vRS245 ordered club

1 minute ago, buaan said:

I've done 200 miles in my 245, the exhaust on it is super quiet though!... Does it take a bit of time for it to break in and get fruitier!?  I was under the impression it would have a bit of presence :) lol

Mine got a bit louder after around 1k miles but it was still rather quiet

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, matt9407 said:

Mine got a bit louder after around 1k miles but it was still rather quiet

Hmm OK, I'll keep listening for a change.  I don't have DSG so won't be waiting with anticipation for the fabled 'fart' noises

Just now, buaan said:

Hmm OK, I'll keep listening for a change.  I don't have DSG so won't be waiting with anticipation for the fabled 'fart' noises

They also dont happen :) Never heard it "Fart" on my DSG

12 minutes ago, Cm11 said:

It’ll fart on launch control I haven’t managed to get it to do it any other way 

Only half decent noise I ever got from mine was when I let my mate do a drive-by at full chat (Yes it was on a genuinely private road) and when he downshifted it made a couple of pops. Deffo wasn't a "DSG Fart" though

I had all the windows down today and thought the exhaust sounds great and has turned a few heads (manual with 1200 miles). I do prefer more subtle exhaust notes though. 

• Like 2

3100 miles dsg here. Exhaust has got louder. Not really fruity more of a deep roar, quite nice but certainly not loud. And still no mystical flatulence noise.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Redboy said:

The TSI exhaust is really quiet in comparison with the MkII TFSI, let alone the M135i or M2 in my street. That's exhaust noise. 

Yep, I used to have an M135i and the sound was glorious. The sound of that straight six engine is amazing - I'd love to get another one someday but alas now I have a small child the M140i is too small. Maybe an X3 M40i would fit the bill... 

20180329_175916.jpg

Well worth the wait. Quite impressed with it so far. Not worked out media etc as yet. Will try have a play over wknd. Power is nice. Handling lovely. Two differential settings in the menu. Unsure if it changes it a great deal as yet. Not got dcc and not to harsh, managed a few bends and holds the road well. 

2 hours ago, nismogreen said:

E562B8DC-BDA6-4F0D-8C09-F99D3717925A.thumb.jpeg.33b5476d2d3d28740798d8482a24bce2.jpegHere is my “poverty red” estate. Looks pretty mean IMHO.

Looks Awesome m8,

It seems to be sitting low have you changed the springs?  do you DCC fitted ?

7 hours ago, juan27 said:

It sounds nice enough, but is actually pretty refined and quiet.   Quite a bit quieter than the Mk2 VRS petrol.

I really hope this isn't the case. MK2 FL TSI sounded like me mother's 2001 Corolla 1.4 VVTi. The the Toyota sounded better.

The nonres milltek sorted that out!

On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 09:32, Reddazforever said:

In my case I asked for compensation as soon as it became clear that my original delivery date was going to be missed.  Made a complaint and CSs agreed in writing to cover my additional motoring costs as a result of the delay.  This was all agreed in January - 5 weeks before my original /promised delivery date.  No waiting 18 weeks or other crap.  My suggestion would be push as you’re the customer and the one being inconvenienced by the delay.  If they’d told you of the delay at the time of signing up you would probably have gone elsewhere so skoda need to look after you (and in my case they are - so fair play to them) but you need to push

More progress at last, had a call from my dealer today to say that Skoda CS have agreed to give me a hire car until my 245 arrives.  Could be as early as next week.  Typical though, my old car hasn't gone back yet so got two cars for a few weeks!

10 hours ago, Gobsheene said:

I really hope this isn't the case. MK2 FL TSI sounded like me mother's 2001 Corolla 1.4 VVTi. The the Toyota sounded better.

The nonres milltek sorted that out!

Well I guess you might enjoy the Mk3 noise generator turned up to 100%.

vcdss.png.c20718fbdd9da7e3f2004bb98f5f5d5e.png

Edited by juan27
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, juan27 said:

Well I guess you might enjoy the Mk3 noise generator turned up to 100%.

vcdss.png.c20718fbdd9da7e3f2004bb98f5f5d5e.png

Is that only the internal sound?  

Will be gutted if the external  exhaust sound is quieter than my old mk2 petrol given it was only 200bph

3 minutes ago, Reddazforever said:

Is that only the internal sound?  

Will be gutted if the external  exhaust sound is quieter than my old mk2 petrol given it was only 200bph

The sound from the engine/exhaust in a VRS 245 is quieter than in a MK2 FL TSi VRS when you are in the car.

It's very quiet, and the noise it does make when extended is not unpleasant but not very tuneful IMHO.

Certainly less rorty than the MK2 which I thought had quite a nice standard exhaust note if l'm honest.

Burbling, farting, snap crackle and popping are all entirely absent in the 245 in my experience.

To make up for this however the 245 has a fake noise generator which allows you to have some vroom vroom noises in the cabin if you like that sort of thing.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, juan27 said:

The sound from the engine/exhaust in a VRS 245 is quieter than in a MK2 FL TSi VRS when you are in the car.

It's very quiet, and the noise it does make when extended is not unpleasant but not very tuneful IMHO.

Certainly less rorty than the MK2 which I thought had quite a nice standard exhaust note if l'm honest.

Burbling, farting, snap crackle and popping are all entirely absent in the 245 in my experience.

To make up for this however the 245 has a fake noise generator which allows you to have some vroom vroom noises in the cabin if you like that sort of thing.

Cheers I had the pre FL mk2 but assume the engine /exhaust was the same as the FL.

also got a mk3 preFL diesel vrs today. Is the sound generator in the 245 the same as my current car or will it be louder/different?

13 minutes ago, Reddazforever said:

Cheers I had the pre FL mk2 but assume the engine /exhaust was the same as the FL.

also got a mk3 preFL diesel vrs today. Is the sound generator in the 245 the same as my current car or will it be louder/different?

The pre FL MK2 generally had the earlier belt driven cam engine....but not sure how much difference that made to its sound.

Don't know if there are different sound generators for diesel etc but you can change the max volume in VCDS (see earlier screenshot) to make it a bit louder. (or disable it)

In mine the max volume was set to about 70% from the factory.

Edited by juan27

7 minutes ago, juan27 said:

The pre FL MK2 generally had the earlier belt driven cam engine....but not sure how much difference that made to its sound.

Don't know if there are different sound generators for diesel etc but you can change the max volume in VCDS (see earlier screenshot) to make it a bit louder. (or disable it)

In mine the max volume was set to about 70% from the factory.

not familiar with VCDS. Is that something my local skoda dealer can do for me? And if so what’s the cost?  Also is it something that takes 5 mins in case I don’t like the increased noise :D

Edited by Reddazforever