vRS245 ordered club

Interesting point here... are people collecting them in person, or having them delivered?

My personal preference is to collect in person to give it the once over, rather than the dealer saying its fine, something happening on the way to delivery, and then identifying whose responsible for any issues.

Guessing the car would be driven down, rather than trailered down to those who have opted for home delivery?

Just now, Ursicles said:

Interesting point here... are people collecting them in person, or having them delivered?

My personal preference is to collect in person to give it the once over, rather than the dealer saying its fine, something happening on the way to delivery, and then identifying whose responsible for any issues.

Guessing the car would be driven down, rather than trailered down to those who have opted for home delivery?

Mine was driven up from London. Approx 110 miles all together. It arrived filthy but I gave it a good look over and it was fine

My understanding is that the car will need to go from a port to the ordering dealer, for PDI and registration.  If the dealer the lease has gone through to it far away from customer they deliver it?  Issue with this I found is that your car could arrive with 200 miles already on it, driven gently by a professional delivery driver.....

The dealer mine was ordered through is only 10 miles away so I asked to collect.

4 hours ago, RussTi said:

have more delays my car has been at the dealer since Friday before last , but there is some issue with the lease financing being incorrect which they have to chase with skoda finance. So what looked good for pick up today isn't going to happen. Infact it looks like ill be lucky to get it sorted this week

Mine arrived at dealership last weds. Currently has the same issue. Hoping I won't be waiting as long as need the car Easter wknd for a holiday.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ursicles said:

Mine was delivered, was never really given the option to be honest!  Only a 56 mile trip so not too bad.  Arrived in the snow so was quite dirty but the delivery driver took me round the car, checked every bit of dirt that looked like it may be a mark or scratch, very good attention to detail so all round a good service.  I was of the same thinking as you beforehand though

Just had guy round to inspect audi - 2yrs motoring, 18k miles and a £42 charge for a few minor marks :)

When i collected that lease, i went to the dealer to pick it up - just love new car day too much to allow someone else first drive :)

• Like 1

On 15/03/2018 at 12:56, buaan said:

Picking mine up Tuesday! :)

Sorted insurance and GAP too, only thing left is to investigate a rubber boot floor cover and bumper protector once it arrives.

If yours is a hatchback, I have a brand new bumper protector for sale in the For Sale section if I'm allowed to draw attention to it here (since apparently bumping posts illegal here!) 

9 minutes ago, michaelg17 said:

If yours is a hatchback, I have a brand new bumper protector for sale in the For Sale section if I'm allowed to draw attention to it here (since apparently bumping posts illegal here!) 

Really appreciate that, but mines an Estate! Bugger.

1 minute ago, buaan said:

Really appreciate that, but mines an Estate! Bugger.

Shame, if it was an estate I'd probably keep it as I still have an Octavia estate but won't have a hatchback now as I switched to a Golf R. 

20 minutes ago, michaelg17 said:

@michaelg17 However and as you are a Freedom member, adding a link in your (currently non existant) signature would be perfectly fine. :thumbup:

3 minutes ago, john999boy said:

@michaelg17 However and as you are a Freedom member, adding a link in your (currently non existant) signature would be perfectly fine. :thumbup:

Thanks, I will do that although I don't post as often now I'm not awaiting a VRS. Why is bumping a post once a day or so banned though? Every few hours, sure but most forums I'm on allow once a day. 

14 minutes ago, michaelg17 said:

Thanks, I will do that although I don't post as often now I'm not awaiting a VRS. Why is bumping a post once a day or so banned though? Every few hours, sure but most forums I'm on allow once a day. 

Becasue bumping gives an unequal chance of your ad being seen.  It also creates mess. I’m surprised ads are not locked after being created, as they are on another forum I frequent. Saves a whole load of spam. 

Just now, SC03OTT said:

Becasue bumping gives an unequal chance of your ad being seen.  It also creates mess. I’m surprised ads are not locked after being created, as they are on another forum I frequent. Saves a whole load of spam. 

Well that's how it works on every other forum I'm on (Coffee Forum UK, Talk Photography, The Shaving Room to name a few). If you aren't allowed to bump a for sale post, it drifts down to the end of the post and then no one sees it. As it is, the For Sale section isn't open to everyone like on many other forums (where usually it's a qualifying membership period and a certain number of non-spammy posts to access it). I paid for Freedom membership so I think I have a right to voice my opinion on the rules. And if an advert was locked after being created, how would anyone express interest publicly? Going straight to PM means no transparency if anyone is at it.

1 minute ago, michaelg17 said:

Well that's how it works on every other forum I'm on (Coffee Forum UK, Talk Photography, The Shaving Room to name a few). If you aren't allowed to bump a for sale post, it drifts down to the end of the post and then no one sees it. As it is, the For Sale section isn't open to everyone like on many other forums (where usually it's a qualifying membership period and a certain number of non-spammy posts to access it). I paid for Freedom membership so I think I have a right to voice my opinion on the rules. And if an advert was locked after being created, how would anyone express interest publicly? Going straight to PM means no transparency if anyone is at it.

My experience of threads being open is nonsense like..

”aw man, if only it was pay day I’d buy this”

Or a lengthy thread where the potential buyer decides not to bother after weeks of discussion. I’f you’re interested, PM. If you strike a deal, thread is updated as sold. Nice, clean, tidy. 

