vRS245 ordered club

Morning guys,

after 2 weeks of asking I have just got my build week which is 38, so delivery end of September hopefully.

The dealer has told me though that they could not order the car with the Front Parking Sensors and they they have taken them off of my bill (nice of them).

This is a blow as I think they are essential. Has anyone ordered them with the front sensors or has anyone been told they can't have them?

Regards

R.

3 hours ago, Matsumura said:

Morning guys,

after 2 weeks of asking I have just got my build week which is 38, so delivery end of September hopefully.

The dealer has told me though that they could not order the car with the Front Parking Sensors and they they have taken them off of my bill (nice of them).

This is a blow as I think they are essential. Has anyone ordered them with the front sensors or has anyone been told they can't have them?

Regards

R.

IIRC Park Assist has front and rear sensors?

57 minutes ago, juan27 said:

IIRC Park Assist has front and rear sensors?

They are saying it available on the configurator (don't get me started about how rubbish that is) but when they placed the order they are not available.

Just wondered if anyone else has had this feedback?

R.

Generally that means they are standard but, I had this with folding wing mirrors on a vRS & MY changes took them away when I was Status 20.

Thats why I'm waiting for a VRS245 instead of driving a vRS but, its ok cos I'm nearly Fn over it now, not really but I'm every day I tell myself I am. I'm fooling NOBODY

Grrrrrrrr

If its got all the sensors is getting park assist just enabling the software then?

(Mind you it will take brass balls to let the car park itself for the first time I imagine!)  

1 minute ago, juan27 said:

If its got all the sensors is getting park assist just enabling the software then?

(Mind you it will take brass balls to let the car park itself for the first time I imagine!)  

I'm not sure the sensors are the same for the Parking assist and the proximity indication. I guess it would make sense. I didn't select the parking assist option as I wanted to spend the money on the Canton, Columbus and DCC. Also, I'm not sure I want the car to park itself! :-)

5 hours ago, Matsumura said:

I'm not sure the sensors are the same for the Parking assist and the proximity indication. I guess it would make sense. I didn't select the parking assist option as I wanted to spend the money on the Canton, Columbus and DCC. Also, I'm not sure I want the car to park itself! :-)

I did some googling after posting and apparently park assist (on the Golf at least) has a few extra sensors pointing to the sides. I didn't select park assist as if my 19" alloys are going to get kerbed I want it to be my entirely my own fault.  If the car did it I could see a Basil Faulty Austin 1300 Estate moment happening.    

Edited by juan27

Yes, Park Assist has 12 sensors rather than the 8 for just front and rear parking sensors, as Juan27 states the extra 4 are mounted on the sides as on my Yeti. Don't panic I'm not a spy in the camp, I've got an Octavia VRS estate coming in October.... 

I think the first person to order a non black one should get a prize! Or a round of applause at least. 

Just had an update on mine, the BW has come forward to ...... BW 5!!!! First week of Feb. It had better move again....

I know, me too!!

I really don't understand why mine is that late. Surely it's got to come forward !? Good job my planned Alpine road trip isn't until next summer :)

No I've gone for Black too. Was just something Juan picked up on. So far, we've all ordered Black. 

8 minutes ago, pwei74 said:

I know, me too!!

I really don't understand why mine is that late. Surely it's got to come forward !? Good job my planned Alpine road trip isn't until next summer :)

No I've gone for Black too. Was just something Juan picked up on. So far, we've all ordered Black. 

BW 5? I wonder if its the DSG?

My dealer doesn't like quoting a BW until a month has gone by, I wonder if that's because the initial estimate is rather pessimistic? 

For your sake I hope so!

On 14/07/2017 at 13:50, juan27 said:

I did some googling after posting and apparently park assist (on the Golf at least) has a few extra sensors pointing to the sides. I didn't select park assist as if my 19" alloys are going to get kerbed I want it to be my entirely my own fault.  If the car did it I could see a Basil Faulty Austin 1300 Estate moment happening.    

Is Park Assist the one that parks the car for you, If so I've heard, true or not, that if you park in a line of parked cars the Park assist will line your car up with the rest of the cars, therefor it cannot tell where the kerb is. I've heard stories of alloys getting scuffed/curbed because of Park assist. 

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

1 minute ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Is Park Assist the one that parks the car for you, If so I've heard, true or not, that if you park in a line of parked cars the Park assist will line your car up with the rest of the cars, therefor it cannot tell where the kurd is. I've heard stories of alloys getting scuffed/curbed because of Park assist. 

Yes that's the one, although they do say assist, which suggests the driver should still be ensuring nothing really bad happens

kurd = kerb presumably?  Yes I have read the same thing, the car has no idea where the kerb is and if the cars in front and behind are against it or up it it will line up on them so kerbing on yours is likely.  

3 minutes ago, juan27 said:

Yes that's the one, although they do say assist, which suggests the driver should still be ensuring nothing really bad happens

kurd = kerb presumably?  Yes I have read the same thing, the car has no idea where the kerb is and if the cars in front and behind are against it or up it it will line up on them so kerbing on yours is likely.  

Kurd = Kerb  :nod:  Sori me spelins nott aL thot gud........:giggle:

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

Hi all

Ordered my 245 Estate in Black (yep another one in Black!) on Saturday and the order form is stating 1st Sept for estimated delivery date.....is this right?  Or should I ignore this for now?

Never bought a brand new car before so would be interested in feedback.

14 minutes ago, Hlywd said:

Hi all

Ordered my 245 Estate in Black (yep another one in Black!) on Saturday and the order form is stating 1st Sept for estimated delivery date.....is this right? 

You'd need BW32 (week commencing 7/8/17) at the very lastest for that delivery date which would mean, yours is a cancelled order your dealer already has in the system.

As the factory is shut until 24/7/17 if you have chosen any extras they'd NOT have time to order them as the order is locked 2 weeks prior to BW.

So, did you ask for a car exactly as they had in stock on order or, has the salesperson been a little miss leading?