vRS245 ordered club

Had my Black VRS245 hatch for 6 months now and done 6300 miles at an average of 39.83 mpg. Return trip to Cardiff last August saw 47.4 mpg and indicated early morning 160 mph blast saw 16 mpg. Depends on how you drive it but overall very impressed. Wife likes driving it to. Picked up her Karoq on 26th January, the 1.5Tsi SEL standard 6 speed manual and after just 800 miles it is averaging 42,6 mpg with a best of 53 mpg on 26 mile commute. Not bad for 148 bhp petrol SUV.

• Like 1

Wow. 39 mpg is very good. Mine is 2300 miles and around 31mpg. Don't thrash it everywhere but don't hang about either. That would take some seriously disciplined driving to get 39 mpg!

3 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Had my Black VRS245 hatch for 6 months now and done 6300 miles at an average of 39.83 mpg. Return trip to Cardiff last August saw 47.4 mpg and indicated early morning 160 mph blast saw 16 mpg. 

Data from the MFD or tank to tank fills & recorded data ?

Edited by themanwithnoaim

160mph??

In the UK? I'd seriously consider editing that part of your post if it was as never know who might be reading these boards!

Btw ... What is the top speed of the VRs?

Edited by Ursicles

Love the internet, full of stories that are just on-line for ever.

No harm done, just talk.

Great when someone or a vehicle is in a fatal or life changing incident and now the Tracker / Sat Nav / GPS is investigated and information / evidence taken from there is used in court, maybe speeding events previous to the incident also given in court.

This car was provided by an insurance company and had a Tracker fitted.

A bit like many Demonstrator / Media Cars out on loan.

Shocking catalogue of speeding of driver who killed two women in Kirkcaldy - Fife Today.mhtml

Edited by AwaoffSki

Had my vrs245 for just over 2 weeks now and in that time , 4 times the steering wheel has snatched to the left, not dramatically , just for a second but so you notice. Never had any car do that before. I’m wondering if it’s a trait of the tyre profile, the actual Pirelli’s or cambers in the road. Anyone else had this happen. Cheers

12 minutes ago, 1BODGER said:

Had my vrs245 for just over 2 weeks now and in that time , 4 times the steering wheel has snatched to the left, not dramatically , just for a second but so you notice. Never had any car do that before. I’m wondering if it’s a trait of the tyre profile, the actual Pirelli’s or cambers in the road. Anyone else had this happen. Cheers

Had mine 2 months and never had an issue, wonder if its camber or alignment issue? 

Yes I wondered if these particular tyres were sensitive to adverse cambers but it did it twice in sport mode where it was more noticeable because the steering was heavier. Might pop to get the wheel nut torque checked .

3 hours ago, 1BODGER said:

It's the lane keeping system. The car sees the white lines and drives itself a bit. You can turn it off.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, juan27 said:

It's the lane keeping system. The car sees the white lines and drives itself a bit. You can turn it off.  

Oh ok , yes that is turned on. I’ll turn it off and give it a whirl. 

Thanks juan27.

12 minutes ago, Janno1 said:

Very nice. Mine was down as built and travelling to the port. How long was it from built to being on the next ship?

It went in to build week last week on 12th, on Thursday they said it is build and in transit, today they said its at port and released for shipping.

1 minute ago, buaan said:

It went in to build week last week on 12th, on Thursday they said it is build and in transit, today they said its at port and released for shipping.

Not a bad turn around then. I should imagine end of the week beginning of next mine will be the same. Not long now.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Reddazforever said:

I really like the drive assistant on my current vrs - wife hates it!  Each to their own :biggrin:

I really hate it when its icy as its a good simulation of the steering wheels losing traction , but generally its a nice toy. I like to let the car steer itself for bit (obviously where safe to do so and whilst closely supervising) eventually it bongs for you to wake up.     

5 hours ago, Ursicles said:

160mph??

In the UK? I'd seriously consider editing that part of your post if it was as never know who might be reading these boards!

Btw ... What is the top speed of the VRs?

Its far more believable than 47 mpg in my experience of the 245's drinking habits.   I've averaged 30mpg over my last 10 fills,  mostly commuting on country roads.

Edited by juan27

10 hours ago, stepdavi said:

Wow. 39 mpg is very good. Mine is 2300 miles and around 31mpg. Don't thrash it everywhere but don't hang about either. That would take some seriously disciplined driving to get 39 mpg!

I use ShellV Power and last three 26 mile commutes mainly motorway saw 42.4, 42.6 & 43.3 mpg. That 6 month average was total litres used divided by 4.546 to convert to gallons so was very accurate. I have an A level in Economics.

image.jpg

image.jpg

On 19 February 2018 at 21:54, Mcburns88 said:

Makes absolutely no sense, also ordered November and being told June.... 

Enjoy though!

Got very lucky with mine because was not bothered about spec or colour and dealer principal demo car intended for registration September 2017 but mine on a 17 plate could not wait 2 weeks for the new 67 reg but dealer offered another £500 off if I took it in August. Win/Win for me, my previous 64 plate VRS diesel only averaged 45mpg with the DSG gearbox so relieved VRS245 came with a 6 speed manual.

On 20 February 2018 at 09:52, JuanGandini said:

For those of you waiting for your cars, it's well worth the wait. I'm really enjoying the car so far. I've really noticed how much attention it gets - I've always been more of a Q-car man myself going for mineral grey and debadged approach on my M135i, so it's quite a change having a bright red car with massive black wheels. I was parked up in the car on Sunday messing with the settings and a chap stopped to have a chat with me to say he thought I'd made a great choice. He asked why I went for the vRS and that he wanted an estate version with 4 wheel drive for family lugging duties if they did one. Really nice surprise to have such positive comments - I think I'm probably used to negativity from my previous Audi which was keyed twice for no reason! 

On another note, I think it's amazing how little press coverage they get. Well and truly overlooked in favour of the Golf GTi but the 245 really is a perfect fun family car. 

Worked out on VW configuration that 5 door Golf GTi Performance Pack with 19" alloys and same spec as my 245 would have cost £36,500 when my car cost £28,100 including metallic,spare wheel, reversing camera and electric sunroof.

image.jpg

10 hours ago, stepdavi said:

In the Auto Express test they averaged 38.9 mpg when the Ford Focus St could not manage 30 mpg. Got a friend who runs a Focus St and he confirms it's very thirsty and before anyone asks his is the 247bhp 2 litre car.

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

In the Auto Express test they averaged 38.9 mpg when the Ford Focus St could not manage 30 mpg. Got a friend who runs a Focus St and he confirms it's very thirsty and before anyone asks his is the 247bhp 2 litre car.

I can confirm that, my other car is a focus ST estate with the same engine and I normally get around 29mpg in that.  With the 245 I get closer to 36-37mpg with the same driving style

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

28 minutes ago, DBoycey said:

I can confirm that, my other car is a focus ST estate with the same engine and I normally get around 29mpg in that.  With the 245 I get closer to 36-37mpg with the same driving style

My goodness I'm pleased I bought the Skoda. Sounds as though I'd struggle to get 20mpg out of a Focus ST.