vRS245 ordered club

8 minutes ago, Reddazforever said:

People just need to be aware there are different types of GAP insurance offering very different levels of cover so not always a simple price comparison.  Found this summary on What Car website which may help.

and wk15 build should result in an early-mid May delivery (assuming 3 weeks to transport which I believe is the norm)

8B3FF8D3-2547-4594-9DB7-4290022528F5.jpeg

Guess it's No.5 which most people will be choosing!

Have a look at ALA for Gap - well respected on pistonheads forum.

Usually a few discount codes floating about, and they price match.

On my old A4 at the time they were doing 20% off lowest price anywhere and i paid sub £60 for it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ursicles said:

Have a look at ALA for Gap - well respected on pistonheads forum.

Usually a few discount codes floating about, and they price match.

On my old A4 at the time they were doing 20% off lowest price anywhere and i paid sub £60 for it!

Totally agree!   I got my vehicle replacement plus GAP for 5 years for my 245 with a £30,000 limit (car value £34,000) for £316 after price match from them!  

• Sponsor
3 minutes ago, Wet Kipper said:

you can get GAP insurance through the forum

https://insurance.briskoda.net/#gap

which is through Chris Knott

there's also @David@GAPInsurance to give a shout to

Thanks for the referral @Wet Kipper

We can indeed assist you with GAP Insurance (along with Scratch & Dent, Tyre and Alloy Wheel insurance too if you're so inclined).

Contract Hire/Lease GAP insurance, Invoice GAP insurance & Replacement GAP insurance at prices already up to 85% cheaper than a motor dealer will charge you plus BRISKODA members get 10% further discount using code "BRISKODA10".

Check out our website for more details: www.gapinsurance.co.uk or give us a shout on either 01484 490095 or [email protected] for assistance.

Just something to consider... @shyVRS245 and @Reddazforever commented above that most people leasing a vehicle would take out Lease GAP insurance (what we call Contract Hire GAP Insurance).  It's worth noting though that not all lease agreements require GAP Insurance.  The basic logic is that in the event that your leased vehicle is declared a Total Loss, there'll often be a shortfall between what your motor insurer pays out and what the finance company want in settlement - because the settlement figure from the finance company is usually arrived at by adding together the value of your vehicle before it was written off (this should be circa the same amount that your motor insurer paid out) PLUS the sum of all rentals not yet paid.  They then may add on an administration fee and they may or may not grant you some discount.

Some lease agreements are such that you're liable for ALL of the shortfall.  Some are such that you're only liable for SOME (usually a percentage) of the shortfall.  Some lease agreements are such that you're NOT LIABLE FOR ANY of the shortfall.  It therefore pays to check the terms of your lease agreement to see if you actually need it before buying Lease/Contract Hire GAP insurance.

If you have a leased car and you're unsure, we'll gladly take a look at your agreement and let you know whether you need it or not.

HTH

David

• Like 1

Guest garpat32

Surely all vwfs PCH leases are on the same terms when it comes to this?

As most on here will be leasing via vwfs it would be worth knowing their take on it.

• Sponsor
59 minutes ago, garpat32 said:

Surely all vwfs PCH leases are on the same terms when it comes to this?

As most on here will be leasing via vwfs it would be worth knowing their take on it.

The last time I saw a VWFS agreement it held you liable for all of the shortfall but their settlement figure did involve a discount of (I think) 4%.

It shouldn’t be taken for granted that all VWFS contracts are the same. For example I’ve seen Volvo Car Leasing agreements that don’t hold you liable for any of the shortfall and others that would hold you liable for all of the shortfall. Clearly Volvo isn’t VWFS but, my point is that I wouldn’t assume they’re all the same one way or the other, it’s always worth checking.

Although, not checking and assuming you’re liable for all of any shortfall and buying GAP insurance to cover it, is potentially the less expensive assumption of the two.

David

1 hour ago, nismogreen said:

Got mine delivered yesterday, it’s great. Not keen on the black headlining though. Could have done with that mirror hack earlier as I have Kerbed it already.

FFS! 

On 19/03/2018 at 08:35, garpat32 said:

Still no BW assigned for me :crying:

On another note, Im on my 3rd mobex car.

Passat went back as was delivered overdue a service and kessy fob battery flat!

Leon in its place but had a slow puncture, and on checking the tyres were almost on the wear markers!!

