vRS245 ordered club

Shame, but a bullet dodged. 

I’d LOVE a 911, hopefully 997 but possibly 996 at some point, and have been looking at the market for a while. 

Good of luck with your hunt! 

14 hours ago, dunc69 said:

Shame, but a bullet dodged. 

I’d LOVE a 911, hopefully 997 but possibly 996 at some point, and have been looking at the market for a while. 

Good of luck with your hunt! 

I was lucky enough to own a 911 turbo a few years back - amazing car, but far too quick for the roads - 2nd gear was good for 70+, but i did see 186mph from it on a road trip to Germany.

Had to sell it as needed a deposit on a house, and bought a boxster instead - was actually more fun to drive!

Just had my weekly call from Skoda to say no build date in sight as yet.

My case worker said there is a meeting on Monday where she will bring up my issues re current lease ending and have a way forward when she calls me back Tuesday.

As an aside, a colleague here ordered the Golf GTE which has also been delayed - was due Jan, but no sight of it.  Yesterday VW delivered him a new Audi A6 S Line as a temp vehicle until his is ready at their cost.

34 minutes ago, Ursicles said:

Just had my weekly call from Skoda to say no build date in sight as yet.

My case worker said there is a meeting on Monday where she will bring up my issues re current lease ending and have a way forward when she calls me back Tuesday.

As an aside, a colleague here ordered the Golf GTE which has also been delayed - was due Jan, but no sight of it.  Yesterday VW delivered him a new Audi A6 S Line as a temp vehicle until his is ready at their cost.

I was told they were having a meeting today so not sure who to believe.

id take an a6 though as a temp Car until the 245 is delivered!!

On this topic I am in the same boat, no build week in sight etc.  Currently i'm unconfirmed at BW16.  My current car which is on PCP runs out in May.

When am I within my rights to ask my dealer to provide me with something until my 245 arrives?

Had a call form my dealer to say the 245 I originally ordered is built and on its way (Don't know why as I told them to cancel my order)

Anyway if anyone was after a 245 in meteor grey before they stopped production I can give you the details as i'm sure they would be happy to sell it on.

14 minutes ago, OliR said:

Had a call form my dealer to say the 245 I originally ordered is built and on its way (Don't know why as I told them to cancel my order)

Anyway if anyone was after a 245 in meteor grey before they stopped production I can give you the details as i'm sure they would be happy to sell it on.

Manual/auto

estate/hatchback ??

I would happily take it if the garages would sort it out subject to the above.

Guest garpat32
1 hour ago, OliR said:

Which dealer mate?

Thanks

In a bit of a catch 22 situation now, not happy about being told another 3-4 months when i've already been waiting just under 3 months..... but...... If i cancel now and order something else it's going to take that long anyway, so no real choice but to wait now :sweat: 

The whole situation is incredibly frustrating and disappointing. 6 months is completely unacceptable for a car that has been on the market for a while now.

1 minute ago, Ursicles said:

If skoda/audi get you another car in the interim, its actually a win as you have a couple of months free motoring :)

Thats how im seeing it.

I assume to take advantage of this I assume youd have to have a lease that is ending very soon and if you didnt get a car youd be left car less?

In my car my pcp deal doesnt end to mid may and thats my current eta.  So not alot I can do!

15 minutes ago, martysparty99 said:

I assume to take advantage of this I assume youd have to have a lease that is ending very soon and if you didnt get a car youd be left car less?

In my car my pcp deal doesnt end to mid may and thats my current eta.  So not alot I can do!

Anyone who's car is currently delayed I'd suggest you make VWFS aware in writing when your current car expires & when you ordered your new car together with you BW.

I'd state that you would like their written assurance that they will ensure you are niether without a suitable car & are not financial worst off.

To just take salesstaff's verbal assurances would be extremely naive.

1 hour ago, Reaperrsx said:

Manual/auto

estate/hatchback ??

I would happily take it if the garages would sort it out subject to the above.

It's a DSG hatchback

Skoda have really ballsed this up havent they - and thats just reading from on here, let alone all those who dont know the forum exists!

Wonder how much this is costing them in terms of goodwill gestures, and wonder if i can ask for a comparable car speedwise to the VRs?

6 hours ago, Muzza80 said:

Progress!!  Status 30!

Thanks for waiting. My system is showing that your OCTAVIA vRS 245 is built and is currently in transit from the Factory to the Port of Exit in Emden

Nice, got told the same myself today so guessing our cars are on the same shipment then! Keep me posted when you're picking it up and might see you down there! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Reaperrsx said:

I was told they were having a meeting today so not sure who to believe.

id take an a6 though as a temp Car until the 245 is delivered!!

They were meant to

have a call last Thursday to discuss all the cases/complaints but it didn’t happen so meeting was moved to Monday this week.  This didn’t happen either so was rearranged for today.  Was expecting a call with an update but was in meetings so missed the call.  Will be seriously ****ed off if today’s meeting was also cancelled and never happened.

52 minutes ago, matt9407 said:

Hi all, bit of a downer - a sudden change in circumstances means that my 245 has been returned to Skoda. So, would anyone like to buy a 3 week old DTUK box lol?

Sorry to hear that, hope all okay?

1 hour ago, matt9407 said:

Hi all, bit of a downer - a sudden change in circumstances means that my 245 has been returned to Skoda. So, would anyone like to buy a 3 week old DTUK box lol?

Are you a freedom member ? if so you can put in the parts for sale section, if not PM me

13 hours ago, matt9407 said:

I saw this on the facebook page, I may be interested, how much were you looking for?