vRS245 ordered club

On 7/23/2017 at 10:13, Rsrob said:

The dealer is winner garage ltd CInderfrord Gloucestershire 

they got two octy vRS245 hatchback and estate both in corrida red 

Just a bit too far from me for a daft run out. Presumably other dealers will have them too? My salesman said (in June) they were only building for customer orders, but I guess that might be taken with a pinch of salt.  

The boss at Lookers in Newcastle said he's getting one in soon. Says I'll be able to have a test drive in it which will be nice... particularly as I've not had any better news than Feb on my BW :)

Update: Just got my provisional build week as wk39.  So from ordering last Saturday 15th July, dealer says could be delivered mid October which is around 13 weeks leadtime and 3 weeks after build week.  Sounds reasonable so far I guess. 

On 7/23/2017 at 10:13, Rsrob said:

The dealer is winner garage ltd CInderfrord Gloucestershire 

they got two octy vRS245 hatchback and estate both in corrida red 

Hmmm I'm in Somerset (which ain't a million miles away) in 2 weekends time & in a 72 hour demo Superb L&K so, mileage isn't an issue

Edited by themanwithnoaim

21 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

I'm still Status 10 (unconfirmed) for BW32

Grrrrr

That's annoying I guess you were expecting status 20 now we're into Week 30?

2 hours ago, Hlywd said:

Its only been 2 weeks since I ordered the damn thing and it feels like months.....anyone got any updates on their build status etc?

I'm hoping mine will go to status 20 this week (for BW33) but I'm waiting to later in the week to ask. 

13 minutes ago, juan27 said:

I'm hoping mine will go to status 20 this week (for BW33) but I'm waiting to later in the week to ask. 

Does the dealer call you weekly?  Mine has promised me a call every Monday with an update.  Just wondered if they still do that a month or so into the process in reality or whether you have to chase.

1 hour ago, Hlywd said:

Does the dealer call you weekly?  Mine has promised me a call every Monday with an update.  Just wondered if they still do that a month or so into the process in reality or whether you have to chase.

No I wasn't offered that and I didn't request it. I got a build week about a month after ordering and have heard nothing since. To be fair my dealer claims  there isn't  much point in giving out a BW sooner. (This was also the approach when I bought my current VRS from them way back in 2010).  The deal is that he will contact me if anything significant changes.

I'm happy with that, no desire to talk to the dealer just for the sake of it. To be honest I think the wait goes by quicker if you aren't chasing updates every five minutes, but I appreciate that's an important  part of the new car ordering experience for others.

Time will tell if I'm just burying my head in the sand however......  

12 minutes ago, juan27 said:

No I wasn't offered that and I didn't request it. I got a build week about a month after ordering and have heard nothing since. To be fair my dealer claims  there isn't  much point in giving out a BW sooner. (This was also the approach when I bought my current VRS from them way back in 2010).  The deal is that he will contact me if anything significant changes.

I'm happy with that, no desire to talk to the dealer just for the sake of it. To be honest I think the wait goes by quicker if you aren't chasing updates every five minutes, but I appreciate that's an important  part of the new car ordering experience for others.

Time will tell if I'm just burying my head in the sand however......  

Yes mine has said even though the provisional BW is 39 that could easily change.  To be honest during the first update call he told me the factory gave him wk 48 which had actually changed over to wk 39 that first weekend so I am not hanging any hats on dates as yet. 

I just find it interesting to be kept informed like you say, as part of the new car process.

2 hours ago, Hlywd said:

I just find it interesting to be kept informed like you say, as part of the new car process.

Well lets face it quite a lot of the chat on here is about lead times and build weeks, and its nice to have fellow travelers in this waiting game. 

• Like 1

Why would you want to ? its the same car as the vRS, its just go quicker especially round corners, whats to test?

I always find a new car is great, fast, fantastic & all the other great descriptive words, its just a few month later I start wanting more flash or dash & start modifing.

Other point being, whos gonna test drive a car with a 30 week leadtime?

On 8/2/2017 at 16:05, themanwithnoaim said:

Other point being, whos gonna test drive a car with a 30 week leadtime?

Well plenty if you test it before you ask for the lead time?  Anyway is yours still getting built next week?  

• Like 1

Yeah, next week, hopefully collect 5th September for my local Briskoda meet then, the National meet on the sunday.

Following week I strip all the badges, replace the 19's with black 18 Gemini's, paint the wheel hubs & possible the brake calipers too. Its going stealthy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Following week I strip all the badges, replace the 19's with black 18 Gemini's, paint the wheel hubs & possible the brake calipers too. Its going stealthy

What are you going to do with the lights? :D