vRS245 ordered club

2 hours ago, Ursicles said:

Only a 1.4 TFI A4 Avant - was a great lease deal that appeared 2 yrs ago, so cost me about £5500 for the 2 yrs.  Audi offered me the car to buy back at £16500 - so its lost near enough £11k over the 2yrs, which totally validates my decision to lease.

Been a really good workhorse and really comfy on long drives.  Only thing it did lack sometimes was some urgency when pulling out on roundabouts etc, but id do a lease on another one post the skoda happily.

That's interesting because last car bought new in April 2016 was Superb 1.4Tsi SE with 150PS ACT engine with a few extras including Nav. Paid £22,600 and after 16months and 16,000miles got £16,600 trade in against VRS245 last August. Good motorway cruiser and economical but to say it was fun would be pushing it. Have included photo on the 18" Devent alloys and P Zeroes which I kept for winter use on the 245.

image.jpg

7 minutes ago, Ursicles said:

Just checked post your message - they saying £14,395!

Checked old Auto Express for 3year old VRS245 value at 30,000miles and was stated at just over £13,000, hope this helps people who are just picking up their new cars!

12 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

That's interesting because last car bought new in April 2016 was Superb 1.4Tsi SE with 150PS ACT engine with a few extras including Nav. Paid £22,600 and after 16months and 16,000miles got £16,600 trade in against VRS245 last August. Good motorway cruiser and economical but to say it was fun would be pushing it. Have included photo on the 18" Devent alloys and P Zeroes which I kept for winter use on the 245.

image.jpg

Sorry should have said Dezent and if anyone is curious they were £540 from Jeff FowkesWheels in Ibstock and tyres were £300 from Black Circles. Not selling so hopefully no rules broken!

7 hours ago, Ursicles said:

Check all the options (if any) that you paid for are included, that the locking wheel nut is in place and no damage to the car.

The options thing might sound odd, but a mate of mine ordered a Tiguan a few years back, car turned up and was a manual when the order form said Auto!  To be fair to VW they put him in a new golf for 12 weeks and gave him some cash back. He also benefitted as they had updated the spec of the Tiguan between the time he ordered initially and when the correct car was finally delivered so he had a few more toys for free.

Thank you!

Never crossed my mind to check the options apart from the glaring obvious like dsg and colour :D more like things like acc and dcc. 

20 hours ago, Ursicles said:

Only a 1.4 TFI A4 Avant - was a great lease deal that appeared 2 yrs ago, so cost me about £5500 for the 2 yrs.  Audi offered me the car to buy back at £16500 - so its lost near enough £11k over the 2yrs, which totally validates my decision to lease.

Been a really good workhorse and really comfy on long drives.  Only thing it did lack sometimes was some urgency when pulling out on roundabouts etc, but id do a lease on another one post the skoda happily.

Except it didn't really lose 11k as according to autoebid you can get one for 23k new.

13 hours ago, Cm11 said:

Thank you!

Never crossed my mind to check the options apart from the glaring obvious like dsg and colour :D more like things like acc and dcc. 

Picked mine up yesterday.  I didn't notice some scuffs/marring in the lacquer high up near the roof line/tailgate, something must have rubbed on it.  Too bloody late to worth chasing after I'd signed the collection papers! :(  I think I've manage to buff it out myself though.

Make sure you check along the sides for dents/scratches, the wheels, roof for hale stone damage, look at the paint at an angle to catch any scuffs in the light too.  They don't include a service book on these new Skoda's I was told, all digital apparently, car tells you when it's due.

My first impressions of the car are they are very well loaded, the seats are great and the stereo is good fun to play with.

The engine is a peach, this is my first petrol turbo only having had highish power N/A engines in the past.  It seems to produce boost from 800rpm and pulls like a train, bloody fantastic.  I'm very impressed.

RS245.jpg

Edited by buaan
Add photo.
  • Like 4

Well my latest update, still an unconfirmed build week but came forward to week 15 from 18.

Should have delivery early-mid May at this rate... 6.5 months waiting... my compensation should be interesting; given that my case handler has yet to call me back, instead choosing to call the dealership who have been very good at keeping me updated, even wheren there is no update to give.

Anyone adding anything to theirs new? Mine should be provided with mudflaps at my request when ordered new, going to add the bumper scuff protector too. Unsure whether to go for the gloss black or perhaps get some clear Lamin-x style film applied to protect it.

