vRS245 ordered club

After having a new car every year for 5 years (admittedly mostly Vauxhalls but same applies to most maques) as soon as you drive a new car from showroom you loose a chunk of money between 20 and 25% reported in motoring press. It is the reason I decided to lease. Don't think I'll buy again in near future!.

12 minutes ago, un1eash said:

No ones paying RRP either for these so they haven't lost as much as you'd think. 

Ordered mine the 23rd May 2017 & still got £5-1/4 grand off so I agree, depreciation isn't as bad as it would seem.

The old adage seems suitable

"If it's got tits or tyres its gonna cost you"

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Ordered mine the 23rd May 2017 & still got £5-1/4 grand off so I agree, depreciation isn't as bad as it would seem.

The old adage seems suitable

"If it's got tits or tyres its gonna cost you"

That’s some discount for what was a newly launched car... was that through a skoda dealer or online?

42 minutes ago, Reddazforever said:

That’s some discount for what was a newly launched car... was that through a skoda dealer or online?

Carwow originally got me the discount on a vRS which I had to cancel so, when reordered the 245 the same conditions/discounts were kept by the dealership as a part of the deal. Meant going back to the end of waiting list but, turned out for the best in the long run.

• Like 1

I manged to pay £21200 for a 2 month old 1000 miles ex demo DSG  with a couple of toys.  I think it was the cheapest on AutoTrader at the time.

Plus they gave me 15k for my 2 and bit  year old 220 VRS manual with 16k.  They sold that for £16,500.

The person I was dealing with left so I called the dealership today. I didn't get an out of office from them nor a reply so I called them today. 

Looks like my delivery date has been pushed back to mid/end of May. Not the end of the world but I was originally told March when I ordered! BW is 14 plus the time for it to take to arrive at the dealer etc.

I believe my spec has now been locked down too, I was half tempted to change from a hatchback to estate but pleased that decision has been taken out of my hands. 

Edited by Mada

Placed my order today for a nice all round VRS upgrade - Went for the Moon White with grey stitching Manual Hatch. Columbus, Canton, DCC, LTE rSAP wireless charging phonebox, cruise control, tow bar, +2 year warranty plus all the forced options, DAB, Front Heated Seats. Apart from the RS245 standard differences nice to learn that the Rear Camera and Kessy (non-alarm) are standard as well. It's going to be a long 4 month wait until June - but worth it !!!

15 minutes ago, Steveh3 said:

Placed my order today for a nice all round VRS upgrade - Went for the Moon White with grey stitching Manual Hatch. Columbus, Canton, DCC, LTE rSAP wireless charging phonebox, cruise control, tow bar, +2 year warranty plus all the forced options, DAB, Front Heated Seats. Apart from the RS245 standard differences nice to learn that the Rear Camera and Kessy (non-alarm) are standard as well. It's going to be a long 4 month wait until June - but worth it !!!

You mean a vrs 230?  Or have 245s been opened up

again?

2 minutes ago, Reddazforever said:

You mean a vrs 230?  Or have 245s been opened up

again?

I'm in France so guess it's different in each country. No blockage this side of the channel... makes a change :)

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Muzza80 said:

Finally!  Collected my car, what a car!

To recap, I went for:

• 7-Speed DSG gearbox
  • Moon white metallic
  • Grey interior stitching
  • Panoramic Electric Sunroof

• Dynamic chassis control (DCC)

• Keyless entry and start (KESSY)

• Adaptive cruise control

• Canton sound system

• Rear view parking camera

• Heated windscreen

• Temporary space saver spare wheel

• Umbrella (for electric seats / CANTON) 

• Heated washer nozzles in front

• Crew protection assistant

• Rear side airbags

• 5yr warranty extension

2.jpg

Getting the same... Looks epic !!

Edited by Steveh3

Hi guys,

When a car enters its confirmed build week what kind of info can you get back from Skoda-Chat?  For example an they see when it's off the line, on a transport to port, on to the ship etc?

Cheers!

17 minutes ago, buaan said:

Hi guys,

When a car enters its confirmed build week what kind of info can you get back from Skoda-Chat?  For example an they see when it's off the line, on a transport to port, on to the ship etc?

Cheers!

You need to give them your SLI number (Order number) the dealer network has exactly the same system so will give the same info.