Now in a 3 door Golf GT 2.0 tdi, its quick, but only have this for a week and they are providing  another Golf R line apparently?

Seems they’ve given your previous moves to me on Monday. Passat with service due in 1600 miles. Key battery low. Brakes seem non existent and worst yet is the sensors and e brake.

i was originally offered a juke and then told it’ll be an insignia or a mondeo. But finally a Passat estate arrived. The car has been used and abused by previous rentals. Plus the car seems to stink when using the fan of something. Not the air con.

the front sensors go mental by themselves with nothing in the way. It probably sees a ghost car or something. This has even caused some funny warning pop up with the car with arrows all around it. I assume it’s telling me it’s been in a collision lol.

so the e brake is the most dangerous I’ve ever used. It has turned on itself when the sensors think I’ve hit something at low speed. The wheels lock up and stop until I disengage. The hold assist comes on itself too. Been at roundabouts and junctions moving off and then e brakes kick in and lock the car up. Damn silly car..

i assume im getting a new moved when my case manager calls.

ordered end October but no build week. My case managers on hol this week.

i got an email stating the dealerships trying to call me but they seem to be the only ones that never get through. Brokers and Skoda uk get through no prOblem.

Guest garpat32

@El9Nino are you Gateshead/Newcastle based? If so it sounds like the same old Passat.

My case manager is also away, Donna is it?

Enterprise are supposed to be swapping the hire car yet again today, the courtesy call from them yesterday never happened so we'll see.

I can only hope they offer better vehicles to private customers, as so far they have been terrible.

My case manager is also Donna, she has been extremely dilligent and proactive. It really has restored my faith in the process after not hearing from the dealer since the day I placed my order in October. 

20 hours ago, JuanGandini said:

Just a quick note of thanks to you guys on the forum for the words of wisdom about the auto dipping wing mirror feature to aid parallel parking and avoid the kerb. I set it up a couple of days ago and it made my week. I have to parallel park on my road as I don;t have a driveway. The 19'' alloys look like kerb magnets so hopefully that little feature will save them!

How do you actually do it?  Might be a stupid question and i'm sure i could read the manual!  Mine did it the first couple of times but hasn't done it since :wondering:

3 minutes ago, Rjw_ipswich said:

How do you actually do it?  Might be a stupid question and i'm sure i could read the manual!  Mine did it the first couple of times but hasn't done it since :wondering: forget that, should've read the other replies first!

4 minutes ago, Rjw_ipswich said:

How do you actually do it?  Might be a stupid question and i'm sure i could read the manual!  Mine did it the first couple of times but hasn't done it since :wondering:

I think the mirror control needs to be set to L for it to do it?

You put it in reverse gear, set the mirror to angle where you want it in L mode.  Leave the control in L mode, drive off over 7mph and it'll return to position.  Stop, select reverse and it should go down again.

• Like 1

Just now, buaan said:

I think the mirror control needs to be set to L for it to do it?

You put it in reverse gear, set the mirror to angle where you want it in L mode.  Leave the control in L mode, drive off over 7mph and it'll return to position.  Stop, select reverse and it should go down again.

That's great, i'll give that a go, thanks mate

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Reddazforever said:

People just need to be aware there are different types of GAP insurance offering very different levels of cover so not always a simple price comparison.  Found this summary on What Car website which may help.

and wk15 build should result in an early-mid May delivery (assuming 3 weeks to transport which I believe is the norm)

8B3FF8D3-2547-4594-9DB7-4290022528F5.jpeg

Thanks mate, early to mid may sounds better.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  Thanks too for the Gap info

Should be hearing about my hire car today - you lot arent inspiring me much! :)

A ragged estate would be perfect for me - about to start some serious building work at home, and going to be carting a lot of stuff about.

On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 09:55, martysparty99 said:

Hi All, been told by my dealer I still have an unconfirmed BW of week 15 so I'm still looking at delivery in late mate or june :-(

As part of the update the dealer offered me GAP insurance for £150, is this a good deal.?

Its cheaper than they normally offer, but chech out GAP from 3rd party places... its substantially cheaper.

Have you raised your unhappiness with Skoda CS? They will also give you some compensation, but will not reveal what that is till the car arrives.

I think Richard earlier in the thread got £500 to spend in store, and the dealership gave him the use of a new Yeti till his 245 arrived.