to ask me if I needed help. I was actually there to look at a 245 too, but wanted to see how long it would take.

Its the whole stereotyping thing - they see a young male in a body warmer and jeans and think I cant afford one of there cars etc etc....

They eventually let me look at one, but watched me very closely, and didn't even try and sell it to me

If you want the ultimate insult then visit a Ducati showroom!! 

1 minute ago, coll83 said:

If you want the ultimate insult then visit a Ducati showroom!! 

Bet its pretty bad there!

It is pretty downgrading though

Edited by matt9407

1 minute ago, matt9407 said:

Bet its pretty bad there!

It is pretty downgrading though

It is when you go on your current bike Gsxr 750. No one even spoke to me. Go back in the motor diff story... Absoloute u know whats!!! So narrow minded. 

I remember buying the Citigo and the whole process was easy, probably because I fit the profile of someone who would typically own a Citigo. On one of the visits to sort my £500 fuel voucher issue I happened to be using my 'weekend' car which is a Mercedes-Benz CLK55 AMG. I parked it right outside the big glass showroom and strolled in to find 6 members of staff staring through the glass at me. It was the first time I was ever offered coffee/a seat/any other form of attention. I go there with the Octy now which they obviously have noticed I didn't buy from them. I'm surprised they haven't sent me a 'Good News' letter yet to try and get me back to buy another car, or maybe they haven't wasted the paper as they know I wouldn't buy from them again! Now all the talk is about my 2 year old and 'family cars', always a chat about the AMG, and encouragement that my next car should be a Kodiaq, for the busy family life every mother has. 13 months ago they were pointing me over to the cheap section, now I'm eschewed over to the pricey end and have a ludicrously hot (and large!) coffee thrust in front of me and encouraged to take my time browsing. Sales people innit :D

2 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

I remember buying the Citigo and the whole process was easy, probably because I fit the profile of someone who would typically own a Citigo. On one of the visits to sort my £500 fuel voucher issue I happened to be using my 'weekend' car which is a Mercedes-Benz CLK55 AMG. I parked it right outside the big glass showroom and strolled in to find 6 members of staff staring through the glass at me. It was the first time I was ever offered coffee/a seat/any other form of attention. I go there with the Octy now which they obviously have noticed I didn't buy from them. I'm surprised they haven't sent me a 'Good News' letter yet to try and get me back to buy another car, or maybe they haven't wasted the paper as they know I wouldn't buy from them again! Now all the talk is about my 2 year old and 'family cars', always a chat about the AMG, and encouragement that my next car should be a Kodiaq, for the busy family life every mother has. 13 months ago they were pointing me over to the cheap section, now I'm eschewed over to the pricey end and have a ludicrously hot (and large!) coffee thrust in front of me and encouraged to take my time browsing. Sales people innit :D

Its amazing how they change depending on the car etc you arrive in.

When we picked up my partners Mini Clubman, I enquired about a JCW and the sales guy actually asked if I could afford one....I was so ready to put him in my place but my partner kept me quiet!

• Like 1

Mate of mine is a chauffeur and one of his clients is this rich kid whose 25 and made a fortune in IT.  Knows nothing about cars, but likes lambo's.

They go to a showroom, the rich kid dressed like a tramp (which apparently is his usual look), and he asks the salesman how much the car is.  Salesman laughed him off, so he went to another salesman, gave him a debit card and said 'i want that one' ... first salesman lost out on a £300k sale :)

• Haha 1

Pick up my moonstone white 245 hatchback Dsg Dcc  next tuesday... ( ordered on 4th October ) weatherman said possible chance of snow...Oh well you can't have everything.

4 hours ago, matt9407 said:

Its amazing how they change depending on the car etc you arrive in.

When we picked up my partners Mini Clubman, I enquired about a JCW and the sales guy actually asked if I could afford one....I was so ready to put him in my place but my partner kept me quiet!

I've found Mini and BMW Salesman to be the worst. 

I was actually a Skoda Salesman for 4 years.