vRS245 ordered club

Remap and pedal box on this one?  Will you be swapping the accelerator pedal for an on/off switch like the last one?  ;)

• Like 1

Congratulations!

It will interesting to see what your fuel consumption figures are like. An interesting comparison between small engine driven very hard and bigger engine just driven hard.

Hope you have shares in your preferred tyre company.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gerrycan said:

Congratulations!

It will interesting to see what your fuel consumption figures are like. An interesting comparison between small engine driven very hard and bigger engine just driven hard.

Hope you have shares in your preferred tyre company.

Yeah its gonna be interesting, fuel ain't so much an issue as its relatively small beer with a drip drip effect tyres however, will be more noticeable. SWMBO is an accountant !!!

2 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Are you in the forces Rob ?

https://www.griffintaxfree.com/skoda-octavia-vrs-245-offer/

Now that there is temptation @Blacksheep

wow - that's quite an offer (almost worth signing up lol).  No i'm not forces.  

.. just that i'm currently on my third vrs (a 230), and prob halfway through my tenure with the one, would love a 245 but i'm also getting really peaved as to how much f**ing car tax i'm now paying, so might need to go for something more tax efficient next time.  Boo.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, just joined this club....

24/06/2017

vRS 245 DSG in Black + red stitching 

DCC

Lane assist/Blind spot

Rear camera

Space saver. 

Provisional build week... 11! Which better be a joke Ha!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pwei74 said:

Hi, just joined this club....

24/06/2017

vRS 245 DSG in Black + red stitching 

DCC

Lane assist/Blind spot

Rear camera

Space saver. 

Provisional build week... 11! Which better be a joke Ha!

Welcome to the club, nice spec, **** build week, my own build week has gone back by 1 to BW32

Thanks.  This'll be my 4th vRS but first petrol model.

I can't believe it'll be March and will hope for better news from the dealer next week!

Ordered VRS 245 Estate 10th June. Black Magic, DCC, spare wheel. (Didn't see this thread before)

Edited by juan27

On 5/25/2017 at 14:10, rob_e said:

would love a 245 but i'm also getting really peaved as to how much f**ing car tax i'm now paying, so might need to go for something more tax efficient next time.  Boo.

245 is £140/year RFL (from yr 2) under the new rules - same as a Citigo? or are you talking BIK? 

Edited by juan27

7 minutes ago, juan27 said:

245 is £140/year RFL (from yr 2) under the new rules - same as a Citigo? or are you talking BIK? 

Yes, BIK it's my company car. Close on 500 per month incl the fuel. 

I was going to go for white up until the last week. Just something about the Black though. Nice video on YouTube of a black 230 + black pack and that made my mind up. 

43 minutes ago, pwei74 said:

I was going to go for white up until the last week. Just something about the Black though. Nice video on YouTube of a black 230 + black pack and that made my mind up. 

I was quite taken with a black SE-L being the first FL I saw in the flesh, but tbh I would probably have chosen another colour if there was more available on the 245, if only for a change from my black Mk 2.

I guess it was covered long ago on the pre FL 230, but what's the reasoning for only offering the four colours on the 245?   

Edited by juan27

1 minute ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Colours are limited to speed up production !!!

Doesn't seem to be working looking at the lead time!

Hi, I am a newbie and I have just ordered my first vRS; 245, Black (of course), DCC, Silver Stitch, Canton, Columbus, etc. 

Not got any timings yet. What is "Build week" and what is everyone's ETA?

R.

51 minutes ago, Matsumura said:

Hi, I am a newbie and I have just ordered my first vRS; 245, Black (of course), DCC, Silver Stitch, Canton, Columbus, etc. 

Not got any timings yet. What is "Build week" and what is everyone's ETA?

R.

Nice spec for your car, build weeks (BW) are the week your car will be made, its just the weeks of the year numbered 1 to 52.

BW31 is the week commencing 31/07/17 which is week mine is being built, it takes about 3 or 4 weeks to get it from then. Mine was ordered on the 23/05/17.

22 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Nice spec for your car, build weeks (BW) are the week your car will be made, its just the weeks of the year numbered 1 to 52.

BW31 is the week commencing 31/07/17 which is week mine is being built, it takes about 3 or 4 weeks to get it from then. Mine was ordered on the 23/05/17.

Thanks,

Let's hope they make them all that week :-) Not sure I can wait 3 months! 

Hope the DCC counteracts those 235/35/19s.