Interesting point regarding being a paid member. Payment is for acess to areas, not making you a share/steakholder IMO. 

1 minute ago, SC03OTT said:

My experience of threads being open is nonsense like..

”aw man, if only it was pay day I’d buy this”

Or a lengthy thread where the potential buyer decides not to bother after weeks of discussion. I’f you’re interested, PM. If you strike a deal, thread is updated as sold. Nice, clean, tidy. 

Interesting point regarding being a paid member. Payment is for acess to areas, not making you a share/steakholder IMO. 

Well you don't have to read these threads since you don't appear to be a moderator yourself.  If you don't like threads going off topic for long periods of time, you could have not replied to this comment as an example. :) 

Other forums I'm on are moderated too and for sales threads are restricted to expressions of interest only and it works just fine.

I am not sure that the payment is purely for access to areas even though that is a benefit of it. I think everyone who is a member is a stakeholder and paying for the Freedom membership is just making a further commitment to the forum by donating towards the costs of hosting it

I finally picked up the 245 today after originally ordering at the end of September. Drove it straight from the dealers to the detailers for a full new car protection and ceramic treatment. Should be ready late Wednesday/Thursday morning. All wrapping left on so it gets to the detailer in the best possible condition.

20180319_141829.jpg

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, michaelg17 said:

Well you don't have to read these threads since you don't appear to be a moderator yourself.  If you don't like threads going off topic for long periods of time, you could have not replied to this comment as an example. :)

Other forums I'm on are moderated too and for sales threads are restricted to expressions of interest only and it works just fine.

I am not sure that the payment is purely for access to areas even though that is a benefit of it. I think everyone who is a member is a stakeholder and paying for the Freedom membership is just making a further commitment to the forum by donating towards the costs of hosting it

At the risk of staying OT for one additional post.......:sweat:

Believe it or not but Moderators don't read all the threads - just think how long that would would take if they did! :giggle:

Your last paragraph sums up Freedom quite well though as people mistakenly presume it's needed just to be able to sell but don't appreciate the additional benefits that come with it. As for the bumping question, I notice that's previously been brought to your attention but it seems the newly instigated signature has already garnered a response - in effect, 'bumping' the thread. :thumbup:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, john999boy said:

At the risk of staying OT for one additional post.......:sweat:

Believe it or not but Moderators don't read all the threads - just think how long that would would take if they did! :giggle:

Your last paragraph sums up Freedom quite well though as people mistakenly presume it's needed just to be able to sell but don't appreciate the additional benefits that come with it. As for the bumping question, I notice that's previously been brought to your attention but it seems the newly instigated signature has already garnered a response - in effect, 'bumping' the thread. :thumbup:

Yup, I know you guys can't read all the posts but you probably see more of the forum than most people - kudos to you all for your good work :)

Yes, the signature and most likely this discussion has given the original thread some much needed attention (although for some reason I didn't get an alert for the response - strange!

8 hours ago, Ursicles said:

Just had guy round to inspect audi - 2yrs motoring, 18k miles and a £42 charge for a few minor marks :)

When i collected that lease, i went to the dealer to pick it up - just love new car day too much to allow someone else first drive :)

What model and engine was in the Audi?

Popped into to dealers last night to finish off the paperwork, I’ve got my reg number and I pick the car up this Friday. 

I ordered at the end of October so it’s been a long old wait but not as long as others it would seem. 

This is my first brand new car do I need to check anything in particular when picking it up? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

What model and engine was in the Audi?

Only a 1.4 TFI A4 Avant - was a great lease deal that appeared 2 yrs ago, so cost me about £5500 for the 2 yrs.  Audi offered me the car to buy back at £16500 - so its lost near enough £11k over the 2yrs, which totally validates my decision to lease.

Been a really good workhorse and really comfy on long drives.  Only thing it did lack sometimes was some urgency when pulling out on roundabouts etc, but id do a lease on another one post the skoda happily.

4 hours ago, Cm11 said:

Popped into to dealers last night to finish off the paperwork, I’ve got my reg number and I pick the car up this Friday. 

I ordered at the end of October so it’s been a long old wait but not as long as others it would seem. 

This is my first brand new car do I need to check anything in particular when picking it up? 

Check all the options (if any) that you paid for are included, that the locking wheel nut is in place and no damage to the car.

The options thing might sound odd, but a mate of mine ordered a Tiguan a few years back, car turned up and was a manual when the order form said Auto!  To be fair to VW they put him in a new golf for 12 weeks and gave him some cash back. He also benefitted as they had updated the spec of the Tiguan between the time he ordered initially and when the correct car was finally delivered so he had a few more toys for free.

22 hours ago, Ursicles said:

Although you do realize quite a few people would have already driven you new car in terms of on and off various transports, at the docks, at the dealers etc? But I get your point.

2 hours ago, Ursicles said:

Only a 1.4 TFI A4 Avant - was a great lease deal that appeared 2 yrs ago, so cost me about £5500 for the 2 yrs.  Audi offered me the car to buy back at £16500 - so its lost near enough £11k over the 2yrs, which totally validates my decision to lease.

Been a really good workhorse and really comfy on long drives.  Only thing it did lack sometimes was some urgency when pulling out on roundabouts etc, but id do a lease on another one post the skoda happily.

Just out of interest what does We Buy Any Car value the car at?