Cheers, I have been getting updates via the Skoda chat so far as it is easy and saves bothering the dealer all the time.  I was more interested in the frequency of updates during the build week and period of transport/delivery etc, just so I know what I can expect in regards to updates as I get closer to collection.

19 minutes ago, buaan said:

Cheers, I have been getting updates via the Skoda chat so far as it is easy and saves bothering the dealer all the time.  I was more interested in the frequency of updates during the build week and period of transport/delivery etc, just so I know what I can expect in regards to updates as I get closer to collection.

From experience not much, get your confirmed build week, add 4-6 for transportation. 

Full list new standard features and revised options compared with my '14.

Pretty good package.

RS2018
Front Assistant: automatic emergency braking including pedestrian protection
Reversing camera
KESSY: access authorization system, start and stop of the hand-free engine
12V socket in the trunk
TOP Design SBBR LED taillights
LED fog lights
Full LED headlights including high-pressure headlight washers and dynamic corner illumination control
LED interior lighting 10 colors
Infotainment Online 1 year
Smartlink + (Mirrorlink ™, Carplay © and Android Auto®) including Smartgate function

RS245
Electrochromatic external mirrors with memory and electric folding
The most powerful version of OCTAVIA RS develops 245ch
Sport exhaust (sports sound)
Black glossy exhaust outlet
Limited slip differential (VAQ)
19 '' Extrem black glossy wheels
Decorative black lacquered inserts
Thresholds of front doors with VRS logo in color
Leather upholstery / Alcantara® with gray stitching and VRS logo (White / Color)
Power front sports seats, memory driver's seat

Options List
230 V socket + 2 USB ports on the back (located on the back of the front center armrest)
Metallic paints (Moon White)
3-spoke heated leather sport steering wheel, multifunction Radio / Telephone, incorporating the speed limiter
Heated front seats
Digital radio DAB: digital audio broadcasting
Sound System 10 Speakers Canton ©
Columbus color GPS navigation system with Western Europe map, 9.2 "touchscreen, internal hard disk, SD card reader and Gesture Control - (including information on traffic status in France) + computer Large screen edge Maxi-Dot color
Bluetooth® Premium rSAP LTE mobile phone system with voice recognition and induction charging phonebox device for Columbus Navigation System
Coupling hook + 13-pin adapter
Piloted suspensions

52 minutes ago, Steveh3 said:

Full list new standard features and revised options compared with my '14.

Pretty good package.

RS2018
Front Assistant: automatic emergency braking including pedestrian protection
Reversing camera
KESSY: access authorization system, start and stop of the hand-free engine
12V socket in the trunk
TOP Design SBBR LED taillights
LED fog lights
Full LED headlights including high-pressure headlight washers and dynamic corner illumination control
LED interior lighting 10 colors
Infotainment Online 1 year
Smartlink + (Mirrorlink ™, Carplay © and Android Auto®) including Smartgate function

RS245
Electrochromatic external mirrors with memory and electric folding
The most powerful version of OCTAVIA RS develops 245ch
Sport exhaust (sports sound)
Black glossy exhaust outlet
Limited slip differential (VAQ)
19 '' Extrem black glossy wheels
Decorative black lacquered inserts
Thresholds of front doors with VRS logo in color
Leather upholstery / Alcantara® with gray stitching and VRS logo (White / Color)
Power front sports seats, memory driver's seat

Options List
230 V socket + 2 USB ports on the back (located on the back of the front center armrest)
Metallic paints (Moon White)
3-spoke heated leather sport steering wheel, multifunction Radio / Telephone, incorporating the speed limiter
Heated front seats
Digital radio DAB: digital audio broadcasting
Sound System 10 Speakers Canton ©
Columbus color GPS navigation system with Western Europe map, 9.2 "touchscreen, internal hard disk, SD card reader and Gesture Control - (including information on traffic status in France) + computer Large screen edge Maxi-Dot color
Bluetooth® Premium rSAP LTE mobile phone system with voice recognition and induction charging phonebox device for Columbus Navigation System
Coupling hook + 13-pin adapter
Piloted suspensions

Not sure I follow you... are you saying Kessy and reversing camera are standard kit on any 2018 VRS incl 245?