vRS245 ordered club

5 hours ago, EddGee said:

Our man in the office earlier today...

Got presented with a go-karting prize at the NEC indoors finishing 3rd in National championship, by former F1 driver John Watson, so not bad behind steering wheel. Will post proof if you need it you doubting Thomases.

6 hours ago, alex_e3 said:

If it's 'only money', why did you buy a Skoda?...

I make enough money from the properties I own, and spent 5 weeks abroad on holiday with the wife in Madeira, Boa Vista (voted top ten beach in the world) and Kenya (7th time there), I think that little lot came to about £6,200. Also need something practical to put 4 large suitcases in. She likes her clothes when abroad.

2 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

I make enough money from the properties I own, and spent 5 weeks abroad on holiday with the wife in Madeira, Boa Vista (voted top ten beach in the world) and Kenya (7th time there), I think that little lot came to about £6,200. Also need something practical to put 4 large suitcases in. She likes her clothes when abroad.

Hang on a minute. Is this Donald Trump? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

3 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Funny you mention karting got presented with 3rd place prize by John Watson (did a bit of Formula One if your old enough to remember) at the NEC indoors in my youth, said I was great on the brakes and did some stellar overtakes. Ask him next time you bump into him. Still got his signed autograph on the prize if you would like me to upload it for you. You see I am shy because I am famous and it makes me laugh how people who have never met presume to guess so much about me. Also my father worked on Formula One cars up until his retirement, so a bit more than a keyboard warrior as someone posted earlier. Getting bored with all this school yar

This is hilarious coming from some one who I guess is in there 50's due to 35 years driving experience. 

Not sure winning 3rd at a karting event is enough to leave a lasting impression on John Watson. 

What exactly are you famous for, name dropping race car drivers from the 90's? 

Ps. £6200 for 5 weeks on a top ten beach for 2, sign me up. Sounds a bargain. 

I won a karting event on a mates stag do in Dublin about 10 to 15 years ago. Got a trophy and everything. Guess that makes me a famous international driving god. 

• Haha 1

On 15/03/2018 at 18:50, Cm11 said:

I’m pretty sure it’s a £90 option because I scoffed at the price and now I’m looking for an alternative :sadsmile:  :D

Not got any karting awards myself but did beat the Mrs and 13yo daughter at the local indoor karting track a year or two ago. :biggrin:

can we we please get this thread back on track re recently delivered cars and those like me who are still waiting? Cheers

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Boa vista is lovely ..  was there last yr with my son.

For anyone looking for a break, awesome little place to go.

14 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

My last track day I was driving a Ferrari F430 and Lamborghini Gallardo both with just under 500bhp so not just a fast passenger, lost count how many laps i've done at too many circuits to mention, unless you want me to list them.

I wondered who was driving the Ferrari that I passed in my VW up :biggrin:

2 hours ago, Reddazforever said:

can we we please get this thread back on track re recently delivered cars and those like me who are still waiting? Cheers

That seems like an excellent idea and one which I'm sure a lot of people will approve of. :thumbup:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, john999boy said:

That seems like an excellent idea and one which I'm sure a lot of people will approve of. :thumbup:

I just read through all the comments to find what's happened with people's orders etc. 3 pages of pointless waffle and love length measuring!!

Let's get back to the topic of the thread ffs!

My cars at the dealership and awaiting contracts to be sent out. The end or beginning is close :)

Who's also added a private reg onto theirs? Need to add vw finance as nominee and that's about as far as I've looked into it. Will be getting the car before adding the plate as require it for a wknd away over easter.

29 minutes ago, Janno1 said:

Who's also added a private reg onto theirs? Need to add vw finance as nominee and that's about as far as I've looked into it. Will be getting the car before adding the plate as require it for a wknd away over easter.

I'll be moving my reg over too. From what I remember when I did it previously, you do put them as the nominee and I seem to recall sending some paperwork to the leading company too. I need to remind myself too, as I'll be doing it in 3 to 4 weeks. 

4 minutes ago, ScottyNS said:

I'll be moving my reg over too. From what I remember when I did it previously, you do put them as the nominee and I seem to recall sending some paperwork to the leading company too. I need to remind myself too, as I'll be doing it in 3 to 4 weeks. 

Bit more insight cheers bud. I'll may for them a tinkle tomorrow.

10 hours ago, Reddazforever said:

Not got any karting awards myself but did beat the Mrs and 13yo daughter at the local indoor karting track a year or two ago. :biggrin:

Miss quote? 

23 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Good decission, I know you had reservations about going "pre-loved" but, I'd guess you took it for a test drive

I haven't actually driven that particular one, but they had one at my local dealer that i drove.

22 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Probably £16,000 for 2year old VRS245 with 20,000miles, who cares it's only money!

Maybe Part Ex, but going on the values on a current VRS230's at the moment, i'd say maybe a little higher. I think it all depends on whether there is a price hike on the 'new' 245 when it comes out.

Guest garpat32

Still no BW assigned for me :crying:

On another note, Im on my 3rd mobex car.

Passat went back as was delivered overdue a service and kessy fob battery flat!

Leon in its place but had a slow puncture, and on checking the tyres were almost on the wear markers!!

Now in a 3 door Golf GT 2.0 tdi, its quick, but only have this for a week and they are providing  another Golf R line apparently?

Should be getting my mobex this week... 

Im going to see if i can become chums with the guys at the hire company and change cars regularly.  Neighbour next door is a total ****, so thinking me changing cars every 2 weeks will really get him angry :) 

• Like 1

Picking mine up tomorrow morning.  For those who have picked their VWFS lease up recently can you give me some advise?

I obviously need to check the car over and take pics before signing everything to make sure there isn't any damage?  Any other advice?