I just ordered some rubber mats, rubber boot floor cover and the VRS bumper covers (link) from SuperSkoda.  Should keep it tidy and I can always sell the mats once the car goes.

1 hour ago, Gobsheene said:

Well my latest update, still an unconfirmed build week but came forward to week 15 from 18.

Should have delivery early-mid May at this rate... 6.5 months waiting... my compensation should be interesting; given that my case handler has yet to call me back, instead choosing to call the dealership who have been very good at keeping me updated, even wheren there is no update to give.

Anyone adding anything to theirs new? Mine should be provided with mudflaps at my request when ordered new, going to add the bumper scuff protector too. Unsure whether to go for the gloss black or perhaps get some clear Lamin-x style film applied to protect it.

I look forward to my weekly update call ... where they tell me there is no update :)

Im going to miss those when i get a car, me and Kate get on quite well now.

31 minutes ago, Ursicles said:

I look forward to my weekly update call ... where they tell me there is no update :)

Im going to miss those when i get a car, me and Kate get on quite well now.

Lucky you, Maxine spoke to me once and then decided that once was enough! Deals with Nick at the local dealer now!

:D

1 hour ago, Gobsheene said:

Lucky you, Maxine spoke to me once and then decided that once was enough! Deals with Nick at the local dealer now!

:D

I still have my weekly calls with Maxine... highlight of my week :D

Had a message from my dealer to say he has good news on my production slot. It was wk18 so fingers crossed it will be built pretty soon. 

Gonna give him a call back tomorrow to find out new week. 

3 minutes ago, NifNaf said:

Picked her up from the detailers today ... :) Ceramic coated with gtechniq crystal serum and exo V3. Very pleased with the end result.

Looks very good, fancy a white vRS myself but don’t think the missus is having any of it, with the order books closed I’ve time to work on it

30 minutes ago, NifNaf said:

Picked her up from the detailers today ... :) Ceramic coated with gtechniq crystal serum and exo V3. Very pleased with the end result.

IMG_6565.JPG

Looks great. Would you mind letting me know what a rough cost to get that done is? I've no idea! No worries if you would rather not say. 

Could I ask a favor form someone that has a 245, just looking for a photo of the back of the driver or passenger seat, wondering how they are covered, can’t find one to view anywhere here in Ireland, I will have little feet kicking around the back and my existing leather vRS seats are easy to keep clean, if they are alacantara on the back that could be an issue, with the integrated headrests I haven’t seen a suitable seat protector, thanks in advance

Just now, Bailer said:

Could I ask a favor form someone that has a 245, just looking for a photo of the back of the driver or passenger seat, wondering how they are covered, can’t find one to view anywhere here in Ireland, I will have little feet kicking around the back and my existing leather vRS seats are easy to keep clean, if they are alacantara on the back that could be an issue, with the integrated headrests I haven’t seen a suitable seat protector, thanks in advance

They are pleather on the back

23 minutes ago, Bailer said:

It's the fake leather stuff so if you have young kids who like cleaning their dirty shoes on the back of the front seats you can simply take a wet cloth and wipe it off. Very practical. Lots of friends have commented how nice the seats are, even one with a 67 plate Mercedes SLC, which cost over £40,000!

3 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

It's the fake leather stuff so if you have young kids who like cleaning their dirty shoes on the back of the front seats you can simply take a wet cloth and wipe it off. Very practical. Lots of friends have commented how nice the seats are, even one with a 67 plate Mercedes SLC, which cost over £40,000!

Thanks, Peppa Pig and muddy puddles have it to answer for

22 hours ago, Gobsheene said:

Just ordered a silver rear bumper protector for £61 from dealer, I know you can get them cheaper but parts manager told me the black ones scratch easily and you can see the primer colour underneath. However the silver is the same colour throughout so is less likely to look tatty over time. Hope this helps with anyone going for the black version.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AwaoffSki said:

?

So the black ones are actually painted black onto primer? Amazing.

I used to work for an injection moulding company so I know alot about the materials and how there made. We used to produce the Rowntree Macintosh Polo sweet dispensers in newsagents. My job was estimating how much everything would cost to produce, so I think I am well qualified to comment on this particular subject, unless you have worked in the Point Of Sale industry as well

• Haha 1

Hi All, been told by my dealer I still have an unconfirmed BW of week 15 so I'm still looking at delivery in late mate or june :-(

As part of the update the dealer offered me GAP insurance for £150, is this a good deal.?